My Team [OU]

This is a team that I've spent a lot of time fine tuning. I'd like to hear some opinions on it though in case you guys can catch something I may have missed.

Lead/Physical Sponge:
Metagross (Ragnarok)
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Def, 129 Att, 129 Sp Def
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Lum Berry
-Bullet Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Explosion

This is my lead but it also can double as a physical sponge if needed. The main idea is to get SR down as quick as possible. Pretty standard. With high defense it can take most all EQ's thrown at it and Lum soaks up status. Its main fear is fire, but Vaporeon and Heatran also on this team do a good job of protecting it from that. I like to keep it alive as long as possible, its priority move is a great asset to the team. But in dire situations or to stop a sweep, Explosion can be used to turn the tides.

Physical Sweeper/Sleep Inducer:
Breloom (Morpheus)
Nature: Jolly
EV: 252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 Def
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
-Focus Punch
-Spore
-Substitute
-Seed Bomb

Perhaps the most feared Pokemon in my lineup, Morpheus alone has won me more battles then any single Pokemon. Most people favor an Adamant Breloom; I do not. For this Breloom the most crucial stat is speed. If Breloom has the speed to set up spore and a sub there's almost no stopping it. 359 attack score is more then enough to get the job done with FP and seed bomb from behind a sub and sleep status. I use Seed Bomb over Leech Seed mainly for dealing with Ghosts. You may think that Gengar would still have an easy time, but Seed Bomb can do a good amount of damage to it as well.

Physical Sweeper/Revenge Killer:
Salamence (Zangetsu)
EV: 252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Choice Scarf
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

I know what you're thinking, Fire Blast should be on a mence with a Naughty nature. And you're right. I just haven't gotten around to training a new one yet xD. But still 230 sp att stat isn't too shabby. I hardly have to use FB though as its mainly for skarm and scizor. This Pokemon is meant as a revenge killer. Very fast, very strong. The strategy is fairly self explainitory.

Special Sponge/Support:
Vaporeon (Marumasa)
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP, 184 Def, 68 Sp Def
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
-Surf
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect

I listed it as a special sponge but it really can take hits from both sides of the spectrum. The main strategy with this is to toxic stall. Wish and Protect combo help greatly with that. It also passes Wishes to the rest of my team should they need them. A very tough little Pokemon.

Special Sweeper:
Gengar (Erebus)
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 Sp Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Ability: Levitate
Item: Life Orb
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Destiny Bond

This guy was added to my team to deal with threats from Pokemon like Lucario. A swords dance life orb Lucario had the ability to rip up my entire team at one point. Not anymore. Gengar can stop it with Focus Blast or if it wants to be safe it can try Destiny Bond to end the sweep. All in all this guy wasn't built to stick around too long. Life Orb adds to the punch it can deliver while its in play. Then when its health is low it can try and use Destiny Bond to take one more Pokemon down with it.

Special Sweeper:
Heatran (Amaterasu)
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 Sp Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Choice Specs
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Overheat

With a Timid nature and the use of specs, this can fool some into believing that this is a Scarf Heatran, forcing switches that sometimes aren't needed. And one Flamethrower or especially Overheat from Specs Heatran will do some serious damage, even to many water types. Timid makes it fast enough to still outspeed some key competition, though its not too terrible since Heatran certainly can take a hit. He also makes a nice compliment to Metagross and Vaporeon.

Your whole team can fall down after seeing a zappy.
T-bolt Kill vappy, Heatran, and gengar. Heat wave kill metagross and breloom.
HP Ice can murder sala.Same thing with Gyrados. Ice fang take out Sala,breloom. Waterfall kill heatran,gengar after a DD and seeing that Vappy dont have HP electic EQ can wear you down.

How can you solve this well Porygon2 does a good job doing this. He can out live a zappy and 1-2HKO a gyrados and even kill a foe sala.

~bidbip

Lead/Physical Sponge:
Metagross (Ragnarok)
EV: 252 Def, 129 Att, 129 Sp Def
I would recommend using the EVs from the lead set in the smogon analysis as meta really needs all the attack it can get, and investing in HP makes it more durable overall than putting those EVs in defense. If you really want to have metagross be a tank then there is a set for that in the analysis too. This is just one example, as many of your other pokemon could use some EV updates (vaporeon especially)

Also I would take bidbip's suggestions, as your team basically rolls over to offensive zapdos if heatran has taken any prior damage:
Thunderbolt does 63.27% - 75.00% to heatran (383 Atk vs 248 Def & 324 HP (95 Base Power): 205 - 243 (63.27% - 75.00%)),
104.20% - 122.90% to gengar (383 Atk vs 186 Def & 262 HP (95 Base Power): 273 - 322 (104.20% - 122.90%)),
90.52% - 106.47% to vaporeon (383 Atk vs 243 Def & 464 HP (95 Base Power): 420 - 494 (90.52% - 106.47%)),
and 78.01% - 92.17% to salamence (an OHKO with stealth rock) (383 Atk vs 196 Def & 332 HP (95 Base Power): 258 - 306 (77.71% - 92.17%)),
Heat wave does 175.48% - 206.90% to breloom lol (383 Atk vs 156 Def & 261 HP (100 Base Power): 458 - 540 (175.48% - 206.90%)),
and 95.68% - 112.96% to metagross (383 Atk vs 248 Def & 301 HP (100 Base Power): 288 - 340 (95.68% - 112.96%))

So yeah, this is a problem. Like bidbip says, porygon would work, or you could use something as simple as blissey or tyranitar (I personally think t-tar is better, especially if you invest in special defense.)

P.S. Welcome to Smogon!

Thanks for the rates guys ^_^. Well I can see what you mean here but I think I could deal with a Zapdos with this team. With SR damage Sala could stop it with Stone Edge (It is scarfed after all), and since I play on Pearl version I rarely see HP moves, but that is still possible. If Zapdos did get through that gengar could still end its sweep with Destiny Bond. I'll look into some other solutions though. Thanks again.

Thanks for the rates guys ^_^. Well I can see what you mean here but I think I could deal with a Zapdos with this team. With SR damage Sala could stop it with Stone Edge (It is scarfed after all), and since I play on Pearl version I rarely see HP moves, but that is still possible. If Zapdos did get through that gengar could still end its sweep with Destiny Bond. I'll look into some other solutions though. Thanks again.
You're right about salamence, and gengar to a lesser extent, being able to stop zapdos, so I guess it's not as much of a problem, but it's still something to look out for. And if it turns out to be a problem (it isn't that widely used after all) then you can take one of my suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)