Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NP Missy is a beast. Many bulkier pokes like Arcanine that used to be able to switch into CM, survive the hit, and OHKO back are now OHKO'd.

Anyone played around with Recover Quagsire in UU? I'm about to try him out.

Edit: Ah, I see I had to look no further then the last page to find a Curse set. I'll try a standard tank first I think.

Looks like I will be bringing back Scarf Drapion with Pursuit as my revenge killer. Back when Missy was number 1 in UU usage it was easily the all star on the team getting revenge KO's and occasionally getting a late game sweep.

And as someone who had looked into getting the sharpedo lead into the analysis, it looks like I will need to finish my long neglected Sharpedo update.

Oh yeah:
Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 58 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Extremespeed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Scarf Drapion is THE worst set Drapion could ever run. There are much more effective ways of dealing with Mismaggy/ Rotom.
Yeah.
Skuntank is a better Scarfer than Drapion even if it's not his best set too.

On a note: i'm gonna run a Stockpile Camerupt to see if it's any good on him.

Stockpile
Rest
Toxic
Lava Plume/Earth Power

Why is there no notched ear pichu? I wanted to use him as a baton pass recipent.

Okay, I've only done a few battles so far, but I'll list my opinions on the six UUs I think are doing the best. . Later, I'll post my final UU opinions, and start Ubers.

Aggron: Oh my god this thing is so much fun! I love it I love it I love it. It KICKS ASS

Sharpedo: This guy fails with Super Fang + Brine. Even most walls can KO it on the superfang turn.

Crawdaunt: He almost never set up, but when he does, watch out! :)

Mismagius: I thought everyone would overprepare for this guy, and he would suck. But I was wrong. Although aggron breaks the game wide open, this one is my MVP. Sweeps anygame...as long as crawdaunt or Feraligatr doesn't first!

Feraligatr: He's doing pretty good. With leichi, torrent, and a swords dance under his belt, aqua jet can sweep.

Honchkrow: With Brave Bird, this thing is amazing. Better than drill peck. He's an emo bird, go suicidal anyway. Doing upwards of 60% to milotic is nice.

it could just be because people dont know about the changes yet, but NP Sub Missy is doing really well. I'm running Shadow Ball and Tbolt as my attacks.

Yeah.
Skuntank is a better Scarfer than Drapion even if it's not his best set too.

On a note: i'm gonna run a Stockpile Camerupt to see if it's any good on him.

Stockpile
Rest
Toxic
Lava Plume/Earth Power
The problem is, that Toxic stall is usually used to slowly kill the bulky waters, which Camerupt doesn't even dare to switch into. Maybe bulky grasses...But then again, most in UU are part poison anyway o.O, and Registeel's immune.....

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For Ho-Oh, is it better to replace Earthquake with Brave Bird on the Life Orb set??

So the set is:
Ho-oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs:
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

What do I miss coverage-wise now that I have BB on Ho-Oh?? (The only real one I can think of is Dialga, but they get 2HKO'd most of the time anyway)

For Ho-Oh, is it better to replace Earthquake with Brave Bird on the Life Orb set??

So the set is:
Ho-oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs:
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

What do I miss coverage-wise now that I have BB on Ho-Oh?? (The only real one I can think of is Dialga, but they get 2HKO'd most of the time anyway)
Heatran and Tyranitar.

Depends on your team. Ho-oh can stall Heatran, and sometimes Tyranitar with the help of a burn.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just implemented the HGSS move changes on the Smogon University server. Big thanks to Maverick Hunter for ripping all the data from the ROM's, and thanks to RB-Golbat and Colin for assembling the patch file.

I'm aware of the problems with the alternate Rotom forms. I'm looking into it right now.
Doug thanks man. I'm looking forward to testing this out tomorrow or as soon as im not busy.

My primary look: Head smash Aggron.

I'm playing around with Pain Split Forretress on a Stall-based Balance Empoleon Team in OU, but no concrete results thusfar. Anyone got anything to report on its efficacy?

I'm definitly gonna be running gengar in Ubers along with girantina. With all the Ho-Oh hype, theres gonna be a lot of spinning forretresses.

I'm not seeing shadow sneak girantina-o

I don't know whether this has been mentioned already, but I need to ask the question. How on earth does Nosepass/Probopass get Head Smash?

recover quagsire and headsmash Aggron just made UU Sandstorm a whole lot better, water absorption + recover makes quagsire a legitimate bulky water for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)