Small Addition to "/types" section of site

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think it would be a good idea if we added a small section to our Types pages, and the log is pretty self-explanatory.

[12:32] <&Jumpman16> hi i cant find the "types" level in the scms
[12:32] <&Jumpman16> why is it hidden or whatever
[12:33] <&Jumpman16> misty ill type your name even though you dont have highlights
[12:33] <&Misty> "types" level?
[12:33] <&Misty> what is that

[12:33] <&Jumpman16> http://www.smogon.com/dp/types/
[12:33] <&Jumpman16> http://www.smogon.com/scms/
[12:34] <&Misty> that is probably hardcoded
[12:34] <&Misty> since there's no reason to touch it
[12:34] <&Jumpman16> everything else is there: pokemon, abilities, moves, items
[12:34] <&Jumpman16> well there is now
[12:34] <&Misty> ?

[12:34] <&Jumpman16> i have an idea to add resists in there
[12:34] <&Jumpman16> "these pokemon resist flying moves:"
[12:34] <&Jumpman16> etc
[12:35] <&Misty> i'd rather that be its own page
[12:35] <&Misty> lol

[12:35] <&Jumpman16> there's already a level for each type
[12:35] <&Jumpman16> http://www.smogon.com/dp/types/ghost
[12:35] <&Jumpman16> Pokémon with type Ghost
[12:36] <&Jumpman16> Moves with type Ghost
[12:36] <&Jumpman16> "Pokémon that resist Ghost"
[12:36] <&Misty> oh
[12:36] <&Misty> those pages are probably pre-generated from the Pokedex database
[12:36] <&Misty> so yeah, you'd need one of the site programmers
[12:37] <&Jumpman16> who is that besides chaos
[12:37] <&Misty> ryubahamut, DougJustDoug, Colin iirc
[12:37] <&Misty> maybe Shiv

[12:37] <&Jumpman16> ok
[12:37] <&Jumpman16> well i hate to delegate one of my ideas, i like to do things like that myself
[12:38] <&Jumpman16> but if i literally cant then whatever
[12:38] <&Misty> tbh that kind of list should be easy to pre-generate
[12:38] <&Jumpman16> k i'll post something

I think this would be helpful to anyone who wants to see resists to a type of move at a glance. And further, I'm pretty sure this can be automated in the same way the other two "sections" are.

So Site Programmers (I would have posted this in "Programming The Site" [or started/done this myself somehow]), can we add this to the site?

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'd like to see a list of resistances and weaknesses on an individual pokemon's page too. Wouldn't be hard given that all the required data exists on the site already

Posting to say I'll be out of hiatus in a week (got 3 more exams left), and would get started on this as soon as possible.

Update. I've added the Pokemon that resist <type> section, but was unable to commit the changes to the repository due to SVN fucking up. ATM it shows Pokemon of types having relative effectiveness >= 0.5, so /dp/types/ghost would list Normal-type Pokemon too. If that's undesirable, I can set it to effectiveness == 0.5, or split it into Pokemon that resist <type>, and, wherever applicable, Pokemon that are immune to <type>. Comments? Suggestions?

No idea where to post this, so um i'll just drop it here.

In the new "Resistance" feature for types, in the smogon type database thing, it says Gliscor resists rock. It doesn't it's flying as well =/
Same with Skarmory.

No idea where to post this, so um i'll just drop it here.

In the new "Resistance" feature for types, in the smogon type database thing, it says Gliscor resists rock. It doesn't it's flying as well =/
Same with Skarmory.
Apparently there's something messed up about the flying type. Zapdos doesn't resist electric....

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'd like to see a list of resistances and weaknesses on an individual pokemon's page too. Wouldn't be hard given that all the required data exists on the site already
thoughts on this? didnt smogon use to have this feature or was that just every other pokemon site on the internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)