@Lumberry/Lefties
Jolly nature (+Speed, -Sp. Att)
Ability: Battlearmor/Sniper
Evs: 252 HP/42 Att/216 Speed
>T-spikes
>Taunt
>Crunch/Nightslash
>EQ

This set's awesome(Tested it myself. And still using it :)). Taunt is the key of this set. It shuts down almost any set-up lead. Jolly + 216 speed EVs are used to outspeed Roserade whilst T-spikes are for set-ups. T-spikes are great since less and less poison types are being used (In my fights that is. Except Roserade and lately venasaur and rarely a nidoqueen) Dark + Ground gives good coverage. The difference between Nightslash or Crunch depends on which Ability you want: Either Sniper with Nightslash if you feel lucky or Battle Armor with Crunch. Lumberry or Lefties depends on what you want: Lumberry is for helping against Yawn, or sleeppowder + Scarf from roserade, or just random status. Whilst Lefties give somewhat more bulk. Not sure 'bout EVs though except the speed EVs
No opinion? D:

Hey, thanks!
This is my first set, and I'm glad someone liked it!
I will try some damage calculations, and post them in a minute.
I've tried it on PBR, it definetly does work. People mindlessly assume Rhyperior has Solid Rock. Gyarados is definetly the better partner, so that Rhyperior can use EQ without hitting your partner. Tried and tested, it's a good set. Nice one!

I've tried it on PBR, it definetly does work. People mindlessly assume Rhyperior has Solid Rock. Gyarados is definetly the better partner, so that Rhyperior can use EQ without hitting your partner. Tried and tested, it's a good set. Nice one!
Awesome!
I love all the positive reinforcement! :heart:
Here are some damage calculations:
Earthquake on Min HP/Def T-tar
Damage: 79.18% - 93.26% (a OHKO with SR damage)
Earthquake on min HP/Def Heatran (standard life orb set)
Damage: 172.76% - 203.10% (a Easy OHKO)
Stone Edge on Bulky Gyra
Damage: 35.08% - 41.16% (a 2HKO with SR)

EDIT: Tell me if anyone wants more calcs!

I tend to think that a "revenge killer" is a waste of a team slot, but whatever. As you pointed out, the only thing that Azelf has over Gengar is 5 more base speed, allowing it to beat Latias, which works fine. I guess if your team has a HUGE problem with ScarfLatias, you could run this set; however, in almost every other situation, a Scarf Gengar (Or Latias, but I'm going to compare to Gengar) would be better. Gengar has better STAB, better SpAtk, better typing, as well as access to everything Azelf does, minus Fire Blast and Ice Punch. To add on top of all this is the fact that Gengar only needs to invest in SpAtk. Basically, Azelf can benefit a team, but in general, a Scarf Gengar would do a lot more. Feel free to prove me wrong. I've been trying to find a useful Mixed Azelf set for ages.

In the neww egg moves that have been released so far for hg/ss i came across misdreavus with nasty plot.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
timid 252spatk 252speed
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Hp fire (for scizor)
Thunderbolt

Looks like shes gonna see more usage when hg/ss comes out.

Edit:Sorry bout posting something from hg/ss i did not read the rules

I think a cooler set for Missy would be:

Set Name: NP Missy
Mismagius@ Lefties/Life Orb
Levitate
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
~Nasty Plot
~Protect
~Shadow Ball
~HP Fire

Well, this set allows you to beat Scizor 1 vs. 1 all the time Protect scouts the Scizor. If they Pursuit, stay in and attack. If they Bullet Punch, switch out. Easy. Nasty Plot is the boosting move, while Shadow Ball is for STAB.

Not the greatest, but it's cool.

Here are some damage calculations:
Earthquake on Min HP/Def T-tar
Damage: 79.18% - 93.26% (a OHKO with SR damage)
Earthquake on min HP/Def Heatran (standard life orb set)
Damage: 172.76% - 203.10% (a Easy OHKO)
Stone Edge on Bulky Gyra
Damage: 35.08% - 41.16% (a 2HKO with SR)

EDIT: Tell me if anyone wants more calcs!
Opinions?

Pokemon Name:Blaziken

Moveset Name:Baton Pass Blaziken
Move 1:Baton pass
Move 2:Swords Dance
Move 3:Agility
Move 4:Superpower/Flare Blitz
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Blaze
Nature(s):Careful
EVs: Ordered 252/0/79/0/79/100

Description:The Idea of this set is for Blaziken is to be bulky enough to set up an SD and Agility then to baton pass to a Choiced Physical Sweeper. Superpower/Flare Blitz are for Attacking in case you get taunted. This Works Particularly well on Things like Kingler and Ursaring who have high attack but lacking speed.

Description:The Idea of this set is for Blaziken is to be bulky enough to set up an SD and Agility then to baton pass to a Choiced Physical Sweeper. Superpower/Flare Blitz are for Attacking in case you get taunted. This Works Particularly well on Things like Kingler and Ursaring who have high attack but lacking speed.
You don't want to Baton Pass to a Choiced poke,
because they can switch to something immune/resistant.
maybe a Life Orb Flygon.
EDIT: Other then that, it's pretty good.

In the neww egg moves that have been released so far for hg/ss i came across misdreavus with nasty plot.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
timid 252spatk 252speed
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Hp fire (for scizor)
Thunderbolt

Looks like shes gonna see more usage when hg/ss comes out.
A Nasty Plot LO Thunderbolt has a decent shot at OHKOing Scizor as it is, and HP Fighting allows you to OHKO nearly all Tyranitar after a single boost.

It is worth noting that HP Fighting prevents you from running 31 Speed IVs. Missy is right in the thick of all those speed breakpoints in that 100-110 base stat range. Might be worth running some damage calcs to see if NP gives Missy enough punch to finally be rid of that problem. My guess is that HP Fighting is still probably the way to go, though.

Right, I didn't mean to imply that HP Fire was the way to go. I was only suggesting that it might be good to have a moveset that eschews a speed-lowering Hidden Power entirely. For example, NP/Sub/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball. That set has serious issues with Tyranitar (you have to get rid of the sandstorm if you want to 2HKO with +2 Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock), but it hits most other stuff pretty hard.

Basically, the Sub-CM and "Calm Mind + 3 attacks" sets from the analysis can now say "Calm Mind/Nasty Plot" for that slot. It's not really a huge innovation.

sub cm is better than sub NP IMO. Np+three attacks is better imo though.

I would also run hp fighting, as ttar is a bigger threat than scizor, who you can ko with t-bolt, and he will just bp anyways

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
As of right now, until the HGSS moves have been added to Shoddy Battle, the HGSS additions are off-limits in this thread.

Moveset Name: Guts
~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Stone Edge
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Ordered 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

This a surprise Machamp.
Everyone expects either no guard, or choiced.
here are some damage calculations.

Close Combat on 252/12 Metagross
Damage: 70.88% - 83.24%
Close Combat on 0/252/176 Blissy
Damage: 192.52% - 226.48%
Stone Edge on 0/4/0 Gyrados
Damage: 66.77% - 78.85% (with Intimidate) a OHKO 1/4 of the time (with Stealth rock)

Definitely use Flare Blitz over Superpower. You pass the stat drops from Superpower. Interesting set, but I think this is done better by something like Scizor or especially Gliscor, both of which are bulky and the latter of which has access to Taunt.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Definitely use Flare Blitz over Superpower. You pass the stat drops from Superpower. Interesting set, but I think this is done better by something like Scizor or especially Gliscor, both of which are bulky and the latter of which has access to Taunt.
Unless this is meant for UU?

It doesn't matter what tier you are in, lowering your defense and attack and then having to pass those drops is a terrible idea. Flare Blitz is definitely more useful, especially if you throw a pinch berry on Blaziken.
I think he meant comparing to Gliscor and Scizor in terms of UU.

~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Stone Edge

This a surprise Machamp.

Stone Edge on 0/4/0 Gyrados
Damage: 66.77% - 78.85% (with Intimidate) a OHKO 1/4 of the time (with Stealth rock)
No opinions?

No opinions?
Stone Edge Seems a little redundant with both thunder and Ice punch. Why stone edge with 80% accuracy when you can thunderpunch 4x SE with 100 accuracy. Ice punch will probably still 2HKO zapdos which would be your only other that you would use stone edge for.

I'd go with Fire Punch so you don't HAVE to use Close Combat and lower your defenses on steels like scizor. Payback doesn't really fit in with the idea of the set.

Unless this is meant for UU?
You know I was trying to look at who would be a good baton pass recipitant from Blaziken in UU and I couldn't really an excellent one. Guts Hariyama, Drapion and Azumarill, were the best ones I could think of just because they can take a priority hit or take the hit on the baton pass and their movepools are acceptable especially with 4 slots available. Might have to invest in some speed for azumarill.

OK thanks I'll fix that
Originally Posted by Fat graves

~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Fire Punch

This a surprise Machamp.

OK thanks I'll fix that
Originally Posted by Fat graves

~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Fire Punch

This a surprise Machamp.

Not really gonna take time to go in-depth on why this would have a hard time competatively, but why would you use Fire Punch? Close Combat, assuming it is neutral, hits everything bar Forretress and Scizor harder than a super effective Fire Punch. In that slot, Payback or even Bullet Punch would be a lot more useful, the former hitting defensive Ghosts and Psychics relatively hard on the switch, and the latter being able to kill the likes of Mamoswine and Gengar (after a bit of residual damage, stick with Payback though).

Machamp should also run some Speed EVs. Being revenge killed by Skarmory sucks, especially since Machamp 2HKOs it with a Guts Close Combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)