Honc Honc! [UU RMT]

This is an update of a team I have been working on for a few months. I have tinkered away with it and have got some good wins with it but I still think it could use some work.

Team Buildin
g

Wanted to build a team around a certain pokemon that would set up end game after everything was weakened and all counters were dealt with. I thought of belly drum Charizard, but it is so hard to set up I went with a bulky dragon dancer in Feraligatr.

Next I wanted something to counter the bulky grass types in the form of Torterra and Venausur, and Roserade that would stop Feraligatr from sweeping. The amount of leads that try to sleep in UU is unreal so why not have something that can't be put to sleep, and can OKHO back.

Ice and electric attack would be coming in on Honchkrow and Feraligatr so I needed a special sponge. Lanturn gains HP from electric attacks and swallow special attacks for dinner.

I wanted a strong bulky physical wall that could set up rocks. I chose Uxie which has the advantage of phazing with yawn which works well for me.

Sort of a filler here nto sure if it fits but I needed something else to take the bulky grasses out just in case so I went with a bulky variant of Arcanine which can roar and get some SR damage and reveal the opposing team.

Finally I needed a solid Revege killer and Medicham filled that position nicely. Has the bolt beam combo in punches.

After some advice and looking at some coverage issues, I chose to replace Uxie with Registeel. It can do what Uxie is therefore and wall Mismaguis.

After looking threw my weaknesses I realised I needed more ground resistance. Arcanine isn't doing much bar phazing and WoW so I brought in the bulky witch, which can do both with WoW and Perish Song.

In Depth Look

The Lead

Honckrow @ Focus sash

Nature : Jolly
252 Atk / 4HP / 252 Spe
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Drill Peck

This guy makes for a brilliant lead in UU. A lot of leads in UU will try to put you to sleep, insomnia is a great asset. Superpower will destroy walls like Chansey. Drill Peck is there for the countless fighting types you will meet in UU. Sucker Punch is to take out the weakened pokemon that can be finished off. Pursuit is for the ghost leads that will flee and OHKO on the way out.

The Physical wall/SR

Registeel @ LeftoversNature: Careful
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Thunder-wave

Registeel is my SR. He will most probably come in after Honckrow has done its thing. I can spam around T-wave to cripple their team. Iron head makes for a great STAB move and has a 30% flinch rate. EQ is there for the coverage it gives.

The Crippler and Phazer

Mismaguis @ LeftoversNature: Calm
252 HP/40 Def/216 Sp. Def
-Shadow Ball
-Perish Song
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

This is the bulky ghost variant of the witch but with a little twist. She is used to get some nasty burns in. Shadow Ball has nice STAB and good coverage. Pain Split is used for healing. The twist is I'm using Perish song as a way of phazing and stacking up SR damage or the incoming faint if they stay in.

The Sponge

Lanturn @ Leftovers

Nature : Calm
40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
-
Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Confuse Ray
- T-Wave

I have gone for thunderbolt and thunder wave as discharge wasn't getting me the paralyse I wanted. Thunder wave + Confuse ray is the most annoying thing in the world. Thunderbolt and surf can hurt alot of things. Lanturn can sponge up any special attack as long as its not a grass move bar Grass Knot. Electric attacks just heal it.

The Revenge Killer

Medicham @ Choice Scarf

Nature : Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hi-Jump Kick/Brick Break
- Psycho Cut

My Revenge Killer. Works out so well for me with the Bolt-Beam combo in punch form. At the moment I am running Hi-Jump Kick put if it misses or they switch to a ghost that is basically the Glass cannon screwed, so will most probably go with Brick Break. Psycho cut for the fighting types with a nice bit of STAB.

The Sweep

Feraligatr @ Life Orb/Salac Berry

Nature : Adamant
28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
- Substitute/Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance/Sword Dance
- EQ
- Waterfall

This one has had a bit of tinkering. I am currently testing 2 different variants. one with sub, sword dance and salac berry boost. The other, the outright DD + 3 attacks. Atm I am thinking the sub + salac is working better. It all depends on getting those pesky priority moves out of the way

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rate away. I will be doing a threat list later but for now, have a look and let me know what you think can be improved.

<3

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Feraligatr sweep

How to fix:

Great build, most of the time you'll run into Milotic / Slowbro, who are natural counters to you. What you need to do is add a Toxic Spike user. I recommend a Roserade lead with Focus Sash and the EV spread 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SPe with the moveset Sleep Powder / Toxic Spikes / Sludge Bomb / Leaf Storm. The basic premise is to Sleep induce slower leads while you lay down two layers. Toxc Spikes helps vs. bulky waters which give Feraligatr a hard time. Leaf + Sludge Bomb covers nearly everything bar Steel-types.

As for other options go, Roserade and Venusaur might ruin the party. As such you have to weaken it nicely with Registeel. I might want to suggest Dugtrio for Medicham. Dugtrio is a better revenge kiler because it can serve as a great trapper on weakened Roserade and Venusaurs. Dugtrio gets rid of your Blaziken issue also, which might cause trouble for your team. It also gets rid of Registeel, which is problematic for Roserade. Experiment around CB or Life Orb, but sometimes you might lean towards CB to improve power to KO Venusaur. Although with the selection of Dugtrio for the team, you might want to give Milotic a try because it lessens groun-type hits as well as check Nidoking and such overall gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)