HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Baby' forms for the dragons would be weird :\. We can't really tell what's in the chains, because of the ball figure and all.

Can't hide i would be disappointed if there were "Phione-like" things for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Being Phione kind of a poor man's Manaphy and not being that used/popular. Baby forms of them would be pretty much the same crap.

I believe no new pokemon will be in this game, save it for a spin-off game like Colosseum 2 was back then with Bonsly and Munchlax.

personally i believe the first one is the kanto/johto gastrodon while the other two are nep evos. I dont think they'll be prevos for the legendaries.

Pokeballs reduce a Legends Power?!

What are the weather trio? The 3 dogs?
the weather trio is groudon/kyogre/rayquaza.

and this long wait certainly has gone to your heads guys. do you even realize that you're talking about pre-evolution legendaries?

and this long wait certainly has gone to your heads guys. do you even realize that you're talking about pre-evolution legendaries?
well to be fair, it has already be done before with manaphy and theres the 3 keychains and the hatching animation from pokemon sunday that make it seem plausible

Look at the computer near where Cyrus was in the Galactic HQ.

On a different note, why would someone as respectable as Arael start such a crazy rumour? One big point against that idea: How would other games view those "babies"? I mean Notch-eared Pichu seems to still be viewed as a Pichu by the game (see before the battle in the video showing its moves off) and logically would have the same stats, but these "baby legendaries" cannot work.

And I am AMAZED that people can't see Pikachu in the second keychain. Come on, they plaster Pikachu on EVERYTHING. No idea why they'd cover it up though. Unless it's a special kind of Pikachu. Notch-eared? Problem there is that Pichu's left ear (our right) is the odd one, and the keychain's respective ear is normal.

Mark my words, it's a special Pikachu. And by extension, the third keychain is a special Raichu.

THINK, people. Please.

. No idea why they'd cover it up though..
Well just to add to this point, they have covered up stuff that we already know, like in a magazine scan you can see the silhouettes of the weather trio, and we already know these! You can tell who they are!

Sometimes they cover things just to build up speculation or something, but it doesn't mean it is something new.

Then again the first key chain is the confusing one. I seriously dont think its arceus.
Yeah there's no way that's Arceus. Arceus doen't have bent horns anyway. It looks more like Rayquaza than Arceus if you ask me.

MegaMewtwo said it all about the second one being Pikachu. How is that seriously not Pikachu?

What if it is Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios? The Lati twins have similar protrusions on their heads, and the first one does look like Rayquaza. Seems plausible to me.

Right, because when Arceus gives you a choice between Dialga, Palkia or Giratina, you instead receive Ho-Oh alt. forme, Lugia alt. forme or Celebi alt. forme.
I know that arceus gives you the dragons. I'm saying you could get the alts a totally different way, such as like the secret key event. What does arceus have to do with alt-forms of the jhoto legends?

Wait guys, I think Uber has a point, although not necessarily Alt forms, these are indefintatly

1) Ho-Oh
2)Lugia
3)Celebi

As I said not necessarily alt formes, in fact NOT Alt formes, why would they give alt formes to old school pokemon( dont say Notched/Pikachu colored pichus are alt formes. )

First off, the question marks give it away look at the colors on each of them,

Secondly, you can see Ho-Oh's wing pattern and Beak in the first one, you can see Lugia's wings and pseudo-head horn, on the bottom you can see the tip of the tail and one foot in the second, and in the third celebis antenaes and arms(hands?).

Thirdly, what would be a better way to advertise for HG/SS then placing these legends in the upcoming movie.

I know that arceus gives you the dragons. I'm saying you could get the alts a totally different way, such as like the secret key event. What does arceus have to do with alt-forms of the jhoto legends?
During Pokemon Sunday a clip of an egg hatching during the Arceus/Dragons event was stopped. That provides some basis for speculation. But where the heck are you getting the idea of alternate forms of Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi? I don't even think Celebi is related to Ho-Oh or Lugia at all, and even Ho-Oh/Lugia's relationship is shaky compared to Kyogre/Groudon and Dialga/Palkia.

Baby Sinnoh legends? WTF? We are just getting the NORMAL Pokemon at Lv1, like Regigigas. The keychains are just Arceus, Pikachu/Pichu, and Raichu. They might be something else, but I HIGHLY doubt that they are "baby Dialga/Palkia/Giratina".

On a side note, I NEED NON-LEGENDS WITH DRIZZLE AND DROUGHT!!!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It does, according to Cyrus. That's why he wanted the legendary's power only, not the pokémon itself.

the weather trio is groudon/kyogre/rayquaza.

No. It would be like the Rotoms, one form having xxx BST, and other having xxx+y BST. The difference would be that, once these baby forms changed to adult form, they wouldn't revert back, working like an evolution in this case, but NOT being one.

On a different note, why would someone as respectable as Arael start such a crazy rumour?
In my defense, I said that it's possible that they are baby forms, just that.

One big point against that idea: How would other games view those "babies"?
As a Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. The only difference for HGSS would be the BST, and the sprite. If you tried to trade one for DPPt, it would forcibly change to the "adult form" and never revert back to baby form.

And I am AMAZED that people can't see Pikachu in the second keychain.
I can totally see Raichu on the third keychain and something resembling a Pikachu on the second one, but quite frankly, if they haven't cut that Arceus clip exactly when the egg would hatch, I wouldn't even think of those baby forms. Somebody said that the people on Pokémon Sunday said "it's worth the wait" (which would raise my suspicions even more), but I'm not buying that until filb.de/Pokébeach/Serebii says something about that.

First one: Raichu
Second one: Pikachu
Third one: Pichu

it's quite clear I think...
Two keychains for Notch-Ear Pichu? Makes no sense to me.

Look at Arceus' Platinum sprite, then flip it. Then look at the first keychain.

The first one is more obvious than the others, I believe.
I didn't do that, but now I see the first as Arceus with its head upwards. It's still strange that there would be two Arceus keychains, though...

On a side note, I NEED NON-LEGENDS WITH DRIZZLE AND DROUGHT!!!
Seriously? No, we don't. Infinite Sun and Rain are much, much more broken than infinite Hail and Sandstorm.

In Netbattle they found level 1 Kyogre and Groudon to be broken because of their ability. That was admittedly a whole generation ago, but the number of ways to abuse rain and sun has increased.

I told you all that trying to see Pokemon in those silhouettes is pointless. Everyone is seeing different things. Two compleatly different poses for Arceus? You lot will see whatever you want in them won't you?

I don't see a problem with there being more than one keychain for any Pokemon. These chains are special because they are golden while the others are silver.

I meant that although several people said they saw Arceus in the same one, when they came to describe it they came up with totally different interpretations. Furthermore, with other people seeing other things in them, it just shows that it is impossible to tell. If you are sure you recognize a pokemon from just that, you may just be seeing what you want to see. With what everyone in doing, this seems more than likely to me.

I've been thinking...

I suspect that wherever they place Pal Park in this game, THAT will also be the area where your PokeWalker "captures" will be sent. It makes more sense to me than just finding them in your PC Box somewhere. Plus, it'd add functionality to a location that would otherwise be completely useless to DSi players.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been thinking...

I suspect that wherever they place Pal Park in this game, THAT will also be the area where your PokeWalker "captures" will be sent. It makes more sense to me than just finding them in your PC Box somewhere. Plus, it'd add functionality to a location that would otherwise be completely useless to DSi players.
There's no guarantee HGSS will even have Pal Park, is there?

I've been thinking...

That seems very logical. Was it ever confirmed that in the "battles" on the PokeWalker that you could actually capture the Pokemon though? I assumed the battles were just for EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)