Issue #3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
However Tangerine's article was.... more about how Gimmicks don't work out, rather than how to use them. No examples, even.
Anyway, it was a great job, keep it up!
Yeah, I do apologize for that :P

I have this nasty habit of making my topic titles not relevant to the subject matter, ask anyone with a badge.

Heh, awesome issue, cover art was insane!
The RMTs were cool, although it would be pretty good to have an extra paragraph going into detail of the team's exploits, such as any tourneys won, or significant wins.

Now I've read most articles of the smog and I can say that the third issue of the smog is realy great. My favourites are the UU Metagame Analysis by Legacy Raider, Smogon Frontier and Tour Review and the interveiws with Atticus and Dark Lucario. Also the interview with Doug was realy great. Now I know something more about Doug :D

But at least the hole third issue of the smog is realy good, the RMTs are very good prepaid.

Maybe you can add a fun part in the next issues of the smog with the best and funniest quotes in the month.

I actually enjoyed this one a lot! I read the entier thing. Also, agreeing with everyone else on "The top 6..." being a very fun read.

Wow, this is the best issue yet IMO. My favorite section was the interview with DougJustDoug. The Top six disappointments list had some good laughs too.

Heh. Pretty interesting, as always. However, in the Featured Section, who is Rotom-A? I see no Rotom-A's around. If you meant someone else, could you correct it? Thanks.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Now I've read most articles of the smog and I can say that the third issue of the smog is realy great. My favourites are the UU Metagame Analysis by Legacy Raider, Smogon Frontier and Tour Review and the interveiws with Atticus and Dark Lucario. Also the interview with Doug was realy great. Now I know something more about Doug :D
I'm glad someone mentioned they liked to interview with Atticus. I thought this part was especially good: That's not to say the rest of the brains were pushovers though, a lot of my matches ended with the score of 1-0 and I have to say that there really were no "freebie" brains other than MoP who used some team consisting of 5 Water-types or something like that, lol.

I'm pleased with how this issue turned out. Cheers. :)

I think that was the best Smog issue so far, it was definitely the only one that has kept me interested the entire way through. Nice job!

While playing Pokémon Diamond, you have an Adamant Pokémon with the ability Synchronize in your lead slot. What are the chances of encountering an Adamant natured Pokémon ?

This was a tricky question where most people chose 50%; however, this is wrong! Even with an Adamant Synchronizer making 50% of the Pokémon you encounter Adamant, you still have a 4% random chance of finding an Adamant Pokémon . This makes the correct answer 54%.
This is completely wrong.

Synchronize gives you a 50% chance of matching nature and 50% chance of getting a random nature.

4%*50% = 2%, 2%+50% = 52% so the correct answer is 52, not 54%.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I just have a query. I won the Pokeomon trivia quiz for the last issue and the article announced that I had been the only person to get all answers correct? I wouldn't be surprised if I were the first person to get them correct (I had it done within minutes of release), but the only?

Chuckled at Revenankh's cameo. ... but seriously, I was surprised looking through his CAP threads(unless I really missed something) that nobody realized that Revenankh would fit like a glove as a Dusclops evo. (Dusclops holding Reaper Cloth -> Dusknoir. Dusclops holding Gauze/Desert Robe -> Revenankh)

Anyway, great stuff. Top 6 disappointments is my favorite part. (... so far. I admit I haven't read it all yet...)

Just one comment about the Top 6 disappointments; if Spiritomb is superior to Dusknoir, then why is it languishing in UU whilst Dusknoir is still OU? Even when there's an arguably superior bulky ghost still in OU (Rotom forms. Don't know if they are superior or they do other stuff).

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, Doug's interview made my day. I never knew he was a dad :)

Good work guys. I can't wait to seee the next issue!

I just wanna answer number 6 in the trivia cause I always saw that and was like wtf. I don't actually know all the other answers and I don't wanna look it up on SPP but I wanna yell out Q6 lol. Wasn't it meant to be Munchlax's ability or something lol?

Starts with C if I'm right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)