Sweet People Only Rock Kakuna (SPORK) Tourney - REGISTRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im also cool for not allowing as some people call 'Nobodies" in the tourney. All it will do is slow down the tourney. Im also cool with doing Round Robin but I think it would be much easier just skimming it to 64 to make it easier.

I think i prefer round robin finals.

Most people like/love this tourney idea, cause it's new, cool and unique.
Or y not world cup strat, round robin start, with knockout finals :P

And in the case of a draw, let those 2 which had a draw fight each other again. If it's 3 people with a draw, then it'll be

Assuming those 3 people are A,B,C.
A fights B
B fights C
C fights A

The one with the most wins goes through.

Note: Just my 2pence. I'm quite cool with any idea, just giving suggestions.

Round Robin finals > Byes. I like Moxom's idea (round robin start, after that single elim.) because everyone can battle more than just once (if it's single elim), even though this idea is probably much more complicated and troublesome to work with.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Mizuno said:
Round Robin finals > Byes. I like Moxom's idea (round robin start, after that single elim.) because everyone can battle more than just once (if it's single elim), even though this idea is probably much more complicated and troublesome to work with.
thats nice and all, but i dont feel like waiting a month for round 2

Moxom said:
Assuming those 3 people are A,B,C.
A fights B
B fights C
C fights A

The one with the most wins goes through.
But if each player gets one win, the scores determine the winner, right?

WaterBomb said:
EDIT2: Due to interest, I increased the spots to 128. I hope we can make it there you guys, tell your friends! I'd really hate to have to turn like 30 people down...Also alphabetized the banned moves list. Everyone please refer to some of my posts in this thread to clarify rules.
Meh...I alphabetized first :p

Anyway, just have a 96-person tournament, then have round-robin finals. What you do, get 3 people in the finals, then have each play another. If it is 1-1-1, everyone plays the other again, and so on.

If you are new and signing up for this tourney I suggest posting your nb nick...I think all tourneys should follow that rule at least

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright y'all, 3 more spots left! I will accept a few substitutes if people still want to play, however, so don't be shy! I guarantee I'll need them :).

Also, just a heads up to everyone: I am going to be STRICT with my deadlines. This means that there will be ONE deadline per round. None of this pushing back crap. If you don't make the deadline (and you haven't made arrangements with me) you will be disqualified. I will take care to be on as often as I can, in case you are being good and it's your opponent that isn't showing up. But please people, if you sign up, try to get your battles done. Once we hit 96 I will do my best to start the topic as soon as I can. Keep your eyes open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)