HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important thing about competitive pokemon, is the move tutors. What moves do you think will be as move tutors?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Okay that was 23 posts I've had to delete

One bad link was posted and you all run over it like five year olds on a candy statue. Then y'all followed up with mindless speculation. Please stop it.

The most important thing about competitive pokemon, is the move tutors. What moves do you think will be as move tutors?
Curse and Zap cannon are must have. Headbutt maybe. Dream eater perhaps..

Whirlpool... I dont think anything else.

Of course Curse and Headbutt are the ones that pick my atention.

I think the following moves should be made available via move tutors

flare blitz
zap cannon
tail glow (not nasty plot cuz gengar would learn it <_<)
dragon dance
spikes
Aqua jet
ice shard
extreme speed
soft boiled
tri attack
wish
sismic toss
recover
leaf storm
magma storm
sacred fire
aeroblast
and all of the ones from platinum because then I won't have to have platinum and heart gold lol...

Tail glow would be fantastic for pokees such as glaceon and ampharos and flare blitz for entei and flareon

If there'll be move tutors, I hope they have the Emerald/FRLG move tutors that aren't in Platinum, and add stuff like Curse and some offensive moves like Volt Tackle and ExtemeSpeed (thought not many should get ES).

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

flare blitz
zap cannon
dragon dance
spikes
Aqua jet
ice shard
extreme speed
soft boiled
tri attack
wish
sismic toss
recover
leaf storm
magma storm
sacred fire
aeroblast

and all of the ones from platinum because then I won't have to have platinum and heart gold lol...

Tail glow would be fantastic for pokees such as glaceon and ampharos and flare blitz for entei and flareon
No damn way Sacred Fire or Aeroblast would ever be move tutors, they're Ho-oh and Lugia's signature moves and I wouldn't like to see pokemon running around with strong move that has a 50% burn rate.

flare blitz
zap cannon
dragon dance
spikes
Aqua jet
ice shard
extreme speed
soft boiled
tri attack
wish
sismic toss
recover
leaf storm
magma storm
sacred fire
aeroblast

No Magma Storm, Aeroblast, and Sacred Fire because they are Heatran's, Lugia's, and Ho-oh's signature moves respectively. I agree with Tail Glow and not Nasty Splot because the latter is available as a TM...

I think Baton Pass should be tutored too, IMO.

Wouldn't be that bad if Gengar got it either. Azelf already has it and it's a lot better than Gengar who imo sucks anywhere outside of WiFi Battle Tower.

Wouldn't be that bad if Gengar got it either. Azelf already has it and it's a lot better than Gengar who imo sucks anywhere outside of WiFi Battle Tower.
So this would be why Gengar is #9 in June's usage and Azelf is #14?

I would love it if Gengar got Nasty Plot. It would be a lot of fun.

Also, just to make this clear. I know you said "imo". I don't care.

flare blitz
zap cannon
dragon dance
spikes
Aqua jet
ice shard
extreme speed
soft boiled
tri attack
wish
sismic toss
recover
leaf storm
magma storm
sacred fire
aeroblast

As everyone has said, no Aeroblast/Sacred Fire, Magma Storm and Tail Glow are sig moves of other pokemon. There would be no point in having Softboiled AND Recover as move tutors, not to mention Roost is a TM(Even though not all Pokemon can learn it.), Dragon Dance would be very broken(Garchomp, maybe Groudon)and so would Extremespeed.

Tail Glow is not a signature move.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything close to that list though. Almost every move is useful, GameFreak would never do that.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As everyone has said, no Aeroblast/Sacred Fire, Magma Storm and Tail Glow are sig moves of other pokemon. There would be no point in having Softboiled AND Recover as move tutors, not to mention Roost is a TM(Even though not all Pokemon can learn it.), Dragon Dance would be very broken(Garchomp, maybe Groudon)and so would Extremespeed.
Tail Glow isn't a signature move, if you're thinking Manaphy it's signature move is Heart Swap.

flare blitz Maybe, but I doubt it.
zap cannon Probably, since it was in GSC.
tail glow (not nasty plot cuz gengar would learn it <_<) I hope so, then maybe special attackers will be more popular.
dragon dance I don't know, seems overpowered.
spikes It's a rare move, and I think GameFreak wants to keep it that way.
Aqua jet )
ice shard ) I don't think so, Gamefreak has never tutored priority before.
extreme speed Probaly just for Dratini.
soft boiled There already was a tutor, so maybe.
tri attack That would be cool, then you'd see flawless Tri Attack Togekiss running around.
wish It's such a good move, I don't think they would tutor it.
sismic toss Probably, because it was in Emerald.
recover No, auto recovery for many walls seems broken.
leaf storm Maybe, but probably not.
magma storm <---
sacred fire<------ All signature moves, so no.
aeroblast<-------

All in all, most of the moves seem unlikely. But I do think they'll bring back all of the GBA move tutors. I hope they bring back curse as well.

They never tutored it, they just gave it to Scizor. By tutor, I mean having a tutor in game, like the Draco Meteor tutor. They gave Nasty Plot to Darkrai, but no one's saying they ever tutored Nasty Plot.

The one I'm rooting for is Rapid Spin. Making a host of pokemon able to learn it would increase the options one would have. Imagine Steelix with Rapid Spin for example, that'd be pretty awesome.

Vacuum Wave I think is a tutor move in Platinum.

I'd say curse is an almost definte tutor move. It was a TM back in G/S/C and almost every pokémon could learn it.

I think it could be very possible that they make Extremespeed a tutor move. Many people have been saying they want go get rid of the need for GBA-games. So I think many of the remaining moves will return.

Extremespeed - In addition to Dragonite, there is Linoone. And Lucario could use it in official tournaments. And I saw someone suggest Tauros somewhere.
Baton Pass - There are many Baton Pass Pokémon from the Gamecube games. Maybe Baton Passing Carnivine? It would maybe give Baton Pass teams an alternative to Smeargle to avoid phazing.
Flare Blitz - I think they will give out Flare Blitz to many different pokémon. Flareon don't learn it. It seems like a move that could be given out to everything. I think fast pokemon could get it, not only fire types. Salamence, Garchomp, Aerodactyl. These are fast pokémon that we already have seen can learn fire moves. And I think Tauros could learn it.
Rapid Spin - They might give it to Miltank, to make stall less viable.
Howl - I think that could be a move they give away to almost everything. It could maybe cause some changes.
Belly Drum - Some pokémon could learn Belly Drum. I have thought about a Belly Drum Blissey for a long time. Dragonite could also learn Belly Drum.

i don't think they should make Tail Glow common. It should stay exclusive.

Howl - I think that could be a move they give away to almost everything. It could maybe cause some changes.
I was very surprised to find this on Porygon-Z's analysis:

Howl could definitely be a good boost for those who can't learn SD or DD, or can't afford the Speed loss from Curse. But it can't be learned by everything, as Roar can't be learned by everything and they seem similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)