Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it is a good thing i couldn't made it. How many people actually got turned away? I wanted to go so bad but it would have been such a push to go as I had to pack my things for an internship and leave the following day. I would have been so angry if i got up there to find out i couldn't battle.

NASHVILLE ROADTRIP

ATTENTION NORTHEAST COAST PLAYERS!!

CARPOOL TO NASHVILLE!

I am attempting to organize a CARPOOL for those of us that wish to go to Nashville and either chill with friends (like what I will do) or get another shot at PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURNAMENT (Like Cookies, Pablo, Leinhanman..)!

If you are interested and would like to partake in this, please send me a PM so I can get a topic opened up with details. I need to know if you can DRIVE, if you can get to a SPEEDLINE/SUBWAY TRAIN STATION, or other convienent pick-up spots. I will assume that anybody not driving will pitch some money for Gas (no, not farts). I need as many people interested as possible, or this will fall through!

Participants:
VashTheStampede (Not competing)
The Amazin Mobo
Bulldozer667
RedSpyda
Blurr
Tyler244

Cars:
None, lol :(

-Shinryu <----- Wants everyone to "STAY THE **** OUT OF [his] STATE"
Just kidding...as I know not being selected sucked and everyone deserves a fair shot, plus it is not right to be selfish...At least you guys will know what you are doing and do Smogon proud. Besides, I do not even live in Tennessee.

Did you go to Philly Kindnugs? I didn't see you there so I guess not?
no, couldn't go. did you get to battle? i really wanted to. but i basically worked a double shift at work that day and couldn't bring myself to even think about driving after that. i hope we'll see more of these events. at least we got a few more than LA and NYC.

Hey kindnugs, I was expecting to see you, probably made the right decision not to show up as we were quite pissed compared to the joy of last year. We never got around to getting group photos that was how pissed off we were this year.
i figured all you guys from last year would be there ;) i really think you should have a spot guaranteed if you got in the top 8 or at least if you won last year's qualifier. it sucks that some of those who did great last year didn't even get to play a battle. but i really do think things will be different next year, but well see. last year was a blast though. i can't beleive only like 132 seniors showed up at NYC compared to Philly.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
just bred an all new team for Nashville! Hopefully I can get it trained and teach it the proper moves and actually test it ASAP!!!!1!

Oh yeah, does anyone else have backup plans? Were going to the mall (duh) and some fancy restaraunt with aquariums all over,and the park and the zoo and were going to make a weekend of it ^.6

Tomorrow I'm going to Berlin. Because of the expensive costs of the trip, probably I'll be the only italian to do so. I really hope to get picked otherwise the entire trip will be a total fail. Even then I fear some xenophobic issues because german people don't like italians. I could get DQ'd only because I have an italian cartridge, too many *insert random item here* (I've started a new game especially for that), 3 PP-Ups applied on every move or simply because I could be a threat for a german champion.

Anyway I need help with the language (I don't know anything of german). I'll be easy to spot with my choice item :naughty:

Tomorrow I'm going to Berlin. Because of the expensive costs of the trip, probably I'll be the only italian to do so. I really hope to get picked otherwise the entire trip will be a total fail. Even then I fear some xenophobic issues because german people don't like italians. I could get DQ'd only because I have an italian cartridge, too many *insert random item here* (I've started a new game especially for that), 3 PP-Ups applied on every move or simply because I could be a threat for a german champion.

Anyway I need help with the language (I don't know anything of german). I'll be easy to spot with my choice item :naughty:
ah thats not true. In Germany Italians are one of the biggest amount of foreigeners here and we like them most. LOL La dolche Vita you know ^^ ^^

anyway just watch out for me or other guys....

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know you would´ve enjoyed playing me in the finals again Pico :)

basically, my team is ready, I just didn´t manage to get an european DP (have US DP and european platinum), so I would have to get one on friday and start a new game just a day before the tourney, that´s very risky...but not a problem

unfortunately, the problem is that I have too much work right now (3 trials/sessions of a court just today ._. , tomorrow another one and have to write an extraordinary appeal in another case asap, etc.)

good luck I bet some of you germans will breath a sigh of relief because your chances grow by me not attending :D but whatever, good luck Pico, Sinan, druck dug, Gara and others...if any two of you get to the final you´ll be worthy oponents to both the japanese and americans ;)

yeah try not to stand near each other in the line, try to split up as much as you can

cya next year

I know you would´ve enjoyed playing me in the finals again Pico :)

basically, my team is ready, I just didn´t manage to get an european DP (have US DP and european platinum), so I would have to get one on friday and start a new game just a day before the tourney, that´s very risky...but not a problem

unfortunately, the problem is that I have too much work right now (3 trials/sessions of a court just today ._. , tomorrow another one and have to write an extraordinary appeal in another case asap, etc.)

good luck I bet some of you germans will breath a sigh of relief because your chances grow by me not attending :D but whatever, good luck Pico, Sinan, druck dug, Gara and others...if any two of you get to the final you´ll be worthy oponents to both the japanese and americans ;)

yeah try not to stand near each other in the line, try to split up as much as you can

cya next year

nah i would take all challenges. Honor is also a price. So actually i would like to see you in Berlin, too bad that you are not able to come..

Also yeah you own me a final match between us. ;D Well this Day will come i am sure.

Yeah we will see how far everyone will come.. i just hope the random drawing isnt the worst opponent you will get lol

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Does anyone know if it would be possible to enter the senior tournament and then hand off your cartridge to someone else to enter the junior tournament when you're done with the senior tournament?

The juniors start during the semi finals, I think, and junior registration is finished by the time the final's over. If you lose early on then it'll be entirely possible I guess. If you're going to Berlin, bear in mind how at London there were only 12 juniors and 132 seniors, so there should be a similar turnout at Berlin by my reckoning. I didn't see any juniors at all (unless I saw Wichu's brother and don't recall it; I saw Wichu several times) and I stayed at London until about half an hour after the final.

The juniors start during the semi finals, I think, and junior registration is finished by the time the final's over. If you lose early on then it'll be entirely possible I guess. If you're going to Berlin, bear in mind how at London there were only 12 juniors and 132 seniors, so there should be a similar turnout at Berlin by my reckoning. I didn't see any juniors at all (unless I saw Wichu's brother and don't recall it; I saw Wichu several times) and I stayed at London until about half an hour after the final.
yeah you're probably right

I'm not entirely sure on the timing though. It was probably different at London given how hardly any juniors turned up.

Wichu will probably know the intricacies of it; he's the only guy I can think of that I assume was at the juniors part.

Oh yeah, does anyone else have backup plans? Were going to the mall (duh) and some fancy restaraunt with aquariums all over,and the park and the zoo and were going to make a weekend of it ^.6
since you're going to be in Nashville anyway don't waste your time and money on the Aquarium Cafe, or any restaurant in the mall for that matter (except for TGI Fridays, which I might go to only because we don't have one in Clarksville). downtown Nashville has some pretty amazing restaurants, look up some stuff in the area. the Opry Mills mall does have some pretty cool stuff though, definitely check it out.

so i'll be going with a few friends of mine, I'll be the one wearing the brown Atticus shirt and flask belt buckle.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Kind of last minute, but I've managed to put together a carpool that will be going from Phoenix to Nashville. If you live somewhere in the southern half of the United States, and you have cash to contribute for gas/hotel, please PM me immediately if interested.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That was very nice of Shane to interview some of us like he did as I managed to get mine in on part one. Yes I did see those big-screen matches involving Ethan, didn't make the connection that Ethan was Pokethan at the time as a group of us were still simmering over our not getting in, especially those of us that made it far in New York's regionals last year.

Edit: intriguing idea. If you don't get picked in Nashville and see someone that does that really only cared about a shiny milotic, then do whatever it takes to exchange wristbands. I don't know why I did not think of that in Philadelphia.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Edit: intriguing idea. If you don't get picked in Nashville and see someone that does that really only cared about a shiny milotic, then do whatever it takes to exchange wristbands. I don't know why I did not think of that in Philadelphia.
Alternatively, if you have extra shiny Milotics (I have a 30/14/31/31/31/30 cloned one), you can convince a few people not to sign up if you trade them one.

Alright guys, I'll be leaving in about an hour to begin my 14-hour (one way ._.), two-day trip to Nashville. I look forward to seeing all you there and hopefully we all get picked! I'll be wearing my smogon shirt at the tournament (the same kind that zerowing wore at phoenix), and I look pretty much the same as I do in the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)