Uber Sunny Day Team

My first try at a Sunny Day team or Uber team, so don't be too critical.

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Drought
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Jolly
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch
~Thunder Wave
~Stealth Rock

Ah, Groudon, a great lead in Ubers. Earthquake hits most things very well. Fire Punch is for those annoying Scizors. Now for the other 2 moves. What I can't Thunder Wave, I Stealth Rock. What I can't survive a hit from, I Thunder Wave. Lum Berry stops Darkrai's main purpose.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Impish
~Power Whip
~Knock Off
~Sleep Powder
~Stun Spore

An NU Pokemon on an Uber team? You're crazy. Well, I don't care. Tangrowth is awesome, look at it. As you can see, this is the Double Powder set with some modifications. Power Whip does crazy damage with STAB. Knock Off ruins the point of Trick in Ubers. The rest of the set is self-explanatory.

Ho-oh @ Expert Belt
Pressure
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Jolly
~Sacred Fire
~Earthquake
~Solar Beam
~Recover

Stealth Rock has completely ruined Ho-oh's credibility as an Uber. Sacred Fire is the sole reason this pokemon is Uber in my opinion. Earthquake is for Electric and Rock types trying to destroy my Ho-oh. Solar Beam is perfect for a Sunny Day team for obvious reasons as it destroys any counter to Ho-oh. Recover to ware off Stealth Rock damage.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Modest
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Wish
~Thunderbolt

This set is pretty self-explanatory.

Heatran @ Focus Sash
Flash Fire
Timid
~Flamethrower
~Flash Cannon
~Earth Power
~Stone Edge

If a counter to Jirachi comes in and knows a Fire type move, Heatran can counter it and get some speed. The rest is also pretty self-explanatory.

Giratina-Regular @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 Sp. Def/252 HP/4 Sp. Attack
Gentle
~Dragon Pulse
~Shadow Ball
~Aura Sphere
~Will-o-Wisp

Groundon looks good.
Tangrowth should have a Adamant nature instead of Impish to give it more attacking power.
Ho-Oh should have Punishment instead of Solarbeam because his SpA isn't too high and put the 252SpA ev's into Atk.
Jirachi looks good.
Heatran should have dragon pulse over stone edge.
Giratina should have a Bold nature instead of Gentle

So, overall, the team is pretty good? The odd thing is I remeber deleting Punishment for Solar Beam on Ho-oh. I just used Solar Beam because it's a Sunny Day team.

You need more comments at the end, it's hard to see what you're aiming for with Rachi, Tran, and Tina.

2 major things:
~Groudon is disposable
~Stealth Rock

First issue about Groudon; with your spread/position, he's not going to last long. This is an issue because once you lose him, your team is immediately ineffective if the opposing team has Kyogre. Groudon is the spine of this team, it would help if you carried a much bulkier EV spread and didn't think like "what I can't survive a hit from, I Thunder Wave" (if you can't survive, gtfo). Chesto Berry works better than Lum because if Darkrai uses trick while you Thunder Wave, it gains free paralysis healing and can switch out unharmed.

Next is Stealth Rock. It's everywhere. You don't have Rapd Spin which means Ho-oh is losing 50% of its health everytime it switches in, and it also means Heatran's Focus Sash is useless. You might want to try Sun sweeper Palkia over Ho-oh, it can achieve similar effects and also helps you if you're stuck with Perma rain after Groudon is trashed. Heatran should be Shuca or Leftovers, but I don't have any actual experience with him.

You may want to give Latias a try over Giratina; she's a fine special wall while being highly offensive at the same time. For Tangrowth, those Attack EVs are really wasted as your only move is Power Whip, which isn't spectacular. You should put it in HP if anything unless you change the moveset. If you're interested in a more offensive Tangrowth, this is what I use:

Tangrowth (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 176 Atk/252 Spd/80 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Other tidbits: Get rid of Stone Edge on Heatran for Dragon Pulse, get rid of Psychic on Jirachi (Psychic is a bad attacking type, especially in ubers where psychics and steels are plentiful).

Outside of Giratina you have major issues with Kyogre (among other things). I'm not one to manipulate a team extremely though, so I can't really help you there. Sorry, hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)