Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Serebii also revealed that Red has a slightly different Pokémon roster, so even if Falkner didn't get at least a Hoothoot, hope is not lost yet for the other Gyms.

By the way, FUCK YEAH MEWTWO

But wait, he's still level 70...

oh my god that gym looks WAY too awesome o_o
also it is a pal park in there and you can trade with dpp right from the start.

Yup, in the TCG Pikachu flies with balloons and surfs with a surfboard. I think the only other special Pikachu was Birthday Pikachu... don't think that will work in the games though lol
Don't be so sure, with the DS clock and birthday system :|

I like the list of legendaries, means I don't need to go through the hassle of playing through Colosseum to get hold of some of them, I swear its taking me forever...

Has there been any word on if the PC of the opposite gender from your choice will make an appearance in game?

So now, between Platinum, and HG/SS, all the non-event legends are avaliable without events, besides the Regi Trio, who require the TRU Regigigas to get. Anyone else think that this is hinting at the 5th gen waiting for the next console. (Not DSi, there are no DSi exclusive games)

Anyway, as for HG/SS, I'm excited for the release, and will be playing them, but, it's not major. The worst that could happen is movepool addittions, through changes to movepools, or Tutors.

This is the first game since G/S/C where the Jhoto starters are easyily avaliable. In FR/LG, you had to complete the Kanto Dex to get them, so I'm not counting it. However, the Jhoto starters are easily the worst competitivly. None of them are duel-typed, and 1 of them is NU, while the other 2 are UU. (Compared to 3 UU for Kanto, 1 OU and 2 UU's for Hoenn, and 2 OU's and 1 UU for D/P) Lugia is about the only thing competivite that isn't already avaliable in another game. Ho-oh is Uber, and is almost never used there.

I hope that Misdrevius and Lavitar aren't so late in the game. I don't wanna have to wait for all 16 badges to get them... Misdrevius especially.

Anyone betting on 7 Kimono Girls now? Leafon and Glaceon?

don't know if this is the right place to show it, but i'll show anyway

http://blog.wazap.com/464310/archives/51518059.html

move tutors from battle frontier, HGSS

swift 16BP
fury cutter 16BP
rollout 16BP
defense curl 16BP
foresight 16BP
headbutt 24BP
helping hand 24BP
detect 24BP
endeavor 24BP
trick 24BP
icy wind 32BP
shadow sneak 32BP
pay day 32BP
metal burst 32BP
barrier 32BP
dynamicpunch 40BP
seed bomb 40BP
heat wave 40BP
fake out 40BP
low kick 40BP
zap cannon 64BP
zen headbutt 64BP
superpower 64BP
outrage 64BP
encore 64BP
selfdestruct 80BP
hydro pump 80BP
earth power 80BP
guillotine 80BP
aura sphere 80BP

Whoa cool info. Thanks!

The Lv1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina aren't so special anymore.

Great...Guillotine tutor...that means more Pokes in the Battle Frontier will have access to it. =\

selfdestruct 80BP
aura sphere 80BP
hydro pump 80BP
shadow sneak 32BP
metal burst 32BP
encore 64BP
these moves get special mention,im suprised at aura sphere being a tutorable move.glad to see self destruct returning.

thanks for the info.

Mario With Lasers

Fascinating, Aura Sphere, Encore and Selfdestruct have tutors, just as I thought. Wish, Rapid Spin and Tri Attack are not (as far as we know), but getting two out of five can't be that bad, right...

Lol, Encore Blissey / Aura Sphere Gengar / Shadow Sneak Scizor / Zap Cannon Machamp. We're doomed.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
encore would mean subCM sweepers cannot beat bliss, so breaking stall could be much more difficult
EDIT: that move tutor list is fake

i expected that this is most likely fake.only time will tell through.while its most likely a fake,some of those moves could be there in the true HGSS move tutor list.

No, the Pal Park is in Fuchsia.

No wait nevermind you're right. Looks like I was right the whole time ~__~
Just to quote the last post Arael did.

Arael, did you receive your game yet? If so, is the synching of the pokewalker thing true?

Mewtwo at level 70 is disappointing because that means next years VGC, which is Ubers, will either be level 100 or ban mewtwo, both are bad.

Mario With Lasers

My order is still being prepared, unfortunately.

And lol, Bugsy's team hadn't changed a BIT. At most, it gained one or two levels. Fuck. At least Metapod and Kakuna learn Iron Defense and Bug Bite now... They might even give a challenge this time.

Mewtwo at level 70 is disappointing because that means next years VGC, which is Ubers, will either be level 100 or ban mewtwo, both are bad.
Unless they have an auto-level feature for wireless battles!

EDIT:

Ok who the fuck cares about Bugsy's roster, this totally compensates the cocoons lol

Just to quote the last post Arael did.

Arael, did you receive your game yet? If so, is the synching of the pokewalker thing true?

May be Heartgold/Soulsilver will have auto-level. Doubtful, but it could happen.

I don't see what is wrong with Level 100, I mean, the only reason they put all these legends in is because they are not trying to push old product that no one can get right now.

I am hoping all sprites got re-worked. I HATE some of the dppt sprites. Like... Swampert, what a croak of shit that was.

Croconaw with 32/57 HP;
Croconaw with 12/57 HP;
Full HP????

Looks like Metapod and Kakuna have quite a punch this time around. It's not possible they did so much damage with Tackle and Poison Sting only.

(now why didn't he/she used his/her Zubat, is beyond me)
I'm ok with the level raise (Note: I've never played the original G/S/C series)
But seriously o_O lvl 15 kakuna and Metapod is beyond me D; seriously. Ok...Some bug catchers and galatic idiots are worse with lvl 19 wurmples/caccoons. Atleast they'll have bugbite (hopefully) now.......

Also: Roost's the TM from first gym after all uh? Good choice gamefreak ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)