Approved by Kevin Garrett

The Forgotten OU Tournament

July Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics
Sign-up Thread
Round One
Round Two
Round Three

Introduction:

Hello, and welcome to The Forgotten OU Tournament! In this Tournament, the competitive battler's skill to respond to changes in the current metagame are tested. Test yourself among others in the brand new metagame that will be presented here!​

So, what is this 'forgotten OU'?
It's pretty simple actually: With the release of the July Shoddy Server Statistics in early August, the top 25 pokemon in usage in OU will be banned among the already banished Ubers. This drastic change will form a completley different metagame that you are going to test! (of course, a metagame that will only exist in this tournament)
With the expulsion of the OU staples, the forgotten will make their comback on the battling field, will it be the Underused of the Overused (like Cresselia, Heracross & Dusknoir among others) or the once-OU Underused (like Milotic, Weezing, Steelix and many more), not forgetting the classic Never Used pokemon that lost their usage. Other pokemon like Dragonite and Feraligatr will also see a lot of use, with their 'outclassing' counterparts out of the way.​

With the chaos inside this new tier, it will be up to the competitors to find the effective style of play, not to mention pokemon, to be victorious!​

And so, with the not-so-short introduction out of the way, let us begin with the Tournament!​

General Tournament Rules:

~This is a Single Elimination tournament.
~The top 25 pokemon in usage from the July Shoddy Server Statistics in OU are banned. They are not allowed under any circumstances.
~The Rotom formes that will not make the top 25 in OU usage are allowed.
~If for some reason the OU usage list changes, the banned pokemon list will remain the same until the next round. This holds true for any change that might happen.
~Battle logs are not a must, but it is reccomended that the winner will hold on to the log for proof of him winning if a situation appears.
~To avoid scouting, multiple teams are highly reccomended. If you must use a limited ammount of teams, at least try to keep the battle private.​

Battle Rules:

-Ubers and top 25 OU pokemon are banned.
-Evasion Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Self-KO Clause
-Species Clause
-Timed Battle

The following pokemon are banned: (pay close attention to the new list. New banned pokemon will be in Bold. New pokemon that can be now used will be in a different box)
Scizor
Salamence
Heatran
Gyarados
Latias
Tyranitar
Metagross
Lucario
Infernape
Jirachi
Gengar
Swampert
Blissey
Azelf
Starmie
Rotom-H
Gliscor
Vaporeon
Magnezone
Zapdos
Machamp
Kingdra
Breloom
Skarmory
Bronzong
The following pokemon are now un-banned:
Match-ups:

(Xianglongfa vs Flashstorm1) vs ReyScarface
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315
Stone cold22 vs SilentEcho

Deadline:

--September 22th--

Deadline for extended matches:

--September 18th--

Additional Information:

This deadline should give you enough time to test your teams along with getting your matches done! Get in touch with your opponent even today and arrange a day to battle. Exuses such as "I didn't have enough time" will not be acceptable unless I see a reason why. You have enough time to build, test and battle with your teams, even those that like to slack off.
If a player doesn't post here nor gets in touch with his opponent (and his opponent alerts me of it), and if this continues on (and will be the inactive of the pair), he will likely lose due to inactivity. So - be active and arrange battles! Send PM's left and right! Do whatever you can to get your battle done on time.

Good luck and have fun!

Farmer

But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315
Stone cold22 vs SilentEcho Knew this was coming Gl.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Without Skarm ill have to do a whole new team fack.
Whatever gl to everyone.

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

(Xianglongfa vs Flashstorm1) vs ReyScarface He's good o.o
Dachickens vs Fuzznip Without hax, Fuzznip should take it.
Twash vs Latios315 English pride =DD
Stone cold22 vs SilentEcho I guess?

Dachickens vs Fuzznip

I saw latios315 online earlier and PMed him, but unfortunately he didn't read the PM before going offline. Doesn't really matter though - we're both active and I have full confidence that the match will get done.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Meh, him and I played yesterday,a nd then we got matched today. So I had to use my less superior team so I wouldn't be counterteamed. And 2 crits and a speed tie later, I lose 2-0.

People hate me, but that life. God Game.

Farmer

But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, him and I played yesterday,a nd then we got matched today. So I had to use my less superior team so I wouldn't be counterteamed. And 2 crits and a speed tie later, I lose 2-0.

People hate me, but that life. God Game.
Only one matter but good game anyways.

(Xianglongfa vs Flashstorm1) vs ReyScarface argh to hard to decide
Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

lol, I see Fuzznip a lot on various different forms of communication, so this shouldn't be too hard to do.

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315 <-- ahaha this exact same pairing happened in my tourney for the current round; isn't this the second time Twash has gotten the same pairing in both my tourney and your tourney?

Twash vs Latios315 <-- ahaha this exact same pairing happened in my tourney for the current round; isn't this the second time Twash has gotten the same pairing in both my tourney and your tourney?
I honestly don't know why this is happening. Maybe the random generator isn't really original or something... ?

Anyway, updating.

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Dachickens vs Fuzznip
Twash vs Latios315

Fuzznip and I have talked on IRC, it might take a couple of days since I have a busy schedule, plus both of us have to make new teams due to Skarm's banning xD

Following up on dachickens, I have a couple of tests coming up to study for, and I do have to make a new team, so I'll probably be ready by Saturday possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)