Billy Mays, 50, found dead in his home.

It's more shock than anything else. Which is why you don't see other threads for other people not name Michael Jackson (he was a surprise as well.)

I cried. Today is truly a sad day. Pitchmen was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Rest in Peace, Billy Mays, the greatest pitchman of all time

So helping many, many people get their inventions into the world isn't doing something? The TV show was made this year. We know him from infomercials. And, oh maybe fathering two children with a wife he loved. that might be doing something as well.

Also, how is it conformist to note the death of someone we respected? Do you sit in your throne and smile every time someone you respected dies? If not, shut up, because you two are a hypocrite. And no one is acting in a self-masturbatory manner. If it's self-masturbatory to note someone else's life, then that definition has severely changed since I learned it.

Want to know why I'm posting? I find your remarks distasteful and someone needs to point out that it is such. You're free dissent. Just don't come here and preach that we are not allowed to feel sad that someone died! You're dissenting against bullshit claims of conformity when all we are doing is saying we'll miss the man. If you want to dissent about conformity, get off the computer and do something. Go rebel against every single person on their computers, patrolling the internet, and posting about their findings.

You are just trying to have the guise of a nonconformist that is totally independent and, clearly, better than everyone with an ounce of human decency. You find things to bitch about that don't exist. You try as hard as you can to disagree with anything and everything a majority emotes. Honestly, your imperative dissent is that we should not bemoan someone's passing. Just because they are a "celebrity" doesn't make their death any less tragic.

Further, I'm not a hypocrite. I am sadend by his death. That doesn't mean I'm bemoaning it. And, you have insulted me. By insisting your opinions are the ultimate truth, you have insulted me. I wish to show sadness over the death of Billy Mays. Don't come and tell me that I'm wrong to do that.

I agree on that point. I dunno, I feel this month we should have just made an Obituary thread... Good news is the month is almost over.

okay, i'm saddened by the deaths of MJ and Billy Mays, but that isn't enough to stop me from pulling one over on someone. just around 15 min ago i called up a friend, just to get some amusement off of the situation.

me:i can't believe he's dead
friend: yeah, such a huge icon from my childhood is gone
me: i don't think there is anyone in the world that will sound like him in our lifetimes
friend:yeah, man. (long pause) just yeah.
me: god he was too young. i mean only 50. now who's gonna tell me what to buy?
friend: what?
me: yeah, now that Billy Mays is gone, who's gonna tell me what to buy?
friend: who the fuck is that?
me: you know, the guy from the oxiclean and orange glo commercials. he died this morning. who did you think i was talking about?
friend: Michael Jackson.
me:who?
friend: Michael Jackson. you know, the biggest star in the world? MJ?
me: MICHAEL JORDAN IS DEAD???
friend: no, Michael Jackson. the singer from the Jackson 5, who then did solo work. billy jean, thriller, black & white, man in the mirror?

this went on for another good 2 or 3 minutes before he realized it was a joke.

First Michael Jackson, then Farrah Fawcett, now the OxiClean guy. Who's next?

Ozzy Osbourne?

I hate this month. Billy Mays was awesome. He makes Oxiclean sound like it's a Chuck Norris sweat substitute.

I'l miss Billy. <3

In his memory, we should all use Oxiclean for a day!

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Come on what a fucking bad week, Billy Mays and MJ??? God took two legends from us in 2 days... :(

Also if Ozzy dies that will ruin the entire year for me..,

Two guys with very strange voices die in one week...

well anyway, RIP Billy, your commercials never cease to entertain me.

my cat died two nights ago too, same day as MJ no kidding. So much death all at once it's crazy.

I think that the only reason people haven't posted a thread about Farrah Fawcett is that her cancer meant she definitely wasn't long for this world. Billie Mays dying in his sleep and Michael Jackson going into cardiac arrest are a bit more shocking. They are also a bit more relevant now than Farrah Fawcett is.

Wow this is all just shocking. Farrah Fawcett, Micheal Jackson, and Billy Mays all in one week. This is just strange.

As much as I hated Billy yelling at me from my TV, I'll miss the guy. He was a good salesman.

All this celebrity death is too coincidental to be.......coincidental.

Omg I can't believe it. I was watching him (almost live) on the Tonight Show the other day, and he was so funny and such a cool and kind guy. I always found his infommercials fun to watch. R.I.P.

I think that the only reason people haven't posted a thread about Farrah Fawcett is that her cancer meant she definitely wasn't long for this world. Billie Mays dying in his sleep and Michael Jackson going into cardiac arrest are a bit more shocking. They are also a bit more relevant now than Farrah Fawcett is.
More like most people here don't really know her well enough, must be why no one seems to have mentioned McMahon either...

If Billy Mays wasn't the most influential man ever he was still a nice man and father who probably helped a lot of people get their good products out, my condolences go out to his family.

Damn, talk about bad weeks......whp os next, Madonna? I mean, c´mon, that makes it 6 celebrities that have died this month

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He is enough of a "celebrity" to have a thread dedicated to him on the internet. He did not do things that mattered, most likely. Building a bridge matters more than making a television show, so I do not see how that is relevant to me.

I never claimed to have removed myself from society; I was expressing (obviously fake) relief that I still have sure proof I am not conformist like everyone clamoring about this in such a self-masturbatory manner.

I think it is perfectly clear why I am posting - because I find this distasteful and someone needs to point out that it is such. Again, just because someone dead does not make it the one time that no one is allowed to dissent. It makes it even more imperative since no one else is apparently willing to do so.

Finally, you even admitted you are a hypocrite about this issue. When you know that you are a hypocrite, here is the solution: do not bitch someone out about it, and even more pressingly do not act high and mighty to the point you say "fuck off" to someone who has not insulted you when you are in the inferior position by being a gross hypocrite.
Oh no! People are sad that someone who entertained them is dead! Whatever shall I do? I know, I'll bitch about it on the internet! Goddamn I'm an internet tough guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)