What's your favourite lead?

So lately i've been testing quite a few leads, because I don't like suicide leads as it's basically SR and die. I've been using a ScarfMence as my lead for a couple weeks now, with Draco/Fireblast/Hydropump/HPGrass. The only one of the top 10 OU leads it can't beat out 10/10 times is Swampert if it survives HP Grass. It 2HKO's all other leads and OHKO's a few if they don't have Sash. Anyway, i just wanted to know what other people prefer as a lead, suicide, anti-lead, attacking, bulky?

^^^^ The accuracy is pretty damn shaky for some of those moves.

I've been using Empoleon

Empoleon @ Shucca Berry
Torrent
52 Def/104 Atk/100 Spd/252 SpA
Rash
-Stealth Rock
-Surf
-Aqua Jet
-Grass Knot

Extremely effective against all top 10 leads. Metagross is capable of being annoying but oh well.

I'll probably try Hydro Pump over Surf sometime though.

In the past I've used a lot of bulky leads with SR like Shuckle*, Cloyster and Forretress. Although recently I've been enjoying a lead Crobat with Brave Bird, U-Turn, Taunt and Haze. Stops SR from pretty much everything except Aerodactyl when I lose the speed tie (there's a tie there right?). U-Turn hurts Azelf a lot and lets me scout and switch to more appropriate pokemon for whatever the situation. I'll switch to Magnezone if it's Jirachi, for example. U-Turn also takes an amusing 25% or so from Tyranitar.
Haze is for when he comes back later, ruining a cursers day or something like that. I've been enjoying it.

*He's just so cool!

I personally like using Scarfed Jirachi. Iron Head is win with Serene Grace, and Trick cripples things nicely :) A fast U-Turn is also a bonus.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a big fan of Metagross, but running the Stealth Rock set better suits my team than your Choice Scarf would.

I like heatran since its sorta fast and doesn't need the attack slot since FB/EP/Explosion wrecks everything anyway.

Swampert most definitely.

Awesome typing. Awesome defenses. Awesome support moves.

And it can come in late-game to tank against some top threats like Heatran.

Love it.

Ive never used Shuckle personally, but dear god he makes an awesome lead and is very difficult to take down. And if you have Ttar, it makes it even harder! Swampert, Jirachi, and Clefable are all excellent leads for the many different support options they have. Swampert has good bulk all around and good typing and often gets SR up and takes out the opposing leads - he does the best against most of the commone leads today <3. Jirachi is good because of the ability to spread paralysis and flinch early on, letting you wear down your opponent. Clefable is just really annoying. Paralysis first turn, encore second, and Paralysis third turn or set up stealth rock. Absolutely dreadful.

Non-Scarfed Jirachi. He spreads paralysis among the opponenets team early on and will obviously set up SR. Fake Out Infernape and Magnezone kill this though.

Lopunny. It just fucks with everything so bad. Klutz is probably one of the most awesome abilities in the game, and it has my favorite move, Encore, and it kicks ass at using it.

recently ive tried an encore, stealth rock, fireblast, closecombat infernape and its been working wonders for me.

The leads I like using are mainly dependent on what team I use. On my parastall team, I used trickscarf Jirachi, as it had Serene Grace Body Slam and could trick scarfs onto stuff that I couldn't really deal with.

On my offensive team I enjoy using Rotom-C, as a) it's a brilliant anti-lead that can cause major damage to the opponent and b) my team had no way of dealing with water pokémon.

On my bulky DDnite team I use Swampert, as it doesn't add to the weaknesses the team has and has access to Stealth Rock and is also a useful antilead.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I personally like using Scarfed Jirachi. Iron Head is win with Serene Grace, and Trick cripples things nicely :) A fast U-Turn is also a bonus.
I dislike jirachi leads because to many times I trick an opposing lead and magnezone just comes in and ruins my day. Don't know if its me playing badly and tricking way early or if I should just always uturn out.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Swampert and Azelf are probably my favourite leads. Swampert because its very bulky and grass attacks aren't too common on lead pokemon so its very reliable at getting sr up, can deal with many leads but also play a part later in the game. Azelf because its a nice fast lead at setting up sr, can also utilise taunt and unlike Aerodactyl hurt many of the common leads rather than just setting up sr and thats it.

Dusknoir @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

As of late, I have been using this build of Dusknoir as my lead. It often seems to catch my opponents by surprise and usually ends up taking out their lead at the bare minimum, though it actually tends to wreak quite a bit more havoc than I'd expect.

It's got to be azelf, taunt explosion, stealth rock and stab psychic + base 115 speed is all i need in a lead the high attack and special attack also help.

Before all this LeadGross shit entered the metagamr, Aerodactyl was by far my favorite lead. He outpaces every common lead (bar Ninjask,) gets SR down every time, and can create flinch hax with Rock Slide.

Now that Metagross has joined the lead game, I have enjoyed useing Heatran. He's not terribly fast, buy he is very powerful. I'm almost wondering if I should try him again.

ScarfRachi remains one of my Favorite leads. Iron Head to take out most suicide leads, Trick to screw up set-up pokemon, and provides a decent check for Salamence later in the game if I did not trick.

Right now I am using Azelf on most of my teams, simply because he gets SR down and can work as a semi anti lead with Fire Blast, Explosion, and Taunt.

Scarf Yanmega with tinted lens. It's pretty hilarious when people try to set up stuff like DDGyara just to have it 3HKOed having done nothing. Non-sashes Azelf and Starmie leads do awfully against it too. And strangely, people always try to taunt it. I've even had a couple of encores fired at me rofl. People really don't expect scarf and tinted lens which imo is the best yanmega variant.

Azelf. I do experiment with other things which I have grown to like (Smeargle and Gengar mainly), but Azelf is one of those classic guys that does its job right B)

Porygon2 is my favourite lead to use :) Can't set up any hazards, but can steal your ability, throw Taunts back in your face and spread some early Paralysis for slower, bulky pokemon to make use of.

Azelf has been my personal favourite lead from the beginning of shoddy, although I haven't used him much lately. I believe U-turn is the most crucial move for a lead (more than SR), so leads like Staraptor, Jirachi, Azelf, Infernape are definitely awesome imo.

My favourite pokémon of them all is Swampert, so I tend to use him as a lead. I've been playing around with other bulky SR leads (Metagross, Occa Berry Torterra et al), but I keep returning to Swampert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)