Fighting Glory

So I've been using this team for a while now, and I've really grown to like its style. However, I believe it could use the great advice Smogon has to offer here.

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

I really like Roserade leads. It survives any attempt to kill it off as well as set up a quick Sleep and T-Spikes. I LOVE it when Swampert or Metagross leads, as I'm faster and get to set up atleast one layer of Spikes. If it's a lead Azelf or Infernape usually I'll have to switch, which means I get to use her later to absorb opposing Toxic Spikes. This function alone has netted me many wins on my Raikou team, so why not use it here? More often then not, Scizor is a switch in to her so HP Fire is my choice instead of Ground.
---
Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Machamp functions both as a status absorber and as a lure for the next pokemon on this team. So many Gliscor or Salamence switch ins are absolutely destroyed by a quick Ice Punch. Gliscor is actually the main reason I'm packing Ice Punch instead of, say, Payback. If I have SR up, Gliscor is OHKO'd by Ice Punch. If Lucario isn't my last pokemon, usually Machamp is and survives thanks to Rest-Talking.
---
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed

Clean up. Lucario finishes everything off once Machamp has cleared the way. I'm almost considering Crunch over Stone Edge as Rotom-A gives this team a LOT of trouble so far, and Machamp and Starmie are both supposed to be killing everything Stone Edge is meant to hit anyway.
---
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Clean up #2. Starmie is my answer to the current metagame's "bulky offense" nature, as he blasts through Salamence, Infernape, Heatran, Latias and others (non-scarfed of course). Most Infernapes and Latias I see are Lead/Life Orbed (respectively), so its quite easy to beat those. Starmie can also force Scarftran to switch, which usually means the counter will be poisoned, take stealth rock damage, and eat a boosted Hydro Pump. Also, Starmie can act as a scout for Lucario as it lures out revenge killers (such as Scarf Gengar and the like) so I can counter them as I see fit. Hydro Pump is used for sheer power over Surf, as it has a chance at killing Scizor in one shot. It also nails Swampert and Rotom-A quite hard with a Life Orb boost.
---
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/54 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I needed something to absorb electric attacks and set up Stealth Rock for the team, and Swampert felt too vulnerable as an opener due to Sash or Sleeper leads out there. This is my main answer to Heatran and Scizor so far, as he acts as the "glue" of the team so far as he isn't easily OHKO'd, revenged or takes much damage from everything save the rare HP Grass Heatran or Energy Ball Gengar.
---
Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Overheat

Pro anti-spinner and crippler, which this team needs in order for residual damage to build up quickly. Rotom-H has saved my ass against so many stall attempts thanks to Trick alone, and without it, this team would NOT farewell against Stall (even though its been a rare sight nowadays). Scizor and Metagross also can't do much to this guy, so I can revenge kill them using Overheat. HP Ground is used to revenge kill Scarf Heatran, who I've actually seen more than any Scizor recently. This is another "glue" that helps my team.
---

This team has a great deal of trouble against most leads and Rotom-A. Any suggestions or replacements are greatly appreciated.

I highly suggest adding crunch to Lucario,
or Shadow ball over HP ground (probably the latter)
because you do not have a single dark/Shost move on the team!That gives you some big weakness's.

other then that, good team, keep up the good work!
(and if you want, rate my team -points to signature-)

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
May i suggest Rotom-W over Rotom-H? Overheat's all in all pretty predictable. With Hydro Pump, you aren't totally hopeless against TTar, and can still kill a 4/0 Naive ScarfTran. This would also give you room for Shadow Ball.

EDIT: My team doesn't have a single rock attack. So? Swampert and Machamp are solid scizor checks. Besides, everybody knows when rotom's going to overheat.

I like Roar/Protect over Surf on Swampert, as water just gives him pretty much no extra coverage at all.

Stone Edge is usually my favorite choice on Machamp. You can't beat Gliscor anymore, but it hits more stuff than Ice Punch does, and you can pound Gyarados really hard.

Crunch over Stone Edge on Lucario, every time. Otherwise you are beaten very easily by non-scarf Rotom.

Shadow Ball over HP on Rotom.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)