DotA

O damn they removed the Batrider Radiance bug, was abusing in GG (200 damage per second (Firefly + napalm + radiance) was crazy).

For beginners:

Str: Start with Leoric. Hard to kill, easy to master, skills are easy to use. Defination of easy hero.

Agi: Start with Bone Fletcher for range, as he has an escaping skill. I wouldn't recommend Sniper at all, he's really on the weak side. Troll is a much better alternative, still easy to use, still have to be aware of your surroundings, and much more effective later on.

Int: Warlock's the best bet, but Lich is easy to use as well.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dusa isn't bad at all, she's just a more defensive hero now. If you make her a tank, she basically lives forever, since Stone Gaze is the ultimate anti-chase spell. She can also slow to gain mobility for the team in a big teambattle. Mystic Snake deals great damage, and Mana Shield makes her an amazing maintank and offDPS.

Dusa isn't bad at all, she's just a more defensive hero now. If you make her a tank, she basically lives forever, since Stone Gaze is the ultimate anti-chase spell. She can also slow to gain mobility for the team in a big teambattle. Mystic Snake deals great damage, and Mana Shield makes her an amazing maintank and offDPS.
That Mystic Snake has got to be the /most/ annoying spell early game.

I hate to say it, but my favorite, the Shadow Shaman, seems to be getting worse and worse with each new version. :'(

I hate to say it, but my favorite, the Shadow Shaman, seems to be getting worse and worse with each new version. :'(
Rhasta was pretty rigged for awhile though, however I don't understand the reasoning for lowering the cooldown for hex (both for Rhasta and Lion).

Interesting you should mention that as I've been thinking about the dropping number of Rhastas played. I haven't noticed very many at all in fact. Maybe people just realized that shackles is channeling? I don't know. But I will say that Rhasta can be an extremely effective hero, even though all of his tricks are very old. There's a reason most teams focus Rhasta in fights. Or used to. I don't really know anymore.

The first hero that I had any luck with streaks (occasionally godlike!) was Yurnero. I'm still quite new to the game, only having played for about a month or so.
I usually start out with Boots and a set of Tangoes. I find the increased move speed really helps me land a firstblood with my Bladefury. Then I buy Ring of Health next, and go for Battle Fury and Boots of Travel as my core items. It might be just me, but I find the regen that BFury provides to be quite useful. I usually can get S&Y by the start of end-game if my team isn't messing up or anything.
I'm still a bit confused as to how to play Yurnero in the end-game phase. Any tips from experienced players?

The big change you'll make for Yunero from early/mid to end-game play will be no longer using blade fury in battles. You'll be doing enough damage through your dps that you don't need to use it. Instead, blade fury becomes used just for the magic immunity. There's some spells that it breaks immediately (e.g. frost bite), but for the most part you'll be using it in combination with TP scrolls to run away from ganks. It's very frustrating when you try to gank a Yunero only to have him go magic immune and TP away. Keep in mind that ultimates will still go through your immunity.

I'm personally not a big fan of battlefury on Yunero. He doesn't need the cleave; he already has a great farming skill. The cleave will also barely help his ultimate until quite late in the game; cleave is only active on regular hits procd between omnislashes, which are dependent on aspd. Battlefury will not help his aspd, so he will have very few extra slashes, so the cleave wont really help. He's pretty damn frail, so I would much prefer something that gave him EHP to recovery; if you're tanking shit with a Yunero you need to rethink things. And he really doesn't need mana recovery outside the early game in the least. Healing ward will be used only very occasionally (probably < 5 times a game), and blade fury for the occasional escape (followed by fountain trip) or neut farming. He's not going out and spamming shit.

The damage is nice, but I prefer agi+ items to dmg+ items on Yunero because the agi+ both helps his damage and increases the likelihood of extra slashes on his ulti.

p.s. I have absolutely no problem with Rhasta/Lion/Bane getting nerfed. Heroes shouldn't have two complete disables. Especially not two non-ultimate complete disables.

Bane got nerfed?
But really, I feel Bane has some trouble after mid game when big team battles are happening more often. However, I can see what you mean. Nightmare gives an extra like 4-7 seconds for an ally to waltz over and begin the real gank.

What build would you recommend for Yurnero then? The cleave imo makes farming a whole lot faster without having to use bladefury. Bfury also provides HP regen as well.

I'll usually go (only items i will keep included)

boots
wraith
wraith
phase boots / bot (no collision and inc. movespeed happen to work quite well with bladefury!)
s&y
bfly
w/e

s&y: 4500g
+16 agi
+16 str
+12 dmg
+15% aspd
+15% maim
+12% mspd

bfury: 4350g
+65dmg
+6hp/s regen
+100% mana regen
+cleave

I don't think cleave is particularly useful on yunero (for the reasons in the above post). Bfury gives 65 damage to S&Y's 28, but S&Y is also giving aspd, aspd through agi, hp through str, and increased mspd which is quite nice if you rush it while you're still early enough for bladefury to be useful. And I really do think that Yunero MUCH prefers a little extra HP to a little extra recovery.

Lots of people like battlefuries on their yuneros; it's not an abysmal choice. Personally, I just don't like it except on heroes who it works absolutely perfect with (a la pirate).

Bane got nerfed? Pretty sure he's still imba (drains mana with Grip and Ags increases damage). Also, if you want regen for Jugg, just get a bottle (especially if you're jungling).

Bane got nerfed? Pretty sure he's still imba (drains mana with Grip and Ags increases damage). Also, if you want regen for Jugg, just get a bottle (especially if you're jungling).
He is pretty imba. I had one on my team and he pretty much solo'd the other team.

I hate the Batrider. His ulti is like the #1 gank spell.

A bit late post, but I don't think SnY is beneficial on Yurnero, or on any heroes for that matter, 4500 gold for such small bonuses is not worth it, other than the +15% movespeed, but if you really need that, then it's better to upgrade Yasha into Manta rather than getting SnY.
Either way if someone does get SnY for Yurnero, getting it at the start of end-game is a failure, as SnY is a mid-game item.

I most of the time end up with Battle Fury, Boots Of Travel, Butterfly, and then the luxury item is either Aghanim, Satanic, Desolator, Cuirass or MKB, depending on the current situation. Armlet can work nicely as well if you know how to use it properly.

But lately when I play Yurnero I've started using a novelty build I've seen someone use, which involves rushing Skadi (for mana purposes; Guinsoo could work too but I prefer the extra hp and agi) after Perseverance, then upgrading Perseverance into Refresher Orb instead of into Battle Fury. May seem like a very expensive and a quite insane item build, but it pays off really well and it can actually be farmed up most of the time rather easily. If game drags on, I get BFly.

/bump

I'm wondering if anybody patched. From what I understand, 61b was completely non-functional with the new patch, and 61c still has some issues. On GGC everybody appears to still be completely 1.23 and .61b.

I guess this is a good time for all you people who play on battle.net to unpatch (which will be a pain in the ass unless you thought ahead) and join garena already.

OH AND ALSO: maximum map size in 1.24 raised to 8mb from the current 4.

Just imagine what he of the ridiculously shrunk and optimized code can fit in 8mb. For example, the size cap was one of the chief arguments against the inclusion of that OMG mode, where heroes receive random abilities.

Nate: Malaysia still freaking uses 1.21 patch for GGC><
Anyway i doubt GGC players will be patching to 1.24 anytime soon, as the saying goes if it works don't change it... so don't bother patching for now.

I haven't had any problems with 6.61c so far. Garena seems like it only works on Windows anyways, which makes it pointless for me right now.

Also, playing 6.59d once or twice made me realize that I don't like the new Razor at all. His ultimate is terrible (like a much, much worse Diabolic Edict) and Static Link is pretty crappy since it requires time to build up to any usefulness and can be broken really easily. The Razor that was in the beta but never made it to an actual version (the one that Purged on Chain Lightning cast, had Storm's old Electric Rave instead of Frenzy, and Storm Seeker as a regular skill that activated every 4 attacks) was amazing, I wanted to try him out.

But it IS broke. 1.23a and earlier all have hash problems. People were able to make small but extremely significant changes to the map and come up with the same hash, allowing the instakill impales and imba damage illusory orbs. And now it comes out that 1.23b and earlier can have code embedded within the map executed through some functions of the jass engine, essentially allowing you to get a virus via a custom map. The only reason Malaysia is able to still use 1.21 is because of the plethora of internet cafes. Viruses? Not my problem.

The new Razor is much stronger than the old one, as it can farm much faster and static link is much better than it seems. The only problem with it is it lost its laning capability (solo or dual lane), and maybe if the ult hit the lowest % HP and not the lowest HP overall, it wouldn't hit full HP creeps half the time. =/

I will not let this thread die. I refuse.

Anyways, I played jugg for probably the first time in a month today, and I remembered this thread and the earlier conversation we had had about items. I wasn't playing with anybody I knew or in any sort of competitive match (which I think is generally true for the most of you), so I didn't trust anybody else on my team to be competent, especially at carrying.

Ran treads over phase boots, which is definitely much less immediately aggressive, and didn't farm particularly well. Anyways, for the guy who was asking for advice earlier and the people pumping bfury/skadi (.......) this is how feasible and effective s&y build is. In 22 minutes, without sitting idly in the corner creeping and avoiding conflict, I've got treads, 3x wraiths, s&y.

S&Y is a lot like gg branches. They're not game breaking; you don't grab one and become suddenly imba. They do, however, simply provide great value for the money. Game's over in under 30 mins. Enjoy

http://www.dotaparser.com/index.php/replay/download/88073/

xD

Add me! Garena RandomSeed / Snow.Leopard / NNEM (right now the former mostly)

I've only been pubbing since I left my beijing lan clan, but if you have a group you play with I'm sure I could shake some rust off.

Ew you play Garena (I would assume you have an illegitimate cd-key). If you have a real one, Garena will never make you better. =[

Anyways, if anyone is interested, here's a replay of a game I last played (TDA). It was extremely frustrating because our team easily had the better matchup and my teammates were all doing bad (i.e. DP dying alot, Sniper being lvl 10 with no items for like 5 mins). I play as Magnus...I wish I could find a better replay, but stupid DA's replay section doesn't work and had like a million replays.

http://www.dotaparser.com/index.php/replay/view/88305/

Nah I got a real cd-key. I've always found that the skill lvl on Euro HLR1 was a lot better than that of TDA. It does take a while to get there, but it always made sense for me. I joined Garena back before all the hosting solutions for BNet had been developed (even before LC), so the fact of the matter then was GGC was the only place without lag. Even the Euro rooms were less lag than bnet. By the time BNet caught up, I was playing in Euro1.

If I were to rate all the different places I had (at one time or another) played by level of play, it would probably look like the following

-B.Net pub
-Garena pub
-TDA
-DL SIG
-Garena HLR1
-DL VIP
-DXDin
-inhouses
-DXDi
-matches/tournaments

I wish I had gotten into the old IHCS before it closed down. I wish that DXD was actually running! I wish that by the time the next big NA league opens up I had a comp. replay that wasn't version 1.20. :( I need to join a team.

Anyways, my BNet account has definitely lapsed right now (haven't logged on in years), so I would need to get safelisted again for TDA.

Erm, question, how's the connection like playing GG with other countries? I'm getting sick of the attitudes of Malaysian people, so i'm wondering about the delay... (Trust me... majority of Malaysians are either horrible or sore losers...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)