Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. In the move facade, when the user has a status the power is doubled, the stab is calculated over the 70 base power or over the 140 of the status?!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I have a question. In the move facade, when the user has a status the power is doubled, the stab is calculated over the 70 base power or over the 140 of the status?!
It does not matter.
ex.
70+stab(*1.5) = 105
stab facade 105*2 = 210

facade+status(*2) = 140
statused facade(140)+stab(*1.5) = 210

Hi smogon, long time reader first time poster.
I have an Azelf level level 60 that has incorrect EVs When I use him in the Battle tower his stats are obviously scaled down to what his stats would be in level 50. (obviously) If I were to erase all his EVs and start again training him correctly, would I see the difference in battle tower? or would his stats remain the same rgardles?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Hi smogon, long time reader first time poster.
I have an Azelf level level 60 that has incorrect EVs When I use him in the Battle tower his stats are obviously scaled down to what his stats would be in level 50. (obviously) If I were to erase all his EVs and start again training him correctly, would I see the difference in battle tower? or would his stats remain the same rgardles?
you would see a change in his stats at level 50
Any speed checkpoints? Will a 20 speed IV, for example, outspeed something major?
If you are using 0 ev's, than you will outspeed anything with a lower base speed than 80, that are using 0 ev's(mostly walls). Nothing in particular though(that I can think of).

I just hatched what I perceive to be a good Impish Tangela for competitive:

HP: 31
Atk: 31
Def: 31
Sp.A: 29
Sp.D: 29
Sp: 8

How I wish that Sp. Attack and Speed IVs were reversed, but oh well. My question to anyone familiar with Tangrowth is, should that low Speed IV make me consider breeding another one? If it helps, the moveset I'm using is the standard defensive:

Chlorophyll: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Def

Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Knock Off
Power Whip

Is a high speed IV important for Tangrowth?

Since Scyther/Scizor can only have Swarm in 3rd gen, if I RNG breed one in Emerald, there's no way of knowing (without hacking it or using save states) if it will arrive in D/P/Pt with the desired Technician ability, right?

Thank you Age of Kings. I just wanted to make sure...

Misdreavus, I believe you are correct. You can't know the PID of the Scyther, and thus if it has ability0 or ability1 (which would change to Technician upon evolving in Sinnoh), without hacking. I'm not 100% sure though, so hopefully someone else can confirm that for you.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
@graves: I would probably post in the 2v2 subforum, since you can't really put two Pokemon in the analysis subforum. I'm not entirely sure, though, so don't quote me on it.

If I'm in the middle of chaining a Pokémon that has a 40% appearance percentage in the area and I screw up, is there a 60% chance that my chain will break and I'll get another Pokémon, or is there a 100% chance?

For that matter, what Pokémon would be the easiest to chain to get some shinies so I can calculate my SID? I've heard swarms are easy, and if the above example is in fact 60%, then I'd imagine it would be the Pokémon/route that has the highest appearance percentage of any Pokémon on any route, right?

I was wondering, is it only possible to get certain IVs/Nature combinations when breeding with certain IDs and SIDs or can you get any IV/Nature combination with any ID and SID?

Can someone provide me the list of proper (legit for Shoddy) IVs for Bold natured Celebi that wants to have a 70 BP HP Fire? I've tried putting in bunch of calculated IVs for the 70 BP HP Fire, but none would ever surfaced as legit on Shoddy. I'd appreciate anyone's help, be it even the tiniest amount, as this has been somewhat frustrating.

Thank you

Can someone provide me the list of proper (legit for Shoddy) IVs for Bold natured Celebi that wants to have a 70 BP HP Fire? I've tried putting in bunch of calculated IVs for the 70 BP HP Fire, but none would ever surfaced as legit on Shoddy. I'd appreciate anyone's help, be it even the tiniest amount, as this has been somewhat frustrating.

Thank you
Other than some stupid IV cuts like using an HP IV of 15, you can't get a perfect 70 HP Fire Celebi. Just go with the next best thing; using HP Fire with 68 BP by changing the Attack IV to 4.

Other than some stupid IV cuts like using an HP IV of 15, you can't get a perfect 70 HP Fire Celebi. Just go with the next best thing; using HP Fire with 68 BP by changing the Attack IV to 4.
Wait, 31 HP/4 Atk/31 Def/31 Spe/31 SAtk/31 SDef? I'm getting 68 BP, HP Dragon.

EDIT: Oh, you mean 31 HP/4 Atk/31 Def/30 Spe/30 SAtk/31 SDef, for 68 BP HP Fire.

I received a hacked Porygon-Z on Wi-fi with all 31's, because of this I'm not going to use it for battle.
But would it be wrong to use it as a parent to get a 31/x/x/31/x/31 Porygon?

I'm starting a breeding project for a BellyZard, and I need some help. What HP IV should I have for my Sub + Belly Drum to activate Salac Berry? I would aim for 30 but that's going to be a bit difficult. Would anything under 30 do the trick?

I received a hacked Porygon-Z on Wi-fi with all 31's, because of this I'm not going to use it for battle.
But would it be wrong to use it as a parent to get a 31/x/x/31/x/31 Porygon?
Yes.
I'm starting a breeding project for a BellyZard, and I need some help. What HP IV should I have for my Sub + Belly Drum to activate Salac Berry? I would aim for 30 but that's going to be a bit difficult. Would anything under 30 do the trick?
Assuming you are using the exact spread in the analysis, 22, 14, and 6 work, I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)