HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question is what teams will have the gym leaders and the E4. I would really like that the gym leaders could be refighted after E4, and with improved teams...

Hay that would be cool! An ability tutor. Lets take this cenario as an example, say you've been iv breeding for ages to get a marill with pure power and you get one with amazing iv's, however, it has the thick fat ability!!! >_< So what do you do!? Take it to the ability tutor to change it into pure power ofcourse! :P (Won't happen, never in a million years just crap spouting)

I think it could be very possible that they make Extremespeed a tutor move. Many people have been saying they want go get rid of the need for GBA-games. So I think many of the remaining moves will return.

Extremespeed - In addition to Dragonite, there is Linoone. And Lucario could use it in official tournaments. And I saw someone suggest Tauros somewhere.
Baton Pass - There are many Baton Pass Pokémon from the Gamecube games. Maybe Baton Passing Carnivine? It would maybe give Baton Pass teams an alternative to Smeargle to avoid phazing.
Flare Blitz - I think they will give out Flare Blitz to many different pokémon. Flareon don't learn it. It seems like a move that could be given out to everything. I think fast pokemon could get it, not only fire types. Salamence, Garchomp, Aerodactyl. These are fast pokémon that we already have seen can learn fire moves. And I think Tauros could learn it.
Rapid Spin - They might give it to Miltank, to make stall less viable.
Howl - I think that could be a move they give away to almost everything. It could maybe cause some changes.
Belly Drum - Some pokémon could learn Belly Drum. I have thought about a Belly Drum Blissey for a long time. Dragonite could also learn Belly Drum.

i don't think they should make Tail Glow common. It should stay exclusive.
Howl can't go on 'almost everything' because if you see which pokemon learn it now, it's restricted to canine-like pokemon. They aren't going to make Howl a greatly accessible move like that.

Let's think here for a second, more than likely Kanto will be a big announcement in the next Coro(september edition (2~weeks or so)), Move Tutors, if any, will be in the October edition. And that Cell phone picture of the Hoenn map just makes me wanna laugh, I am 98.75% sure that it won't reappear in this generation ( not saying its not possible, but really). But then again this is all just my opinion. This game probably has more hype than it did the first time around.

If Defog isn't an HM or TM it will be available through a move tutor. There is nothing that can learn Defog naturally, so if there isn't some special way to teach it the only way to get a Pokemon with Defog on HGSS would be to trade from DPPt. The same goes for Rock Climb.

One move I hope will be a Move Tutor move is Gravity. Very few things can learn it now, but it's a viable team strategy. If Pokemon like Celebi, Bronzong and Snorlax got it that would make Gravity teams much more viable and common.
that might actually be reasonable. unless they let flyers learn it naturally.

Let's think here for a second, more than likely Kanto will be a big announcement in the next Coro(september edition (2~weeks or so)), Move Tutors, if any, will be in the October edition. And that Cell phone picture of the Hoenn map just makes me wanna laugh, I am 98.75% sure that it won't reappear in this generation ( not saying its not possible, but really). But then again this is all just my opinion. This game probably has more hype than it did the first time around.
They don't announce Move Tutors. We don't find out about those till the games are released.

What did people speculate about before frlg was relased was it stuff like crunch,hydro pump,double edge,ES,howl,agility? or did peolep think you'd get tought subsitute, eruption rapid spin,spikes,sky attack? Just saying did people speculate about those for the frlg move tutors?

FR/LG was the first game to have wide-scale move tutors, so there was more thought given to natural movesets. I don't recall seeing much speculation about move tutors at all.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's just weird, "ooh, let's just randomly add the Kanto birds as runners and the Regis for an event!". I mean, how in the world to the Hoenn legends have anything to do with Johto.
Rayquaza flies, Groudon is a vulcan-related (or shall I say, magma-related) pokémon, and Kyogre swims. It's not that hard to imagine them migrating to Hoenn/Kanto/whatever. And about the birds/Regis, it obviously wasn't random. There was no birds in GSC exactly because they flew from their old habitats (Power Plant got reactivated, Seafoam Islands were affected by the volcano and I don't have any ideas about Moltres) and went to Platinum's Sinnoh, while the Regis were there because... Well, Regigigas was kinda close, don't you agree?

Oh, and something I noticed:

The Pokeballs are upside-down. I checked D/P's prerelease pictures, and the Pokeballs are right side up, so I know it isn't something in Japan or anything. Is this fake?
That was a beta screenshot. I know a newer screenshot of the same battle popped up somewhere on pokemon.co.jp, but I don't remember where... And the rival looks much better than on this beta SS, trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4GlZHxmrY8

ANOTHER RANDOM CRAP SPAMMING VIDEO, DONT OPEN SERIOUSLY.
I suggest we ban any giancarloparimango11 videos of being posted here. This guy's a douche. And posts obviously fake news every single time.

Here's what I feel could be an interesting and awesome Tutor for HG/SS

Ability Tutor.

Ability Tutor
- Give it X item, and you can choose what ability your Pokemon has.

Example: "Yanmega has Tinted Lens, Yanmega can learn Speed Boost.. give it Speed Boost?"
I had that idea in mind too. It could be useful too to give "inner abilities" or something like that...

Ability Tutor: "Wow huh, this Regigigas guy is really is pathetic. HOWEVER! I can see with my mumbojumbo powers that it could have something... better..."

*Regigigas is trying to get Stall!*

They probably will implement that only at 5th Gen, though. If they wanted, they could do it now, but it would be too strange to have such a new concept in the middle of the generation, I guess...

I suggest we ban any giancarloparimango11 videos of being posted here. This guy's a douche. And posts obviously fake news every single time.
How 'bout Filb.de's vids? They have their own YT account, with any and all news from Pokémon Sunday recorded + The Japanese trailers. Just a suggestion.

Rayquaza flies, Groudon is a vulcan-related (or shall I say, magma-related) pokémon, and Kyogre swims. It's not that hard to imagine them migrating to Hoenn/Kanto/whatever.
Kyogre and Groudon were supposed to be sleeping until Ruby/Sapphire, and they were in Hoenn all the time anyways.

About 'gigas I think it's unconsistant.

I mean, the three Regis were in Hoenn, if you have 3 of them you awake 1 regigigas. If you have another regigigas you awake 3 regis (and im not sure) you awake another regigigas

That's 6 regis from trio and 2 regigigas, how they were created? ancient mass production?

I had that idea in mind too. It could be useful too to give "inner abilities" or something like that...
My idea it's to stay like we are until V generation, and then every pokemon could have 2 or more abilities at the same time, with a trait remover (like move deleter) that can remove a trait you dont want (like Inner focus in lucario because you can't have the speed bonus if you flinch or something like that) However some traits could not be deleted (like Regigiga's slow start or Slaking truant)

With that mechanic Wonder + Magic guard Shedinja would be awesome :3 pretty much like the upgrade wobby suffers from GSC to RSE

My idea it's to stay like we are until V generation, and then every pokemon could have 2 or more abilities at the same time
And then Ursaring gets stupidly overpowered and Bronzong has no weakness.

And am I the only one who doesn't like that they're trying to phase out the Advance games?

Dont know if this has been discussed or not but when HS/GS is released do you guys think people will move away from DPPt and battle primarly on HS/GS for Wi-Fi and tournaments?

And then Ursaring gets stupidly overpowered and Bronzong has no weakness.

And am I the only one who doesn't like that they're trying to phase out the Advance games?
Ubers, ubers!

At least ursa die fast and it's slightly faster than 100 base. (No, he doesnt reach 380 speed (he gets 343, enough to be revenge killed by Infer-RAPE))

Bronzong w/o weakness seem interesting, I like it.

Also dont forget sniper + swift swim kingdra and guts + no guard machamp :D

Ubers, ubers!

At least ursa die fast and it's slightly faster than 100 base. (No, he doesnt reach 380 speed (he gets 343, enough to be revenge killed by Infer-RAPE))

Let's not start on Porygon-Z. Bring it in on something with lower Sp.Def and watch as Tri Attack destroys everything. Also, Tangrowth in the sun.

This is the most fun thread derail I've ever been in lol. We should probably stop on this topic though (take it to PMs if you think of others?).

Ubers, ubers!

Can we not speculate really, really stupid ideas like this? Something tells me GameFreak would never implemented Pokemon with 2 abilities at once that would completely unbalance the game and launch a lot of Pokemon into NU. :\

Also, what is the point of only adding the map of Hoenn and allowing you to visit 1~2 places? I hate when 'news source' like that post speculation, then you just get a bunch of gullible people believing in unfounded rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)