Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading a few days back in this thread that someone got a Grass Knot TM via Pickup, I decided to import some cloned high level Linoones from Emerald to do some tests with Pickup. These were the results I got:

L52: Escape Rope, Full Heal, Hyper Potion, Ultra Ball, Revive, Rare Candy, Sun Stone, Moon Stone, Heart Scale, Iron Ball, TM 56 (Fling)
L71: Hyper Potion, Ultra Ball, Revive, Rare Candy, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Heart Scale, Full Restore, Max Revive, Elixir, TM 86 (Grass Knot)
L91: Revive, Rare Candy, Sun Stone, Moon Stone, Heart Scale, Full Restore, Max Revive, PP Up, Max Elixir, TM 26 (Earthquake)

There should be another 1% chance item at L91, probably Leftovers, but after confirming TM 26 I felt like taking a break.

This list looks very similar to the DPPt Pickup table, so it's probably safe to assume they took the table and simply replaced some of the items, so that people couldn't get Dusk Stones before the National Dex via Pickup for example.

Any of Houndoom's attacks kills all my guys in one shot unless they are tanked.

These are not fancy natures either folks, it's just random catches.

Is the Salamence physical or special? If it has Dragon Dance, I will just quit right here and now.

And btw, If I am Level mid-60 or so, screw Lance. I'll beat up Red's stupid face right now. I didn't get through the d/p Elite four with a Level 45 team that is all weak to Earthquake for nothing. Did I mention I only has 5 Pokemon too?
Flamethrower kills your Machamp? Sorry, but maybe you just should have either A)Caught better natures, or B)Raised your pokemon more.

Salamence knows Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, and Rest.

DPPt Elite Four honestly doesn't compare to Lance's second team, it is a joke how much more powerful his team is than Cynthia's, with no set up fodder as his lead either(Salamence leads). Lance's team is as follows:

Salamence lv 72
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Claw
-Rest

Gyarados lv 68
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance

Garchomp lv 72
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roar

Altaria lv 73
-Perish Song
-Dragonbreath
-Double Team
-Hyper Beam

Charizard lv 68
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Claw
-Hyper Beam

Dragonite lv 75
-Fire Blast
-Safeguard
-Draco Meteor
-Hyper Beam

Have fun with his Gyarados and Garchomp, expect to use Full Restores on Gyarados and Altaria, as paralysis will ruin you.

I think I got a really gimped way of doing it. It's doable, but one critical hit and it is back to the starting line.

I have an a lot of X-items with me. So what I plan to do is... use Luxray's Intimidate... a lot. After 3 times or so, it's time to send out Feraligatr and eat all of the those X-Attacks and X-Speeds, may be an X-accuracy to make sure he doesn't die due to a missed Ice Fang.

EDIT: lol, Salamence is holding a Lum Berry.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Flamethrower kills your Machamp? Sorry, but maybe you just should have either A)Caught better natures, or B)Raised your pokemon more.

Salamence knows Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, and Rest.

DPPt Elite Four honestly doesn't compare to Lance's second team, it is a joke how much more powerful his team is than Cynthia's, with no set up fodder as his lead either(Salamence leads). Lance's team is as follows:

Salamence lv 72
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Claw
-Rest

Gyarados lv 68
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance

Garchomp lv 72
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roar

Altaria lv 73
-Perish Song
-Dragonbreath
-Double Team
-Hyper Beam

Charizard lv 68
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Claw
-Hyper Beam

Dragonite lv 75
-Fire Blast
-Safeguard
-Draco Meteor
-Hyper Beam

Have fun with his Gyarados and Garchomp, expect to use Full Restores on Gyarados and Altaria, as paralysis will ruin you.
Someone has forgotten the technique of 4x effective ice moves on most of his guys.

Electric moves will handle the rest.

If you're at least level 60, with ice beam/blizzard, and maybe some decent stats/natures, you'll definitely be able to rape.

Only problem is speed. Get a fast attacker, and you'll be set.

Someone has forgotten the technique of 4x effective ice moves on most of his guys.

Electric moves will handle the rest.

If you're at least level 60, with ice beam/blizzard, and maybe some decent stats/natures, you'll definitely be able to rape.

Only problem is speed. Get a fast attacker, and you'll be set.
I was responding to the kids post. Obviously, most people know that ice is 4x super effective on dragonite, salamence, and garchomp. Problem is, he can't get past Karen, which was why I was telling him he will have problems with Lance even more. Your first sentence had a rude, displaced sense of sarcasm.

I was responding to the kids post. Obviously, most people know that ice is 4x super effective on dragonite, salamence, and garchomp. Problem is, he can't get past Karen, which was why I was telling him he will have problems with Lance even more. Your first sentence had a rude, displaced sense of sarcasm.
I should correct myself, it's a Houndoom that Ploted up, anything would die to that.

I'm using Dragonite right now, Salamence is paralyzed at full health (no rest), and he is out of Dragon Claws. :nerd:

4x X-Speeds, working on 6x X-Special, and get 2 X-accuracies to Draco Meteor will hit Gyarados without fail. Dragonite has Ice Beam btw.

EDIT: Popped him, he had 5 whooping full restores.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would assume any elite 4 is weak to lead Gyarados with Dragon Dance. I've used it on all my pokemon games. Salamence can't scratch Gyarados with dragon dance and full restore under your belt. Get it up to 5, and sweep his entire team with Waterfall and Ice Fang.

i was wondering should i get HG or SS
fyi i have ruby so i have groudon, latios, and rayquaza.
i was thinking about HG because then i can get kyogre and latias but i really want a 2nd latios

also if you transfer a groudon from ruby to HG and catch a kyogre from HG can you battle Rayquaza? cuz i read somewhere that the groudon and kyogre have to be from HG or SS

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
By the way, any word on any rival rematches?
Pretty sure it's the same as it was in GSC, you fight him outside of the Pokemon League on certain days (after meeting him at Mount Moon)

I haven't done much in Kanto since beating Red though, so I can't confirm that.

By the way, any word on any rival rematches?
Pokemon league, but also after mt. moon you can meet him at Dragon's den (Friday i think, because i did it today...so not sure if it's everyday) and have a 2vs2 battle teaming up with him against Lance and Clair, they have stronger pokemon (around 70).

Does anyone know if TM27 is still available with that event in Goldenrod department store (where the lady checks your Pokemon's happiness)?

Is it possible to capture Houndour before going to Kanto? I hated the fact that I had to use Vulpix if I didn't choose Cyndaquil as my fire type every time I played through Silver in GSC.

Any consensus yet on which version is "better"? Highly subjective I know, but I think that most people would probably recommend Diamond over Pearl for instance (Platinum aside of course). Or is it too soon to tell?

Any consensus yet on which version is "better"? Highly subjective I know, but I think that most people would probably recommend Diamond over Pearl for instance (Platinum aside of course). Or is it too soon to tell?
I haven't played it, but based on the Exclusive Pokemon in each, HG looks better imo.

But I like having fire-types. :P It's an in-game thing, I suppose.
Much like me, really. Well, I be startin' with Cyndaquil, so it be not matterin' to me. But, Vulpix be not yer only option. There be Flareon. Evolution stones be available pre-elite 4 in HG/SS, and that be includin' the Fire Stone.

Thar currently be research undergone- some people be thinkin' Houndour be a Safari Zone Pokémon, much the way of Murkrow and Misdreavus.

Oh, and happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day, mateys!

I guess I'll be trading some of my HG team to Platinum for Pre E4 training since the lack of the VS Seeker kills me. And I have better access of training there(Battleground, E4 etc) along with buckets of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)