Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys I have a quick and simple question (hopefully).

I want to build a team on shoddy focusing mainly on tanks and bulky offense. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of some bulky tanks?

I.E. Suicune/Gyarados etc

Hi guys I have a quick and simple question (hopefully).

I want to build a team on shoddy focusing mainly on tanks and bulky offense. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of some bulky tanks?

I.E. Suicune/Gyarados etc
Bulky tanks: Swampert, Blissey, Skarmory, Rotom-A, Hippowdon, Celebi, Bronzong, Latias, Snorlax, Umbreon, defensive Heatran, defensive Tyranitar

Bulky offense: Salamence, Heatran, Tyranitar, Scizor, Gyarados, Latias, Flygon, Machamp, Mamoswine, Dragonite, Gliscor

Is using an AR to clone a pokemon considered cheating here? Would an AR-accrued clone be considered "hacked"?

If AR cloning is considered cheating, then how is everyone cloning pokemon? Through the GTS glitch?

Okay guys, im playing Platinum as a casual play through and need some help:
I'm looking for HM Slaves, Good elemental types for the gym leaders. What do you recommend.

What are some good pokemon I should catch early on?

Also, how do i give a pokemon a nickname if i've already caught it?

Okay guys, im playing Platinum as a casual play through and need some help:
I'm looking for HM Slaves, Good elemental types for the gym leaders. What do you recommend.

What are some good pokemon I should catch early on?

Also, how do i give a pokemon a nickname if i've already caught it?
The best HM slave would be Bidoof which you can catch right away.

I caught Starly and Shinx early in the game, so you can get those if you like.

I don't remember the place where you can nickname your Pokemon.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, the suspect ladder is where we test the suspects, ie OU pokemon that are overpowered, or uber pokemon who could fit in OU.

So, the suspect tier would be normal OU and either gaining a poke from the über tier to test, or losing a poke to see if ou is better without it. Then this who have battled enogugh and won enough will vote on whether it is über or OU.

I have a question regarding characteristics (i.e. "likes to run") of Pokemon listed.

If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in multiple stats, or the same number IV tied for the highest stat, is there a systematic way by which the game chooses which characteristic appears in the Pokemon summary?

So for example, say my Magikarp has a spread or x/x/31/x/31/31. Which of the statements would appear in the Pokedex entry? "Capable of taking hits", "Mischievous", or "Alert to sounds"? Or is it random?

I have a question regarding characteristics (i.e. "likes to run") of Pokemon listed.

If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in multiple stats, or the same number IV tied for the highest stat, is there a systematic way by which the game chooses which characteristic appears in the Pokemon summary?

So for example, say my Magikarp has a spread or x/x/31/x/31/31. Which of the statements would appear in the Pokedex entry? "Capable of taking hits", "Mischievous", or "Alert to sounds"? Or is it random?
It depends on the PID. This thread shows the formula that seems to be used. I could have sworn there was discussion in another thread that led up to this, but I can't seem to find it...

EDIT: Found it. I don't know why I didn't think about looking in the Research thread...

Is there a program like Shoddy Battle, but that you don't have to download, so it's entirely online? I know there is one for R/B/Y but I haven't found one for D/P/P....

Two questions; When you trade over pokemon to Pokemon Ranch, are they actually on there? or is it like PBR, where you just copy the pokemon? And could you use Pokemon Ranch as a way to trade pokemon from game to game? If you're lacking an extra DS

Two questions; When you trade over pokemon to Pokemon Ranch, are they actually on there? or is it like PBR, where you just copy the pokemon? And could you use Pokemon Ranch as a way to trade pokemon from game to game? If you're lacking an extra DS
The Pokemon actually leave your DS and go to the ranch, but the ranch remembers which game the Pokemon come from, so they can't be moved from cart to cart. =(

EDIT: This might be obvious, but the Pokemon are stranded in the ranch if you start a new file, too.

They trade over, they don't just make copies. But you can't use it to trade from game to game because you have to withdraw Pokemon with the same game you had deposited them with.

Two questions; When you trade over pokemon to Pokemon Ranch, are they actually on there? or is it like PBR, where you just copy the pokemon. And could you use Pokemon Ranch as a way to trade pokemon from game to game? If you're lacking an extra DS
Yes, I believe the Pokemon is actually taken from your game and put onto Ranch. And as for the second question, no: it records the Trainer ID of the person who put the Pokemon in there, so you can't use Ranch to trade your Pokemon to another game, or even to a restarted version of the same cartridge you used to put them in Ranch, unless you get immensely lucky/hack to get the same Trainer ID.

Thanks you 3 for the helpful answers.
I'll guess I'll just hassle a friend

Oh and a few more questions where can I find a Phione for my Dex?

And when do natures/Iv's set for bird trio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)