Lady Luck is also named Intimidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. This is my first attempt at a warstory on a battle that I though was fun! Not only the battle itself, but getting there was fun. The guy I’m fighting in this did his own mini-tournament on the Smogon Server. 4 people joined up in it, who’s names elude me at this point… Sorry guys… Anywho, rilari82 and I won our respective matches and were up to facing each other. The final matchup. Adrenaline levels rising, my Red Bull from earlier kicking in. This is the story:

Seth Vilo’s team:

As usual, rilari82’s team won’t be shown until the end. I didn’t know, so you won’t either. Hahaha.

Log is in bold, my comments are normal, all Leftovers and Sandstorm stuff is left in.

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause, Timed Battle

Seth Vilo sent out Fusion (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
rilari82 sent out FightThePOWA (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
---
- 100%

- 100%

Righto. My Heatran against a Breloom. It’s a leading Breloom, so I figure its gotta’ be a Choice Scarf one - that is, unless he really hates Swampert leads. Anyway, as I have used the Choice Scarf Breloom variants before, I expect a Spore coming my way to take out Heatran and keep Rocks from going up. I have one thing on my team that can take those like a champ, so here he comes!

Seth Vilo switched in Leviathan (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Leviathan's intimidate cut FightThePOWA's attack!
FightThePOWA used Spore.
Leviathan fell asleep!
---
- 100%, napping...

- 100%

I know what you’re thinking. “Gyarados can take sleep??”. Well, if you’ve seen either of my teams in the RMT, or have battled me recently in Shoddy, you’ll recognize this guy. He’s the super-defensive Rest-Talking Gyarados, one of my new favorites in all time. I know he’s going to switch now, so I Sleep Talk to see what I get.

rilari82 switched in HOMO (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
HOMO's intimidate cut Leviathan's attack!
Leviathan is fast asleep!
Leviathan used Sleep Talk.
Leviathan used Rest.
But it failed!
---
- 100%, weak and napping...

- 100%

Darn it. Not only did I get a junk move from Sleep Talk, but my attack is lowered one stage. Not to mention he can start doing horrible things to my team with that thing. I have no idea what to expect from it, so I attempt to wake up my Gyarados and scout what he’ll be doing with that dragon.

HOMO used Dragon Dance.
HOMO's attack was raised.
HOMO's speed was raised.
Leviathan is fast asleep!
Leviathan used Waterfall.
It's not very effective...
HOMO lost 13% of its health.
---
- 100%, nappers...

- 100%, 1 DD!

Gosh-darn-gee-willikers, Batman! He’s a Dragon Dance variety! And I did a Waterfall that barely scratched him!! I’m going into overdrive right now, so instead of risking something awful, I try my luck at Sleep Talk again. I don’t know what possessed me to do that in hindsight…
HOMO used Dragon Dance.
HOMO's attack was raised.
HOMO's speed was raised.
Leviathan woke up!
But it failed!
---
- 100%, awake!

- 100%, 2 DD

Two Dragon Dances, Gyarados wasted a turn, and not much can switch in safely. I figure that he’ll take another shot at greedily Dragon Dancing so I switch in something that might still outspeed it, hoping it survives.

Seth Vilo switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
HOMO used Dragon Claw.
Gengar lost 254% of its health.
Seth Vilo's Gengar fainted.
HOMO lost 10% of its health.
---
- 0%, out...
- 90%, 2 DD...

5 - 6
I guess he thought I might Stone Edge…? Or perhaps just went for the kill… I never got a Dragon Dance in on my Gyarados, so he’s left to wonder what that mystery move is. Anywho, my Choice Scarf Gengar is now sliced to bits by his +2 Dragon Claw. I’m thinking it’s good game right here, so I switch something in that resists Dragon Claw and might hit hard back.

Seth Vilo switched in Fusion (lvl 100 Heatran ?).

What do you do when in doubt? Explode. It was better than SR, Earth Power, or Fire Blast, so I go for it.

HOMO used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Fusion lost 187% of its health.
Seth Vilo's Fusion fainted.
The Shuca Berry weakened Earthquake's power!
---
- 0%, all flamed out

- 80%, 2 DD, on a roll

4 - 6

And bang went that theory… SR isn’t up, Heatran is grounded, and I’m thinking I’m screwed. I decide my best bet is to go with something that’s immune to one of the moves I know he has, and can take a hit. Welcome back, Gyarados!

Leviathan's intimidate cut HOMO's attack!

BANG!! I get an idea. For some reason in the heat of battle, I always forget about my little fish’s ability! I HAVE A CHANCE!!! Just please don’t have Stone Edge!

HOMO used Dragon Claw.
Leviathan lost 62% of its health.
Leviathan used Dragon Dance.
Leviathan's attack was raised.
Leviathan's speed was raised.
Leviathan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Leviathan restored 6% of its health.
---
- 42%

- 70%, -1 Attack

I attempted to fool him into thinking I have nothing else to do, knowing I’ll survive with a quick bit of (rough) math.

Seth Vilo switched in Mantis of Death (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
HOMO used Dragon Claw.
Mantis of Death lost 49% of its health.
Mantis of Death's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mantis of Death restored 6% of its health.
---
57%

- 60%, -1 Attack

Switch in Scizor, being resistant to Dragon. Did a lot less damage to the little bug than I expected, though! He didn’t Stone Edge my Gyarados, so I assume he’s gunna try to cook my little Mantis/ant thing. Back to Gyarados to take it and lower his attack even more!

HOMO used Fire Blast.
Leviathan lost 19% of its health.
Leviathan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Leviathan restored 6% of its health.
---
- 23%

- 50%, -2 Attack (normal)

Man I’m getting lucky! He hasn’t caught on yet either, as far as I can tell! I just need to keep lower his attack and letting Life Orb whittle him down. I want to keep Scizor alive for its benefit of Swords Dance and Bullet Punch, so I go to another bulky monster.

Seth Vilo switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
HOMO used Dragon Claw.
Tyranitar lost 48% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
HOMO is buffetted by the sandstorm!
HOMO lost 6% of its health.
---
- 52%, Summoning sand...

- 34%, -2 Attack (normal)

Bwahaha! Didn’t remember Sand Stream until the moment Shoddy registered the turns. Now he’s gunna hurt more! My Tyranitar is a Specs version (for freakin’ Rotom and Zapdos), and I don’t want to get locked in now having seen only two of his team. The time is not yet here to kill Salamence, and Tyranitar isn’t going to be doing it. Back to the Sea Monster.

HOMO used Dragon Claw.
Leviathan lost 27% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
HOMO is buffetted by the sandstorm!
HOMO lost 6% of its health.
Leviathan is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Leviathan lost 6% of its health.
Seth Vilo's Leviathan fainted.
---
- 0%, did his job...

- 18%, -3 Attack

His final act of lowering attack to lowering Salamence’s attack to sub-par. Now I think I have a chance. HOMO’s health is low now, Gyarados is deceased, so I send in Scizor for the quick pick off of the monster.

rilari82: lololololol
Did he finally catch on to my plan, or is he basking in glory?

Mantis of Death used Bullet Punch.
HOMO lost 43% of its health.
rilari82's HOMO fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
63%

- 0%, Finally down!

Finally that terror is over. I severely underestimated my Scizor’s Bullet Punch. I could have possibly killed off Salamence earlier. Oh well. Now, what’s next buddy?

rilari82 switched in FightThePOWA (lvl 100 Breloom ?).

Seth Vilo: That took a lot...
Oh yeah. Him. I figure another Spore is on the way. I need that Scizor awake, and Lucario needs to be conscious too. I go to the last member who I can afford to have asleep.

Seth Vilo switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
FightThePOWA used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 218% of its health.
Seth Vilo's Tyranitar fainted.
FightThePOWA's attack was lowered.
FightThePOWA's defence was lowered.
The sandstorm rages.
FightThePOWA is buffetted by the sandstorm!
FightThePOWA lost 6% of its health.
---
- 0%, Super fainted.

- 94%, locked into Superpower
, -Attack -Defense

Oh. Oops. Having 3 members left, I should have seen that. Well, at least he lowered his attack for me. Lucario will probably still get KO’d, so I go back to Scizor to start to be evil.

FightThePOWA used Superpower.
Mantis of Death lost 43% of its health.
FightThePOWA's attack was lowered.
FightThePOWA's defence was lowered.
Mantis of Death used Swords Dance.
Mantis of Death's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.
FightThePOWA is buffetted by the sandstorm!
FightThePOWA lost 6% of its health.
---
- 26%, Powered up!!

- 88%, -2 Attack and Defense.

Again, that did a lot of damage to poor Scizor. Thank goodness I opted for Leftovers instead of Life Orb. Anyway, it looks like Scizor will lie up to his name, no? Swords Dance + Bullet Bunch + -2 Defense Breloom = :)

FightThePOWA lost 216% of its health.
rilari82's FightThePOWA fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 32% - +2 Attack

- 0%, finally

Bullet… PAAWNCH!! Yippee! That’s two down, 4 to go. Bad odds, kinda. Can Scizor and Lucario do it???

rilari82 switched in TheJoker (lvl 100 Gengar ?).

Well. That’s new. Don’t care. Eat my red fists of doom, little spooky!

TheJoker lost 139% of its health.
rilari82's TheJoker fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 38%, +2 Attack

- 0%, fodder

And through this I continue to heal up. Things are looking good! 2-3, and I have my Scizor! What now that can eat my fists??

rilari82 switched in MyAssBurns (lvl 100 Infernape ?).

Dang it… That actually can take I Bullet Punch, I thought. (48.81% - 57.34% is what it would have taken). None the less, I Bullet Punch anyway, thinking I might wound it a bit for Lucario to take out…

rilari82 switched in AquaBlade11 (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).
AquaBlade11 lost 20% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 44%, +2 Attack

80%

Urk. Now something that can take Bullet Bunches like a pro! I suspect some kind of Substitute variant. I go with Brick Break to attempt a kill.

AquaBlade11 used Substitute.
AquaBlade11 lost 25% of its health.
AquaBlade11 made a substitute!
Mantis of Death used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for AquaBlade11!
AquaBlade11's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 50%, +2 Attack

- 55%, no more Sub

It’s nice when I’m right, but also soooo bad. He’s faster, and wants to substitute down to Petaya boost! I thought of Swords Dance again, but I can’t let him get an Agility Boost. Lucario can come kill it off later if it attacks, so I Brick Break again to prevent Agility.

rilari82 switched in MyAssBurns (lvl 100 Infernape ?).
MyAssBurns lost 100% of its health.
rilari82's MyAssBurns fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 56%, +2 Attack

- 0%, fizzled

Well… that’s a load off my back, I guess… Maybe he was afraid of a Speed tie or something… I’ll never know. Now it’s back to Empoleon I guess to PetayAgility me to oblivion.

rilari82 switched in ThorLion (lvl 100 Jolteon ?).

Shoot. Another thing that resists Bullet Punch. I try a neutral Brick Break on it to attempt to kill it off if it can’t kill me first.

ThorLion used BatonPass.
rilari82 switched in AquaBlade11 (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).
It's super effective!
AquaBlade11 lost 138% of its health.
rilari82's AquaBlade11 fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
- 62%, +2 Attack

- 0%, Fainted

Gosh I’m freakin’ lucky. Now that’s down! Jolteon left!

rilari82 switched in ThorLion (lvl 100 Jolteon ?).

Now I Brick Break again. Then it dawns on me, why bother? I have a Lucario with Extremespeed. It may not KO now, but I might as well do as much as possible now while Scizor’s alive. I quickly hit Cancel, and change the move to Bullet Punch. Not a moment too soon either!

ThorLion lost 62% of its health.
ThorLion used Thunderbolt.
A critical hit!
Mantis of Death lost 163% of its health.
Seth Vilo's Mantis of Death fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
ThorLion is buffetted by the sandstorm!
ThorLion lost 6% of its health.
---
- 0%, rein of terror over...

- 42%

Again I underestimate the Power of Bullet Punch. Even on a resist, that move delt well over half! However, I’m glad I underestimated earlier with the two lucky Brick Breaks. Scizor’s down, Lucario’s next, and I have this game unless Jolteon goes nuts on me.

Seth Vilo switched in Anubis (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Anubis used Extremespeed.
ThorLion lost 57% of its health.
rilari82's ThorLion fainted.
Seth Vilo wins!
- 100%

- 0%

Sigh of relief after a battle I thought I’d lose.

Seth Vilo: Good game!
rilari82: BEST BATTLE EVER
rilari82: I WILL SAVE THAT LOG
rilari82: gg
Rilari82's Team (in order of appearance):

Props:
*Scizor for being a beast, as per usual.
*His Salamence for taking advantage of my Gyarados’ nap and almost sweeping my team!
*Gyarados for Intimidate.
*Him for saving things that could screw Scizor for later on.
*Breloom for being a gutsy lead.
*Rilari82 for a great game and allowing me to test this team out more!
*Priority moves…

Slops:
*Me for letting him set up that Salamence!!!
*Odd switching near the end on his side.
*Gengar (both of em’) and Tyranitar for being mere fodder.
*Heatran for doing nothing as well…

Hope this was entertaining for you all! I found to to be a great battle, so I wrote it down in my first warstory! Yippee! I'm getting the hang of this stuff!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Edit: Actually having reread it your commentry was pretty good, it's just the fact that you had a bad first half of the match (you actually did pretty well second half) + a crap opp just made it a bad battle to warstory.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
The commentary wasnt bad but half the battle was you getting swept by a Salamence, and he could have really swept you if he took the liberty of getting more DDs into the thing that wouldnt have touched it (Gyarados).

Then its you doing a Scizor sweep and him playing horribly. Baton Passing, switching, letting Infernape die...

Sorry but it wasnt a good battle

I have to agree with Rey, accept for the fact that the commentary "wasn't bad," because in all honestly I think it was..

And the way you have the font set up it just way too big and made things looked clumped up.

1/5, sorry. Just learn from other stories and try again though. :toast:

As for a battle, it was pretty entertaining, but the commentary was good. I liked it, you have potential. As Vash said, learn from other stories to keep getting better!

I don't mean to offend you or anything but your "genius plan" of using intimidate and switching to decrease the effectiveness of a DD'ed pokemon is a really common idea. You missed the especially lovely part of the strategy where you can take mence out with bullet punch off scizor ( upon absorbing a dragon claw) instead of switching around and losing extra pokemon and taking extra damage.

And I don't really think your opponent planned to win anyway...

You really didn't play very well, but your opponent played worse. Bringing in Gengar into a +2 attack Scizor?

He let his pokemon die for nothing. Terrible battle, sorry.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This hasn't been too successful then. I'll lock it down as all I can see coming out of it is further criticism.

Don't be disheartened though because, like a few people have said, your commentary wasn't shabby. I've seen worse first tries, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)