HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that Platinum's level 100 Magikarps top all.

I mean, seriously, goddamn. You'd think they'd have worked out how to evolve by that point.

I wonder how the release of hg/ss will effect anime? Well fr and lg didn't so I spose hg/ss won't, apart from the 13th movie being about ho-oh and lugia.

In Diamond and Pearl, you can catch lv. 4 Kirlia with the Pokeradar. Top that.
In RB and therefore FR/LG, Lv3 Electrode by catching a Lv3 Pikachu, evolving it and then doing the in-game trade for Electrode. On a related note, Red/Blue's rival battle in the Pokemon Tower, where he somehow has a Hydro Pump Gyarados at around Lv22.

Redpebbles, I seriously doubt the rival will change his team, with the possible exception of evolving his Magneton and Sneasel. As for your comment on the rival's parents, 1. There's no real reason for Giovanni to find a girl from Team Rocket, and 2. You're not the first person to joke about Mars (around 6:40 in the video).

The new one is better imo.

Old one is chubby, has dirty overgrown hair and wears tacky horrible clothes. A manky fleece, jogging bottoms and cheesy boots that wouldn't look out of place on an overweight 11-year-old douchebag. Silver is more of a loner goth kid than a playground arsehole.

In RB and therefore FR/LG, Lv3 Electrode by catching a Lv3 Pikachu, evolving it and then doing the in-game trade for Electrode. On a related note, Red/Blue's rival battle in the Pokemon Tower, where he somehow has a Hydro Pump Gyarados at around Lv22.

Redpebbles, I seriously doubt the rival will change his team, with the possible exception of evolving his Magneton and Sneasel. As for your comment on the rival's parents, 1. There's no real reason for Giovanni to find a girl from Team Rocket, and 2. You're not the first person to joke about Mars (around 6:40 in the video).
Wow, Giovanni's a pedophile who fucked Mars when she was (I guess) like 14 (She seems very young @ DPPt)

Lorelei for Silver's mother, anyone? :3

I agree with Zog, let's remember Silver even stole some pokemon (Sneasel I guess) (from the shuckle guy)

He's BAAAAAAAAAD =0

Old rival looked like a douche... just saying.
Actually that's why I like the old one better. He is supposed to be a douche. He stole his starter pokemon. I don't like the new rival because he doesn't look like a douche. He looks to sophisticated or something... of course, this is just my opinion.

Guys, characters don't look chunky like that anymore and haven't since Gen III. Look at what happened to Gold in HGSS (who was mostly for the better, except the capris/long shorts).

Actually that's why I like the old one better. He is supposed to be a douche. He stole his starter pokemon. I don't like the new rival because he doesn't look like a douche. He looks to sophisticated or something... of course, this is just my opinion.
I guess. They couldn't have made him a little more normal, though? Look at Cyrus. He is supposed to be a "bad" guy and he looks normal. Same with Giovanni. Then again, we haven't had an evil rival since GSC...

I guess. They couldn't have made him a little more normal, though? Look at Cyrus. He is supposed to be a "bad" guy and he looks normal. Same with Giovanni. Then again, we haven't had an evil rival since GSC...
Look at the Sugimori art for Cyrus. He took this face :| to a whole other level.

Giovanni was an Italian mafia like boss.

Cyrus doesn't want any strife, and he knows that without strife, come no emotion. So he isn't showing any emotion.

Yes I know who Giovanni is.
My point being that Cyrus indeed looks quite evil. I'm staring at his official art as I type this and the lines on his cheeks, his straight eyebrows and his mouth (looks more like a frown than indifferent) clearly indicate evil. As for Giovanni, I assumed you knew who he was. I was just pointing out why he wasn't designed to look "evil".

I miss it too.
I do hope his pokemon are revamped, every pokemon on his team were weak to ground or rock exept the starter (unless you chose Chickorita(for some reason)) and kadabra/alakazam

New rival looks good, same with Gold and everyone in Fr/Lg got new art too.

Not only the "old rival" looks chubby and with tacky clothing, Red, Green and everyone before Ru/Sa had that type of art.

As for Silver's mother it's a mystery like Red's father. Most heroes doesn't even get a father if you think about it, only Ruby/Sapphire got one which was Norman the gym leader...

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As for Silver's mother it's a mystery like Red's father. Most heroes doesn't even get a father if you think about it, only Ruby/Sapphire got one which was Norman the gym leader...
Wow I just realized he was named Norman because uses Normal types*smacks forehead*. Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the new rival art and to me he seems more sinister than in the old art.

I miss it too.
I do hope his pokemon are revamped, every pokemon on his team were weak to ground or rock exept the starter (unless you chose Chickorita(for some reason)) and kadabra/alakazam
Where there that many Ground-types to choose from in Johto though? I don't remember at all, since it's been years since I've played.

And I agree that the old rival was better. The new one just doesn't look like as much of a jerk...
I think it's the face if anything. He looks more emo than threatening/rival-ish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)