'The Forgotten Few' [UU RMT]

Getting bored of creating the OU teams so I thought I would have a go at creating a UU team with all the exciting combinations you can get in this tier.

Team Building

Wanted to build a team around a certain pokemon that would set up end game after everything was weakened and all counters were dealt with. I thought of belly drum Charizard, but it is so hard to set up I went with a bulky dragon dancer in Feraligatr.

Next I wanted something to counter the bulky grass types in the form of Torterra and Venausur, and Roserade that would stop Feraligatr from sweeping. The amount of leads that try to sleep in UU is unreal so why not have something that can't be put to sleep, and can OKHO back.

Ice and electric attack would be coming in on Honchkrow and Feraligatr so I needed a special sponge. Lanturn gains HP from electric attacks and swallow special attacks for dinner.

I wanted a strong bulky physical wall that could set up rocks. I chose Uxie which has the advantage of phazing with yawn which works well for me.

Sort of a filler here nto sure if it fits but I needed something else to take the bulky grasses out just in case so I went with a bulky variant of Arcanine which can roar and get some SR damage and reveal the opposing team.

Finally I needed a solid Revege killer and Medicham filled that position nicely. Has the bolt beam combo in punches.

After some advice and looking at some coverage issues, I chose to replace Uxie with Registeel. It can do what Uxie is therefore and wall Mismaguis.

After looking threw my weaknesses I realised I needed more ground resistance. Arcanine isn't doing much bar phazing and WoW so I brought in the bulky witch, which can do both with WoW and Perish Song.

In Depth Look

The Lead

Honckrow @ Focus sash

Nature : Jolly
252 Atk / 4HP / 252 Spe
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Drill Peck

Took out the SpA ev that would have been used on Heat Wave and put them all in Att. This way STAB drill peck can take the grass and it hits harder. Pursuit for the fleeing and sucker punch for the easy kills late game.

The Physical wall/SR

Registeel @ Leftovers

Nature: Careful
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Thunder-wave

Originally this was Uxie but as Frank pointed out I needed coverage from Mismaguis and Registeel can do that. As well as set up rocks. Explosion can be used to kill the big threats easily. Replaced Explosion with T-wave as I need Regi to stay alive really and T-wave is nice to spam around early game.

The Crippler and Phazer

Mismaguis @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm
252 HP/40 Def/216 Sp. Def
-Shadow Ball
-Perish Song/Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Replaced Arcanine with Missy as she covers my ground weakness a bit more. I am currently running Perish Trap as a sort of Phazing move, which seems to work better rather than taunt. Pain Split is used for the healing and STAB Shadow Ball comes in nicely.

The Sponge

Lanturn @ Leftovers

Nature : Calm
40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Confuse Ray
- T-Wave

Dropped discharge for Thunderbolt for more STAB boosted attacks against the Bulky waters and dropped toxic for
T-Wave for the more reliable Paralyse

The Revenge Killer

Medicham @ Choice Scarf

Nature : Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hi-Jump Kick/Brick Break
- Psycho Cut

My Revenge Killer. Works out so well for me with the Bolt-Beam combo in punch form. At the moment I am running Hi-Jump Kick put if it misses or they switch to a ghost that is basically the Glass cannon screwed, so will most probably go with Brick Break. Psycho cut for the fighting types with a nice bit of STAB.

The Sweep

Feraligatr @ Life Orb/Salac Berry

Nature : Adamant
28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
- Substitute/Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance/Sword Dance
- EQ
- Waterfall

This one has had a bit of tinkering. I am currently testing 2 different variants. one with sub, sword dance and salac berry boost. The other, the outright DD + 3 attacks. Atm I am thinking the sub + salac is working better. It all depends on getting those pesky priority moves out of the way

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So there we go. Point out my flaws please. May do a threat list but this for now. I know some changes can be made to improve this and get a better sweep set up so help me out.

* Changes in RED

Really like the honchcrow lead i just checked honchcrow is UU yay! (i was unsure previously)
On Uxie i would go with psychic because in my expereince yawn will cause the opponent to switch enless its really late in the game
On Arcanine whats WoW?

WoW is Will-o-Wisp, the move that inflicts a burn.
I would like to add that if you don't need to inflict damage with Uxie, then a screen is a viable option in the slot that is open to debate.

I ran a Honchkrow lead for a long time, and I can say this: Get rid of heat wave and toss those EVs in attack. Drill Peck offers coverage on Grass, gets STAB, and prevents splitting EVs. You only really lose coverage on Steelix, as Registeel, the other common Steel, is usually specially defensive. The latter is 2HKO'd by superpower and the former is easy setup bait for Uxie.

Drop the sash on Medicham as SR or spikes will break it every time. Hitmonlee is vastly superior, he's immune to Paralysis, gets coverage with Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Sucker Punch, and is quite fast for UU.

Drop Toxic for Thunder Wave and Discharge for Thunderbolt. Tbolt gets you the 2HKO on Milotic and other bulky waters that can't touch you anyway and T-wave is more reliable. Also, if you're using Arcanine to counter physical threats, make sure it has Intimidate over Flash Fire as fire attacks will bounce of Lanturn anyway.

Also, I'd highly recommend Substitute over Ice Punch on Feraligatr. He's really weak to status effects from bulkier pokes like Uxie and Clefable can take a +1 Waterfall and Twave you or Encore your Dragon Dance.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

CM Mismagius
Grass-types (Life orb Roserade / Venusaur)

How to fix:

Seeing your description for team building, I think Registeel can fit a better role as a Stealth Rock user for Uxie. It said that its a filler, but Registeel can do a much better job with Stealth Rock due to its great resistances. It checks Mismagius and allows you to take Grass / Poison combo which is usually from Life Orb Roserade and Venusaurs.

Registeel
@ Leftovers
Careful Nature (SpD+ / SpA-)

- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Explosion

A great replacement for Uxie which aids your weakness to Grass-types and that gruesome Calm Mind Mismagius. Stealth Rock is a must, helping Feraligatr sweep better. Iron Head beats Mismagius while Earthquake gives you coverage. Explosion is a great finishing move which can beat Ferligatrs counters.

Other things you can consider is a Choice Scarf on Medicham to provide some revenge kill. Gl.

I ran a Honchkrow lead for a long time, and I can say this: Get rid of heat wave and toss those EVs in attack. Drill Peck offers coverage on Grass, gets STAB, and prevents splitting EVs. You only really lose coverage on Steelix, as Registeel, the other common Steel, is usually specially defensive. The latter is 2HKO'd by superpower and the former is easy setup bait for Uxie.

Ah ok sounds like a plan will do.

Drop the sash on Medicham as SR or spikes will break it every time. Hitmonlee is vastly superior, he's immune to Paralysis, gets coverage with Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Sucker Punch, and is quite fast for UU.

This is a mistake it was meant to be Choice scarf. Still think I should go with Hitmonlee.

Drop Toxic for Thunder Wave and Discharge for Thunderbolt. Tbolt gets you the 2HKO on Milotic and other bulky waters that can't touch you anyway and T-wave is more reliable. Also, if you're using Arcanine to counter physical threats, make sure it has Intimidate over Flash Fire as fire attacks will bounce of Lanturn anyway.

Will do, ty

Also, I'd highly recommend Substitute over Ice Punch on Feraligatr. He's really weak to status effects from bulkier pokes like Uxie and Clefable can take a +1 Waterfall and Twave you or Encore your Dragon Dance.

I will give this a try.
Problems:

CM Mismagius
Grass-types (Life orb Roserade / Venusaur)

How to fix:

Seeing your description for team building, I think Registeel can fit a better role as a Stealth Rock user for Uxie. It said that its a filler, but Registeel can do a much better job with Stealth Rock due to its great resistances. It checks Mismagius and allows you to take Grass / Poison combo which is usually from Life Orb Roserade and Venusaurs.

Registeel
@ Leftovers
Careful Nature (SpD+ / SpA-)

- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Explosion

A great replacement for Uxie which aids your weakness to Grass-types and that gruesome Calm Mind Mismagius. Stealth Rock is a must, helping Feraligatr sweep better. Iron Head beats Mismagius while Earthquake gives you coverage. Explosion is a great finishing move which can beat Ferligatrs counters.

Other things you can consider is a Choice Scarf on Medicham to provide some revenge kill. Gl.
Yeah this does seem like the better option. I will put him in. yeah it was meant to be a scarf I will change it.

On Uxie i would go with psychic because in my expereince yawn will cause the opponent to switch enless its really late in the game.
That is the whole point of phazing. Doesnt matter I will most probably go with Registeel anyhow.

imo you shouldn't go with substitute and life orb on feraligatr. example: switching into maybe a weak flamethrower + stealth rock + subbing and feraligatr is already half dead. it really is quite bulky with 83/100/85 defenses and if you're going to take advantage of substitute i think you should put give it leftovers. another idea is to put ice punch over substitute and give it a lum berry. really bulky pokemon such as uxie should be adequately weakened by the time feraligatr tries to sweep so two +1 waterfalls should ko them.

on registeel, i'd recommend taking off either earthquake or explosion for thunder wave. it can cripple sweepers and is generally a cool move to spam around in the early game. i'd put it over explosion since registeel is your check for a few threats and you don't want to blow it up and subsequently lose to a subcm mismagius.

imo you shouldn't go with substitute and life orb on feraligatr. example: switching into maybe a weak flamethrower + stealth rock + subbing and feraligatr is already half dead. it really is quite bulky with 83/100/85 defenses and if you're going to take advantage of substitute i think you should put give it leftovers. another idea is to put ice punch over substitute and give it a lum berry. really bulky pokemon such as uxie should be adequately weakened by the time feraligatr tries to sweep so two +1 waterfalls should ko them.

Yeah but another plus with Feraligatr is gettin it down to torrent area to increase waterfalls power. I will try each option out to see which is best.

on registeel, i'd recommend taking off either earthquake or explosion for thunder wave. it can cripple sweepers and is generally a cool move to spam around in the early game. i'd put it over explosion since registeel is your check for a few threats and you don't want to blow it up and subsequently lose to a subcm mismagius.

Will try this, i do find myself in a bit of trouble once im missing Registeel.
Cheers for your help.

Looking at my team weaknesses in more detail, I am thinking I need more cover for ground based attacks as once Honckrow is gone I take a beating from it.

I really am stuck for ideas here. I was thinking running a defensive WoW crippling Weezing, then I thought do I really need WoW support if im running Para on two pokes and can spam it around a bit.

My SR's get blown away quite a lot so I could go with a ghost maybe Missy or Spiritomb but what sets? Should I go for the predictable Sum Calm Mind on Missy or a bulky version...

Hmm... Suggestions?

I would definitely recommend bulky Mismagius. Try this:

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Calm
-Shadow Ball
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

I used that set for quite a while and it worked magnificently. You don't really need more than 40 Def when Will-O-Wisp is taking care of physical attackers. Taunt and Pain Split are extremely helpful for giving stall teams a hard time and keeping it alive. Shadow Ball is there in case you need to attack.

I would definitely recommend bulky Mismagius. Try this:

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Calm
-Shadow Ball
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

I used that set for quite a while and it worked magnificently. You don't really need more than 40 Def when Will-O-Wisp is taking care of physical attackers. Taunt and Pain Split are extremely helpful for giving stall teams a hard time and keeping it alive. Shadow Ball is there in case you need to attack.
Hmm... Will try this. Will also try the offensive set. Spiritomb and Weezing too.

Just a nitpick,If you're gonna run substitute on Feraligatr, Replace life orb with leichi berry or salac berry. This will give it extra power/more speed. Hope this helps.

~Quick

Just a nitpick,If you're gonna run substitute on Feraligatr, Replace life orb with leichi berry or salac berry. This will give it extra power/more speed. Hope this helps.

~Quick
Yeah thanks man, I am currently trying about both variants;

Without Sub, Life Orb & Ice Punch.
With Sub & Salac Berry.

i would trade medicham for hitmonlee,while it make look like a better choice because of its ability to double its atack,hitmonlee with scarf does have other tools,named close combat,better speed and special defense(i know the last dont count but....)and others,and both of his abilitys deserve a try,since or you will block the stupid paralyze or make hi jump kick even more strong,well,this and others,its also to mention that given lee bigger speed,he may also run a choice band with more easy,give that he can reach 300 speed with jolly,and CB give him a big atack boost,you can also abuse mach and bullet punch,but those are just my opinons,i do hope you understand what i mean to say in this short rate

i would trade medicham for hitmonlee,while it make look like a better choice because of its ability to double its atack,hitmonlee with scarf does have other tools,named close combat,better speed and special defense(i know the last dont count but....)and others,and both of his abilitys deserve a try,since or you will block the stupid paralyze or make hi jump kick even more strong,well,this and others,its also to mention that given lee bigger speed,he may also run a choice band with more easy,give that he can reach 300 speed with jolly,and CB give him a big atack boost,you can also abuse mach and bullet punch,but those are just my opinons,i do hope you understand what i mean to say in this short rate
Yeah I understand mate, thanks for the help and I will test Lee out aswell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)