Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new here, and just need an experts opinion on something. So I hope this the right place.

I'm fairly new to competitive play, and a little while back, I learned about IVs, and have been breeding and using your breeding guide almost religiously, and recently I've been breeding Skorupi, trying to breed one with an adamant nature, a perfect IV in attack, with pretty good IV’s overall, with the ability Sniper (which I think is much more effective than Body Armor). Well, I start breeding, and after a while I breed a Skorupi with the following IVs:
11/31/27/19/13/28, with an Adamant Nature, and the ability Sniper. Just what I wanted.
But then, I hatched my next egg, and got this Skorupi:
25/31/22/19/29/31, with an Adamant Nature, but he has the ability Body Armor…
Now I’m wondering if I should just ditch the Sniper ability for better stats, or keep the sniper ability and have slightly worse stats.

I hope that this question is simple enough for this thread, since on one hand it doesn't leave much room for discussion, on the other hand, the answer may not be simple but very opinionated. If this is in the wrong place then I apologize.

Hey guys, I'm new here, and just need an experts opinion on something. So I hope this the right place.

I'm fairly new to competitive play, and a little while back, I learned about IVs, and have been breeding and using your breeding guide almost religiously, and recently I've been breeding Skorupi, trying to breed one with an adamant nature, a perfect IV in attack, with pretty good IV’s overall, with the ability Sniper (which I think is much more effective than Body Armor). Well, I start breeding, and after a while I breed a Skorupi with the following IVs:
11/31/27/19/13/28, with an Adamant Nature, and the ability Sniper. Just what I wanted.
But then, I hatched my next egg, and got this Skorupi:
25/31/22/19/29/31, with an Adamant Nature, but he has the ability Body Armor…
Now I’m wondering if I should just ditch the Sniper ability for better stats, or keep the sniper ability and have slightly worse stats.

I hope that this question is simple enough for this thread, since on one hand it doesn't leave much room for discussion, on the other hand, the answer may not be simple but very opinionated. If this is in the wrong place then I apologize.
This all depends on the set you will be running. One common Drapion build involves Sniper, a Scope Lens, and high critical rate moves like Night Slash and Cross Poison. Obviously Sniper is 100% essential for this build.

If, however, you plan to run Choice Band, Life Orb, etc., and rely more on coverage (Ice Fang, Earthquake, etc.), you might not care as much about the enhanced criticals. There, the perfect speed could be more significant. Drapion is base 95, which puts it in the thick with a lot of relevant Pokemon (depending on tier). Keeping up with Leafeon in UU or Electivire in OU can be quite significant. Every IV can also count if you are attempting to catch up to base-100s who do not run max speed.

It just depends on what kind of Drapion this is going to be.

Is it kosher to post to find someone with an AR and ask them to find my SID? I know any AR discussions are banned on Serebii, but I couldn't find anything searching here aside from not asking for AR codes as they're on Google. I want to try RNG abuse, but I don't have any non chained shiny and only 2 chained shiny.

--------

I was out of the game for a long time and I guess I missed the wifi events for the Membership Card and the Azure Flute. Am I permanently out of luck to get Darkrai and Arceus legitimately?

AR, tweaking, or trading is my only chance yeah? First two are out, and the odds that I have something that someone will trade an event pokemon for are slim to none.

What about Manaphy's egg from Ranger, that gone forever as well?

--------

Can I get my Mew from Blue to Platinum? I have blue, gold, ruby/sapphire, leafgreen, pearl, and platinum. I have GBA, DS, N64, and GC.

--------

Thanks!

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is wyanut illegal in LC?
I saw this and it was never really answered. Yes, Wynaut is legal in Little Cup. Since this is such an offensive metagame and nothing (including Wynaut) has very good defenses, its not incredibley difficult to ko it. We also have our own ubers list which most likely caused the confusion. This list can be found in our rules if you have anymore questions about this.

Wynaut is still good in Little Cup, though. With Choice Scarves prevalent, it can act as the best counter to scarvers in general and greatly aids in the sweep of set-up pokemon.

Are Mist Ball and Luster Purge respectively good alternatives for Psychic on the Latis?
Can I get my Mew from Blue to Platinum? I have blue, gold, ruby/sapphire, leafgreen, pearl, and platinum. I have GBA, DS, N64, and GC.
No, everything older than R/S is dead.

What nature and EV spread have people been using for that shedskin/stockpile Arbok??

Always been a fan and I'd love to try this one out...

Say,
Why is Heatran seen is far superior to other Fire-types? Is it really that good? Would, say, Alakazam be better if it would switch types to Fire?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Say,
Why is Heatran seen is far superior to other Fire-types? Is it really that good? Would, say, Alakazam be better if it would switch types to Fire?
Heatran isn't weak to Stealth Rock, and has a great movepool and good bulk, unlike most other Fire types.

Is it kosher to post to find someone with an AR and ask them to find my SID? I know any AR discussions are banned on Serebii, but I couldn't find anything searching here aside from not asking for AR codes as they're on Google. I want to try RNG abuse, but I don't have any non chained shiny and only 2 chained shiny.

--------

I was out of the game for a long time and I guess I missed the wifi events for the Membership Card and the Azure Flute. Am I permanently out of luck to get Darkrai and Arceus legitimately?

AR, tweaking, or trading is my only chance yeah? First two are out, and the odds that I have something that someone will trade an event pokemon for are slim to none.

What about Manaphy's egg from Ranger, that gone forever as well?

Thanks!
First: I think it's fine to ask about SID and AR stuff here. I dunno if it's this exact thread, but...

Second: THe member's card is done, yes, but they never gave out the Azure Flute yet. Right now, Oak's Letter is being given out.

Third: Manaphy's Egg is fine. You can find the password on Serebii.net. So long as you haven't done the event already in your copy of Pokemon Ranger (since there's no known way to factory reset Ranger), it'll work just fine.

Is Blizzard even worth using on Mamoswine? James (from PC) said it can't get even 2HKOs with a mere base 70 SpA; also, is ScarfMamo effective, amd if so, Ice Fang/EQ/Blizzard/SE?

Reposting my question, what are the 80 HP evs for in many of the jirachi sets?
I think it is leftover evs. You need max attack, and 176 speed with a + nature. 80 evs are best gone in hp, to make it bulky.
The speed evs are to reach 307, which outspeeds neutral base 100s, most noteably Salamence and co. After that, there's not much more you want to outspeed, so put the evs in HP.

coldeye said:
Is Blizzard even worth using on Mamoswine? James (from PC) said it can't get even 2HKOs with a mere base 70 SpA; also, is ScarfMamo effective, amd if so, Ice Fang/EQ/Blizzard/SE?
Not really, Mamo already has an impressive attack. 99% of the time, it would do more damage with physical moves. No need to waste evs and a nature in special attack. Also, I wouldn't use scarf Mamo (it's speed isn't high enough), go with ice shard.

This is probably a stupid question with a simple answer, but Ask had no answers for me, so hopefully someone here will.

So I've been making an RMT in Microsoft Word, and when I went to go post it, I previewed the post and all of the formatting text and none of my pictures. Is there a way to get rid of this, aside from retyping it? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)