King of the penguins, my OU oddball team!

This is my team for OU, and testing it, it seems to work pretty well. Id like some advice for some better pokemon, or different EV spreads, thanks, in advance.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Pressure
252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp

Taunt
Fire Fang
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

In my experiences, Aerodactyl is the best lead out there, maybe only beaten by TrickAchi. He first turn taunts, to get rid of the sleep powder or spore aimed at him, or from silly leads that try to get a quick swords dance then baton pass. Shuts the lead down, sets up stealth rock and either survives a hit, or gets a free turn because they switched. A very simple lead that is even easier to execute successfully.

Forretress @ Chesto Berry
Impish
Sturdy
252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpD.

Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rest
Explosion

My version of forretress. I use spikes and toxic spikes because this team is based around lots of entry hazards. Toxic spikes is needed for my late game sweeper, but spikes is just there to give a helping hand. This forretress is very bulky, and with rest and a chesto berry, I can usually get 2 layers of toxic spikes, and 1-3 layers of spikes because of rest. Explosion is just a great move to put a dent in something.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish
Pressure
252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Atk

Gravity
Dynamic Punch
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split

When I was creating this team, I had just finished making my stealth rocker and spiker, and then I realized I needed a spin blocker. I was a little sad, because that spin blocker would take up space. But this spin blocker is worth 2 slots. It struck me how perfectly gravity accompanied blocking rapid spin, their team is now fully weak to all my entry hazards, and my Dynamic punch is going to wreack havoc! Dusknoir fits perfectly with his ability to block rapid spin, and continue making things weak to my deadly spikes. Dynamic punch for confusion. Confusion/Poison/Power of dynamic punch = A load of pain for even the most dedicated physical wall. Shadow Sneak is great for finishing off weakened pokemon, or for killing that pesky gengar that thinks he can shadow ball me! Tsk Tsk gengar.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
252 Def, 80 SpA, 176 SpD

Charm
Soft Boiled
Blizzard
Calm Mind

My twist on an old classic. I combined CMBliss and Charm bliss to make this devastating monster. I send Blissey out on a special attacker, charm the physical attacker coming in, then CM on the switch. Very simple. And If theyre out of physical attackers? They lose. Blizzard is used to check dragons, without sending out my late game sweeper, and is very acurate due to gravity. Using charm on Blissey makes people switch so much they want to blow their brains out... which is what I was going for.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Hp

Thunder Bolt
Surf
Draco Meteor
Recover

A standard Latias that you see just about everywhere. I want everything on this team to be VERY bulky, and this guy can take a hit. He is really fast at 350 speed and can revenge kill and cause switches with ease. Thunder bolt kills gyarados, Draco Meteor kills.... well, almost everything that doesnt resist it, and surf is just a great move for coverage, and to kill infernape, which so far kills lots of my pokemon.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest
Torrent
252 Spa, 4 Hp, 252 Speed

Surf
Ice Beam
Substitute
Agility

Ohh, at last...The king of the penguins. This set literally rips everything to shreads. +1 Torrent surf has indescribeable power, and since im sitting at 400ish speed, I will be able to keep firing them off. Unlike some Sub-Berry sweepers, Empoleon isnt weak to priority, except for mach punch. This has quickly worked its ranks to number one favorite pokemon, and wil stay their for a while. With all the team support this guy has gotten, he tears teams apart.

Thats my team! I hope you will rate, or give me a suggestion or two. Thanks!!!

Just having 1 gravity user is a little bit of a waste,
unless the whole team revolves around it.
and, toss fire fang for eartquake on aero,
otherwise you have nothing to do V.S
Inernape/Heatran Leads.

I think so,
if you want acuuracy over power you can switch too
rock slide and earthquake (instead of stone edge and earthquake)
but deffenitely Earthquake.

I have always found Stone Edge to be inferior to Rock Slide on Aerodactyl, simply because Dactyl can't afford to miss. Earthquake is without a doubt the other attack he should have (along with Stealth Rocks and Taunt).

Rest and Explosion on Forretress are contradictory. If you're using him to set up Spikes, you should only have one. I think the two best sets for Forretress are RestTalk/Spikes/Toxic Spikes or Toxic Spikes/Payback/Rapid Spin/Explosion. The former set lasts a long time and can almost always set up 5 layers of Spikes, however he is incredible setup bait and will open a lot of holes in your team. The latter set is more standard, with Explosion being a free move that you could replace with Spikes or Rest if you wanted. The second set gives you more late-game use for him as a Rapid Spinner, as well as having Payback to kill the most common spin-blocker in the format, Rotom.

With Dusknoir as your ONLY Gravity setup, you should not have any moves on any other pokemon that rely upon Gravity. In fact, you probably shouldn't have Gravity at all. Like Trick Room, or Rain Dance to a slightly lesser extent, these moves are only worthwhile when you have a team dedicated to setting them up and abusing them. As it is, you're simply using Graivty to justify an otherwise subpar selection of attacks like Dynamic Punch and Blissey's Blizzard. In general, Rotom makes a FAR more effective spin-blocker.

I would replace Dusknoir with Scarf Rotom-H. He acts both as a great spin-blocker, who wields Thunderbolt for Starmie (and Gyarados), Overheat for Forretress (and Scizor and Lucario, who both otherwise do serious numbers on you), and Trick for crippling random set-up things like Blissey or Hippowdon.

Your Blissey ingenuity is interesting, but unfortunately too late. A very common anti-Blissey technique these days is Trick, slapping it with a Choice Scarf (or Specs, even). Your Blissey is helpless against this, and you have no way to protect it from Toxic Spikes, Taunt, and other such things. Calm Minding is generally better performed by Latias who has the bulk and offensive stats/move pool to make better use of it. I would instead use a more standard Blissey set; probably an Aromatherapy build since noone else on your team has any status protection. (In fact, this would make Forretress with Payback, TSpikes, Rapid Spin, Rest even better).

Oh, and fix the EVs on Empoleon. 252/252 is not the optimal spread for the SubPetaya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)