Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We are ready to begin Round Fourty Four of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

This round will last until September 21, 2009.

Queue stealthy BK announcement:
NEW! As of next round, we will be featuring a new sign up process to accommodate more apprentices, so keep a look out for that!

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

Please note that the Apprentice Tournaments will be put on hold for a bit. Something new will be coming later on in the year, so look forward to that!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let myself, Havak or Blue Kirby know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Fourty-Four Matchups:

JabbaTheGriffin - Sidd
Aeroblacktyl - YoshiThePirate
Max - GoldenKnight14
Great Sage - Golden Empoleon
Calciphoce - _Rewer_
DawnBringer - Uchiha Madera
Brawley - SpinBallWizard
Sapientia - AlphaBravo
august - Age of Kings
moi - Plasma Dragon
Kevin Garrett - Malfunction
LonelyNess - Mr. Bean
darkie - Kaxtar
SoT - bobtheball4
twash - die eter
tennisace - Blackhawk11
Gouki - Mr. Pizzle
RB Golbat - Prescess
Bologo - upside
reachzero - Tyranidos
Astamatitos - Yehom
Seven Deadly Sins - pai
Beej - hamburgler
Mekkah - Darkvirus
KD24 - LegendKiller
Vashta - Keelhauled
Ace Matador. - luungooc2005
Plus - AGiantRobot
jumpluff - SevveN
Philip7086 - Failboat
Earthworm - spraak48
Tab - Mihai
Giant Enemy Crab - Exarius
Flashstorm1 - Mordock
Atticus - MajinKain0
imperfectluck - Shiki
Reverb - Arendai
cyberzero - Darkness Wolf

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick:Sydd, LombaxHera
Time zone:GMT-7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):12 AM (Noon) to anywhere around 9 PM at night.
Experience level:Ok, not too bad, not too good either.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):Ou, Ubers
A little about myself: I have been playing Pokemon for a long time, but this is the first time I am going to learn how to play competitively. I have been playing since ADV though.

Assigned to Giant Enemy Crab

Shoddy Battle nick: Exarius
Time zone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 09-17 o'clock Eastern, weekends about 05-17 o'clock
Do you want to play in the tournament: If it comes, yeah
Experience level: Joined the last Tutor program, I have a bit experience in battling, but both my teambuilding and battling skills seem somewhat lacking.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU (both goes, I haven't played any UU though, but I'd like to learn more of OU)
A little about myself: well, I'm Finnish, and I've been playing Pokemon for several years now, mostly 3. gen. I have played competively for a few weeks, and even though I joined the last tutorpogramme, would like to get help, so I could Improve myself more.

Assigned to Sapientia

Looks like i wont miss THIS train
Shoddy Battle nick: AlphaBravo, EspeonAttack
Time zone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies, can be online 07-11AM GMT-5. Typically busy at Fri-Sun.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Moderate; I played in NB and lurked at early DP (I was not 13 but didnt register so i didnt see you need to be 13+)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU Ubers

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: YoshiThePirate, PirateTheYoshi, ThePirateYoshi
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-7 PM
Experience level: Medium
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I NEED HALP WITH THE POCKET MONZ. I want a tutor that is willing to help me build teams and one that can help me with prediction.

Assigned to Earthworm

Shoddy Battle nick: Ladd Russo (this is my most recent)
Time zone: GMT +10:00
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): if I calculated correctly... 11pm till about 7am
Experience level: Somewhat Mediocre. I am somewhat knowledgeable in team building, But I know my skill level isn't what it can be. The main thing I think I need for someone to give me the push in the right direction as a battler.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers.
A little about myself: Just a normal 18 year old Australian guy, with a passion for Pokemon (I have been playing it since the RBY days. Never got into competitive until about 6 months after i got my copy of Diamond (June 08). I also enjoy a plethora of other games, aside from pokemon... But most of the titles are for Nintendo. So I guess I'm a Nintendo fanboy somewhat.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: Malfunction
Time zone: GMT+3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): From 8 AM until 2 PM (currently on vacation, may also get on other times).
Experience level: Moderate pretty much, what I need help with more than anything is team building.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I have been playing Pokemon from when I was about 10 years or so. When DP came out, I got a DS and bought Pearl. While lurking in some Forums, I heard someone say Smogon, so I checked it out. I became interested in competitive Pokemon, and have been playing for well over a year. As I said above, I need help with building teams. Actually, I want to know if my problems are with team building or with battling >.>. Basically, I need guidance.

Thanks for considering me.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: GoldenKnight, GK
Time zone: Pacific Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9PM-1AM usually
Experience level: Not a whole lot, but about 3 months
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I live in California and just escaped the station fire there. I’m a bit of a baseball fan and follow the Dodgers very closely (too bad they won’t perform in the playoffs unless Thome/Garland excel past my expectations) and I currently run Cross Country. I use mIRC just about everyday too :P

i go on cap a lot and would like to request someone that goes there at least every now and then like plus, beej, cyberzero, sot etc

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick:-Blue Thunder-

Time zone:western,california time,dont know what its called =/

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):usually from about 12 throughout the rest of the day ill be on,until school starts,which is in 3 days,then ill only be on around 6-10. i could be on anytime on the weekends though.

Experience level:Not Bad,moderate,i have one team in all tiers that kicks ass,but id like more than that,i only went to 1415 cause i wanted to take a break,but i never really got back in.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,UU,Ubers(i want help in them all a lot though)

A little about myself:im going into 9th grade,im athletic,very smart,ive been playing this game for about 6 months now,i can beat lots of people,but i want to breakthrough into the next level,i think a tutor could help me do that. I also really need help in team building,thats my main weakness.prediction needs a lot of work also,everyone says i lose because of that :)

Id like to request Reachzero or ipl as my tutor,philip7086 would be pretty awesome too. if not,anyone is fine,hopefully someone good in all tiers,i like to be all around :)

also,if youre having a tourney,id love to play!

Blackhawk11

one on one
Assigned to tennisace

Shoddy Battle nick: Blackhawk11, BHOneOne
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends: on and off between 1p.m.-5p.m. and 7p.m.-10p.m. Schooldays: 7p.m.-10p.m.
Experience level: Moderate, I've managed to get into the 1400s a few times in UU.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU/OU (No ubers)
A little about myself: I've been playing Pokemon for 6 years, and I started battling competitively some time in January. I still haven't been able to figure out why it's so darn addicting. In my real life I enjoy playing sports, especially soccer and basketball. I'm a pretty smart kid, and therefore do well in school.

Assigned to moi

Shoddy Battle Nick: PlasmaPikmin/PlasmaDragon
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only): 10 AM - 9 PM (Weekend), 5 PM - 9 PM (Weekdays)
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure
Experience Level: I've played Pokemon since RSE, and started getting into Competitive Play a few months ago. I do need some help with building teams though.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU (I mainly focus on OU, but am interested in UU)
A little about myself: Well, I'm somewhat quiet, but like to make new friends. I'm willing to learn and become significantly better at Competitive Play. I've played Pokemon for a while now, mainly 4th Gen. I would just like to meet some new players and get more experience as a Trainer.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: Upside
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:30-1:00ish EST. Most of the day on weekends
Experience level: Ok at battling. Need to work at team building. Prediction could also use some work
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU only
A little about myself: Uh, been playing off and on since DP release. Most of my time is taken up by Guild Wars and school

Assigned to jumpluff

Shoddy Battle nick: SevveN / Lesleybro
Time zone: GMT +10 (Australia, Melbourne)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually 1 am - 7 am, mostly all day weekends. Can change a bit, though.
Experience level: I believe i have a fairly good knowledge of Pokemon. I just want to take my game to the next level.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers maybe, not UU.
A little about myself: I'm in love with sport. Mainly cricket, and AFL football. I play cricket sometimes 6 days a week. I enjoy most genres of music, not really rock/hardcore though. I've been playing pokemon for about 3-4 years. Only been half decent for about a year, though. I'm not really sure if my problems with my battling is the battling, not enough knowledge of DPP, or the team building. I've tried most styles of battling besides Stall, as I can't seem to make a decent team. I quite like Offense and Hyper offensive teams, however.

Assigned to Ace Matador.

Shoddy Battle nick: luungoc2005/Super Basic
Time zone:UTC+7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):I don't really know what 'Eastern only!' means (wikipedia couldn't help much...), but I'm usually available from 7pm - 11pm here...
Experience level:acceptable I guess, but my team building skill sucks
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself:(Really don't know what to say here) uh...I just want to improve my skill, especially my team building skill. I don't think I have too many problems at battling, because with a good team I can do good enough...Recently I feel like I can't improve any more on my own, so I decided to give Battling 101 a shot.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick:Mr.Pizzle
Time zone:eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):8-10 PM on weekdays
Experience level:very little
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU/UU
A little about myself: Im not very good, and pretty much need to rebuild my view of the game from the ground up. Very much willing to listen, but I might need a very patient tutor.... lol

Assigned to reachzero

Shoddy Battle nick: Tyranidos
Time zone: Central (GMT -6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anytime throughout the day, I pop in.
Experience level: Medium
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber, UU, OU
A little about myself: I like to battle, and sometimes I'm good, but I'm not consistent enough.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to SoT

Shoddy Battle nick:Bobtheball4
Time zone:gmt-10(hawaiian time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):usuually on at night on weekdays, around 9ish because of bad time zones=/, but weekends, all day...
Experience level:about average, ive been playing for some time, but havent done the best.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,Uber,UU
A little about myself:I'm a 10th grader in hawaii right now, i've been playing pokemon for a year or so competativly, and im in marching band, and i love basketball.

also, could i request getting someone from CaP as i see them more often then others, such as Plus, Tennisace, SoT, Cyberzero, Beej.

Assigned to Astamatitos

Shoddy Battle nick: Yehom
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mondays and Tuedays from 17:00 to 21:00 and Wednesday/Thurday and Friday 19:00 to 21:00, no time in the weekends(Times are in GMT +1)
Experience level: 4 out of 10 I think
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/Uber
A little about myself: I have played Pokemon since the release of Gold. Since then I have played Ruby and after that a little break. I didn't play D/P, but I do play Platinum now. I have played Shoddy Battle since a couple of months. About me: I live in the Netherlands. I'm in my graduation year and hope to study at the university of Leiden next year. My favorite sport is soccer.

Assigned to Vashta

Shoddy Battle nick: Keelhauled
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9AM (EST)-8-9PM (EST)

Experience level: Moderate, around 12-1300 CRE on the various ladders.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber / OU / UU

A little about myself: Participated in the previous round under the tutelage of GEC, and benefitted greatly from the experience, so i've decided to reapply, to get another tier under my belt in time for the next Tour, so i'm not a one-trick pony.

Assigned to Beej

Shoddy Battle nick:hamburglar83
Time zone:est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): on and off through the day
Experience level:moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):ou,uu,ubers
A little about myself: I'm a senior in high school and started playing pokemon recently

Assigned to RB Golbat

Shoddy Battle nick: Prescess
Time zone: UTC/GMT -4 hours
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm to 11pm (weekdays)
Experience level: I know the basics and I read articles on the site
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU / UU
A little about myself: I'm a student at college, so I can't really be available during the day... however, I like playing pokemon and I can afford to spend time on the game, so I would like to learn how to play competitively. I've been playing since the very first generation, but I never played seriously since the fourth generation. I would like to learn everything that could be useful in battle, like how to build an effective team, how to predict your opponent's moves, etc...

Ask me for more information, if needed.
Thank You!

Assigned to darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: Kaxtar2/Kaxtar3/Kaxtar4

Time zone: EST (GMT -5)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M. (Off and On) Weekdays, and 8:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. (Off and On) Weekends, though I am very flexible, and can schedule a metting almost anytime with a bit of notice before hand

Experience level: About 18 Months

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU

A little about myself: I have been playing Pokemon all my life, and started Shoddy-ing about 18 months ago, joined Smogon in January, and have tried to become part of the community. I will be going into my second year of high school, and have all A's. I play baseball, water-ski and golf. I am best at Prediction and long term thinking, though my Team-Building is fairly bad. I also can't seem to get on the Leaderboard, usualy hovering around 1325 CRE. I also spend most of my time around CAP, and have battled many good players on Doug's server, where most of my expirence comes from.

Thanks for taking my application into account.

Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick:.Mr Bean
Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):More or less all the time at weekends, after 10am in EST on weekdays.
Experience level:Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,UU,Uber
A little about myself:I'm quiet and patient, I was in the last round with Vashta. I can't build teams that have a good winning rate.

I'd like to request someone different than Vashta, as I was with him last.

Assigned to Brawley

Shoddy Battle nick: Spinballwizard
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Generally off-and-on from noon-1am weekends, Mondays and Fridays from about 5-11pm (with breaks for food somewhere in there).
Experience level: I've played the games since about a year before G/S/C came out. Played on Netbattle with limited success back in R/S/E. Started trying Shoddy a couple of months ago. I want to say I'm mostly good at prediction (unless I overpredict, which can be an issue). Building is probably my biggest issue, though. My CRE's low on both OU and UU, but I haven't been on in a few weeks. (Otherwise, I want to say I pull out a few wins here and there but definitely could improve.)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU preferred, but since I'm dabbling in UU I wouldn't mind that either. I have minimal to no interest in ubers.
A little about myself: I work full-time in a grocery store despite having a bachelor's degree (damn economy). My primary hobbies are the miniatures games Warmachine and Hordes (which would be why I'm unavailable most of midweek), Magic: the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, and of course video games. I'm a nerd and I proudly admit it.

Assigned to twash

Shoddy Battle nick: die eter
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1PM-6PM and even more on weekends
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, I'm happy enough if I succeed in that one :)
Experience level*: I'm not very experienced, I know that Infernape is a sweeper and Blissey a special wall, but I don't really succeed in team building. I’ve tried a lot, but it never really worked…
A little about myself: I'm a nice Belgian guy who likes to learn new things all the time. Pingpong and chess are some of my other hobbies.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)