Seperate RMT sub-forums for different tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
When looking specifically for UU (or Uber, I guess) teams to rate, it can be a pain finding them at the moment. Seeing as very few players are really experienced enough to rate properly across all tiers, I think that using sub-forums to split up teams for each tier would be beneficial for most raters.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If not knowing the tier of a team is really an issue for rates perhaps the recommendation that tier be placed in the title should be made into a requirement. It would serve the same purpose and not require sub-forum sprawl.

This is a pretty good idea. Currently, even really good Ubers teams often end up going straight to the third/fourth page without a single rate, seeing as there's barely any regular Ubers raters and a huge amount of OU teams get posted each day.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mingot, most people already put the tier in their title if it's not an OU team. It's even in the RMT rules currently (though obviously none of us enforce it as a rule lol).

It's not a terrible idea, but I'd want to know the average daily traffic of non-OU teams before I actually think about it. That would help me get an idea if a sub-forum is even necessary. I'll have to figure that out before I even consider the idea since this is essentially a traffic based question.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
To be quite honest I think this is a great idea. Seeing as Rate My Team now has its own forum I don't see why this wouldn't be a good idea. Of course, like Caelum just mentioned, we would need to see how many non-OU teams are posted daily, because honestly there is are a one or two uber teams posted every week. Still a good idea though.

Wouldn't this idea also help the people that attempt to find an RMT to be featured in The Smog or the RMT Archive? It would be easier to find a tier they want the RMT to be from, and they can easily decide what tier they're going to choose and can start looking for a decent one.

I think this would be a little too broad to be reasonable. The one thing that is overlooked here is that there's more than just OU, UU, and Uber RMTs. People post NU, VGC, Aussie connection(?), Battle Tower, special (local) tournament teams, all kinds of jazz. It's going to have be more than 3 subforums, and I personally don't think it's a good idea to have a large amount of Subforums, especially when some will have little traffic. I don't like the idea of 3 + a 'miscellaneous' subforum either.

Veedrock, I don't think it would be at all necesarry to have a subforum for every type of RMT, there could simply be one for OU teams, and one for Ubers, UU, NU, VGC, whatever. The only real problem at the moment is that the huge amount of OU teams mean that the other types of team are often sent to the third or fourth page without any rates.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I think this would be a little too broad to be reasonable. The one thing that is overlooked here is that there's more than just OU, UU, and Uber RMTs. People post NU, VGC, Aussie connection(?), Battle Tower, special (local) tournament teams, all kinds of jazz. It's going to have be more than 3 subforums, and I personally don't think it's a good idea to have a large amount of Subforums, especially when some will have little traffic. I don't like the idea of 3 + a 'miscellaneous' subforum either.

I think the best idea would be to have a sub-forum for OU teams and then have another sub-forum for UU and Uber teams (UU and Uber don't need individual forums as there are barely any uber teams). After that you could have a sub-forum for anything else that doesn't fall into OU, UU or Uber such as VGC and NU.

It's not a terrible idea, but I'd want to know the average daily traffic of non-OU teams before I actually think about it. That would help me get an idea if a sub-forum is even necessary. I'll have to figure that out before I even consider the idea since this is essentially a traffic based question.
I was much too lazy to work out an actual daily average, as it's not particularly practical going through all the individual RMTs to work out how many are posted each day. However, I skimmed through the last 10 pages of the RMT subforum, and roughly tallied up how many there were for each tier.

OU: 128
UU: 22
Uber: 9
Doubles: 2
NU: 2
VGC: 2
Battle Tower: 1

That was ignoring poorly presented threads, locked topics, mono-teams and anything else that didn't make it relatively clear which environment it was designed for. Personally, I think that having OU, UU and Uber subforums would be neatest and most practical, with another one for all the other miscellaneous stuff. A NU forum might be needed when there's actually a ladder going. I can see that locopoke's suggestion makes sense though, as a combined Uber/UU subforum wouldn't be too cluttered and there really aren't many Uber teams.

I think this is a great idea.

Uber teams never get any attention because most people are not interested in Ubers.

This is great for the more experienced battlers.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would just like to add that CAP teams may as well be included in the "non OU" forum if this were to happen.
There aren't enough CAP teams to warrant their exclusion from the CAP forum. I would actually prefer if CAP teams stayed in the CAP forum where they would actually receive attention.

I like the idea of OU, UU+Uber, and then Misc or whatever. I know I've posted teams for non-OU and they get buried really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)