What was the worst damage inflicted upon any of your games, by yourself or anyone?

Some of these stories are amazing. I've taken an axe to an already broken GameBoy, and smashed many discs of random crappy games. Nothing much of value though.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
A DS thrown against the wall by my mom (the fat model), broke one of the hinges. Still works, but the top screen is loose, so I don't use it.

Other than that: cracks in my old N64, forget how they got there though. It stopped working a year or two ago (picture was messed up whenever I tried to play it), replaced it.

One of my DS Lites (a black one): The L & R shoulder buttons no longer work unless I repeatedly press down on them extremely hard, but I still use the fat DS if I need either or both of them.

Come to think of it, none of my games or systems have ever really had anything happen to them, except for those 3. My copy of Pokemon Silver stopped working, but that was through no fault of my own (it was the battery.) I've taken very good care of all of my systems since the NES, so every single one of them still works as if they were bought new.

Wow, crazy stories. I've never had anything actually break, but my brother erased some of my save files when he was little. One of the games he erased was Pokemon Yellow and I remember hating him for weeks, haha.

I've had numerous games corrupt, though. It's gotten to the point where my family jokes about me corrupting games by touching them, heh.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
the top screen came de-attached from the bottom on my ds. The cord was still connected so it worked for a while.

my DS broke at the right shoulder button. sucks. the top screen actually can come completely off now...i had to invest in an old clunky ds original post haste...

When I was 14 my final fantasy nine save corrupted and I was really pissed, didn't touch the game for 6 years.

When I touched it again I ran it on PSX emulator and the save fucking corrupted again in pretty much the same spot. Kind of irrelevant but this'll be the only FF game I've never beaten!

Haha, I'm also remembering my dearly beloved third GBASP - my teacher confiscated it in an R.S. lesson he was covering (he being a rather miserable but highly likable chemistry teacher).. it came back, wouldn't charge, so I smashed it open out of sheer curiosity to see what was inside one. The fact the inside was slightly damp and stank of coffee gave away what happened to it in the staff room, rather.

Wow, this thread is pretty win.

Hmm...I have lost 2 Original gameboys, one from me being 8 and dropping it in the toilet(ouch), and the other one was taken by my sister and used in some sort of odd manner, anyways I found it soaking wet outside the next day.

Anyone remember the gameboy pocket? Yeah, well that was easily the coolest model ever! Mine was green, and unfortunately I lost it at a mcdonalds when I was pry 6 or so.

I have lost 1 Gameboy color, left it in the walmart cart.

Also lost 4 GBA, silver,white,clear, and I think another silver. I pretty much lost every single one, well...one of them was smashed by my stepdad, with came with a free slam a 10 year old across each wall of the house and curse him out(wasn't great, my whole body was brusied)

Lost about 2 GBASP, but who cares, they sucked anyways, jk. The first one was chewed up by my golden retriever "lucky", who wasn't so lucky after that. The second GBASP, a shiny red one, was stolen by my friend, who eventually gave it back 3 years later.

I have purchased 3 Nintendo DS, so far my hinges have broke and the piece of shit looks like dirt, since it's the polar white one, and I sweat when I have no continues and need to beat the final boss on TWEWY lol.
I gave one to my sister and the other one...lost it apparantly.

None of my game systems have ever broke though, except i just got the Red ring of death .-...I literally screamed nooooooo and punched the wall...yeah my knuckles are smashed and bruised, and there's a huge hole in my wall right now..

flipped out against some friends in ssb and pulled my wii off a desk.

didnt brake... but i was pissed.

Dropped my Gameboy pocket in the toilet while playing it when I was younger. It was the best place to play it too!
The gameboy was fine, but the pokemon Red got wickedly glitched, it was really fun as I remember.

Had a pokemon pikachu pedometer thingy, left that in the microwave by accident when I went to heat up a glass of milk. Haha, wasn't allowed to use the microwave for years after that. Nonetheless, the mug shattered, pedometer arched, fucked the microwave. Good times.

And I think I dropped a gameboy game out of a moving vehicle, it was a shit game that I didn't even like anyway, well I mustn't have as I can't remember its name.

Ah, sweet, sweet child hood.

I broke my Gameboy Pocket when I was little, I was playing a Megaman game and made it to the final boss; he only needed one more shot left to be dead, unfortunately, so did I, we both shot I got hit first, died and smashed the screen off my knee. Needless to say, mom wasn't to impressed, nor my aunt who got it for me. xD

Had a pokemon pikachu pedometer thingy, left that in the microwave by accident
Wow. that is, if you were being serious about all of those things.

I've ripped the c-stick top off of my first GC controller because of brawl, it still works but it's just a little painful to use now.

I also made the back screw on the bottom left of my first PS2 controller pop out which makes it hard as hell to use. I did this my slamming it against the ground repeatedly. Fucking defensive backs in football games are retarded. I've channeled my rage away from violent motions into quiet screaming or sitting there wishing that there was a more effective way for a human to express themselves (I feel at lot like those guys in that commercial that says never buy a bad game again. I think it's a gamefly commercial).

I was playing battle frontier in Pearl, I can't remember exactly what number trainer I was on again, but it was really close to the second time you fight Palmer (I think, I never played it again on Pearl after this). Anyway, the trainer's last Pokemon was a Kingler.

Quick claw activated three times in a row. Kingler used guillotine three times in a row. Guillotine hit 3 times in a row.

Loosing in battle tower is notoriously infuriating, but perhaps if I had been swept by a DD Gyarados or something, I could have forgiven it and altered my team. This however, was simply cheap. Not skill based, but luck based. I am not certain, but I believe that the chance of that Kingler sweep succeeding was approximately 27 in 8 000 000. This is blatantly unfair: there is no way you can reasonably predict and prepare for this.

I ... threw the DS. I'd been beaten by annoying unlucky breaks on the AI's side before, and I don't normally have tantrums with computer games, even with the infamously difficult "ex-Japanese-recently-translated-remake", where a slight mistake (or not even a mistake) you made two hours ago can result in getting horriby and hopelessly destroyed, but this was a little too much.

Thankfully, I was able to control myself sufficienty to throw it at a sofa, rather than the wall, which would have been more satisfying, albiet somewhat more permanent. The touch screen stopped working for some reason, but happily about four months later it started working again. I have no idea why.

If your temper is explosive, please don't ever try to beat the Battle Tower. You WILL destroy something eventually.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
If your temper is explosive, please don't ever try to beat the Battle Tower. You WILL destroy something eventually.
i guess jumpman throws like a girl cause his ds didnt seem to break.

that worst thats happened to me would be my cat puking on my ddr mat. easily fixed by wiping it off but took me like 5 minutes of gaging trying to get it clean.

I dismantled a broken GC controller with a screwdriver. I was 10, what do you expect? It was one of those Nyko ones so no harm done.
Oh yeah, ive broken about 3 SNES and 5 GCN controllers by just normal use (like all but 1 werent made by nintendo)
And my little brother stepped on my DS lite and now it wont turn on :/

This is a tough one. =\

Back in the day, I used to have 2 Gameboy Advanced systems. I got bored one day, so I took the game cartridge out and decided to play "self-catch" with my GBA. That got boring. So I started walking around in the mall playing self-catch with my GBA. I missed a "Wet Floor Sign", walked straight unto a puddle, slipped, fell on my back, and due to human instincts, I let go of my GBA to place my hands on the floor in an attempt to balance myself. The GBA flew in the air, fell one story down and was completley shattered.

A bit in depth, but you get the picture. It was a tie between that and the time my mom threw my other GBA on the ground. It was still playable, but you can bet it looked hideous. The L or R button was chipped off. =(

I threw my controller while playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Anyone who has played the game understands.

I also threw a faulty memory card that held all of my Gamecube games' memory for years on it when it suddenly became "corrupt, and must be formatted". Formatted in this case meaning erase all the memory on it. Thereby throwing such a device being the surefire way to ensure the data can be recovered.

I had Pixy Stix in the same bag as my games once. Did some research and found out how to restore them, but that was a pain.

Every portable system I've ever had from my GBA up has had it's L button malfunction. I found out that this is because of the way I put the systems in my pocket, jamming the lint on the contacts of the buttons, preventing the signal from getting to where it needed to go. Thankfully I looked this up and I learned that if you form a seal on your L or R button with your lips and blow hard you can make the buttons work again! I didn't believe it when I heard it, but it works.

Ehh, i was very stupid like 8 years ago... I was playing Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Color. I was showing my friends how awesome pokemon i had and that i had a complete pokedex. After that, i left my Gameboy Color on the Garden's Table because both my mom and dad went to the Supermarket, so i couldn't go inside. We went playing football until we saw that the clouds were black and it started to rain. So we ran to our houses, and i ran to the front door. My mom and dad were back, and i was saved from the rain. But my Gameboy Color wasn't!! I completely forgot that thing. I realized that the next day. So i immidiately checked if it was still alive, and it was :O It was raining a lot and heavily, and it still worked. There was water in the screen, in the cartdridge, everywhere basically. So i shaked my Gameboy Color to remove all water, and it worked. It still lives!!

I got very lucky lol.

Wait I remember...
my older brother threw away my Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2 because he could never win on either of them >_>

I got sand in my Gameboy Advanced SP, so sometimes it would freeze, but turning it off/on usually fixed it.

I dropped my PS1 and it broke, so my dad got a new one. And that's about it.

I threw my controller while playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Anyone who has played the game understands.
I've beaten that game, but I have no idea what you're talking about (although it's been a long time since I've played). I think that's one of the few games where I HAVEN'T thrown the controller at all.

Also, I just feel like saying that I've treated my SNES controllers the same way I did all those other things I listed before, and yet have not once had anything happen to them or the system. They all work perfectly, and this is the original model system and controllers, not the newer streamlined-looking ones. All of my games still work perfectly too, all the way back to Pokemon Red and Blue, which I got when they first came out; not a single dead battery. The only thing that's happened is that the "internal clock" needs to be resetted when I don't play games such as Pokemon G/S/C for a long time, but that just needs the time and day to be re-inputted; the actual save file is usually still intact.

I lost my Pokemon Yellow once in like December.
That April when the snow finally melted I found it... in the parking lot at the apartment complex I lived in at the time.
Not only did it work, but my save files were still there :D

My DS' hinges broke, like everyone else. When I read up on it I discovered it was just a flaw in the design and you could basically send it to nintendo for a free repair. I've also had a Wii and a Gamecube break, both from tripped cords (damn Nintendo's short corded controllers).

And whoever says nintendo controllers are invulnerable, I've worn the shit out of the joystick on like 10 controllers between gamecube and N64 from regular play.

Oh, also I bought an SP for my first girlfriend and her butter-troll 12 year old sister stepped on it, shattering the screen.

This isn't video game related, but when my brothers and I outgrew the power ranger fad, we celebrated our collective manhood by throwing each of our power ranger action figures at a concrete wall in our basement, exploding them into dozens of pieces each.

I've generally had little problems, the battery covers, the hinges often fell off when I was around. My DS fell off a desk and the plastic on a hinge fell off, is workable otherwise. My DS Lite decided to crack and then one day the top screen went completely blank.

I have a terrible habit of losing games as well. Lost a whole batch of DS games once (no idea where or when) and a copy of Pokemon Sapphire.

I have no continues and need to beat the final boss on TWEWY lol.
Does not compute. You get infinite continues in that game, I know from experience. Sister's a HUGE TWEWY fan.

More on topic, I've screwed up a N64 control stick by rotating with my palm (man, you blister-getters are doing something wrong, I came out of Mario Party unharmed). I now hate anything that requires fast control stick rotation, as I'm paranoid I'll kill more sticks.

Sister somehow busted a GameCube control stick, no idea how she managed it. Strangely, I remember EXACTLY what she was playing at the time (SSBM, Giant DK vs Giant Bowser event).

Finally, somehow cracked the top screen of my first DS. It's now just a glorified GBA.

Holy crap, I just realised I've wrecked Nintendium.

My brother slammed a Game cube controller after losing in Mario Kart GBA on the game boy player.

My originall DS has a broken hinge, has fallen out of my pocket several times, and is scratched and chipped in many places and still works. Not sure how though.

And that's pretty much it. If I get angry I just yell at the tv or at my brother and take my anger out on him. I don't really throw stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)