CAP 9 CAP 9 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I only got one open voice of support for Checkmate in this topic.

BTW, am I allowed to post new pictures to the gallery post-final submssion? I have a pre-evo page idea.

-Torterra-Infernape-Feraligatr-
Yeah I was also wondering if you could still submit supporting art even though you already entered.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Final Submission

Final Submission

Supporting Artwork

Large View
Original Concept
Using Rapid Spin and Taunt

What people have said about it?

Armadillos are desertic animals that go out only at night, to avoid hight tempetures. So, it's nocturnal (Dark) and it's desertic (Ground). - Caladbolg~

The Armadillo fits the "stopping the secondary"
[...] Rapid Spin and Taunt are both completely natural choices for your design. I disagree with others when they say you should change the colour scheme, because the Dark typing is clearly represented in the nature of the Pokemon itself. - scampy

The armadillo's plating looks cool and has a nice organic feel to it. It can be tough at times to strike that balance, when designing armor, between a robotic or more natural look, but I think you nailed it pretty well.
- Cartoons!

The design improved steadily over the course of this thread and its neat that you gave it a personality. Like all calad's designs this thing could pass as a real pokemon haha. Calad for gen 5 official artist yo. -Buffalo Wings

It covers the typing perfectly, with color & style choice, is brilliantly drawn
- Maci12

[...]not only does it look good, but it also looks like it could make use of rapid spin, somethin that could be good for something that stops the secondary.
- ChuckMyNorris

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I definitely like that pose and coloring the best Calad.

Best of luck to ya! :)

I agree, that Armadillo is not getting any better. It's going to be hard to choose which artwork will get my vote, but that's definitely one of my favourites.

I am torn between Atyroki's Thorny Devil and Aragonbird's Dust Devil. I think both are just phenomenal contributions and I'd be happy to see either as our CAP9.

The armadillo has been very static throughout the competition. I'm pretty disapointed in how it came out, especially considering the amount of anticipation I had towards it. Good luck.

The Armadillo is still my favorite =) If I may be so bold, I would like quote myself in saying:

It covers the typing perfectly, with color & style choice, is brilliantly drawn - Maci12
Also, this is by far your best pose of it, and I'm liking it better without the spikes. Great job Caladbolg, you got my vote!
==========
MysteriousFellow: That final submission pose is sick. Your design has also consistently among my top 3 favorites. Your supporting art is also brilliant. Haha wow I wish I could draw like that =P.

Final Submission:

Yes, due to me sucking at getting other designs done on time, and because this design is pretty awesome, The THORNY DEVIL will be my final submission.

Unfortunately I have no supporting material either, though I hope my designs badassery will be enough to win you over itself.

Final Submission

Final Submission:

Since no one really found anything wrong with my design, I opted to not change anything about him. I did decide to go with this color over the other thanks to your (that would be you guys) insight. Since I'm in a kind of lazy mood right now, I'll just copy down what I said about it in my last post.

Supporting Artwork:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/ChetRippo/worldturtlepokemon001.png

So basically my design is based of the Ur-turtle, or more comonly called, the World Turtle. With his head hiding in his shell with his glaring eyes sybolizing DARK type, almost sinister, while having his shell decorated like a globe to sybolizing, obviously the Earth, or better yet, his GROUND type.
I placed Lunatone next to him because my idea was that my Pokemon has a sort of relationship with it much like Mantine and Remoraid do. As in like you would need Lunatone and my pokemon's "pre-evolved form" to evolve into what you see up there (And perhaps there would be a different evolved form if it were Solrock). Lunatone would revolve around him, like the moon does to earth.
Any criticism or random comments would be gladly apreciated.

KoA

is an Artist
Just a heads up Chet, your final submission needs to have the pokemon itself without any others in the image.

Just a heads up Chet, your final submission needs to have the pokemon itself without any others in the image.
My intention was to have it like how Mantine and Remoraid appear together in Mantine art and sprites, but if I have to take Lunatone out I will.

KoA

is an Artist
Well it could probably fly, I'm just going by the rules in the OP and would hate to see your entry DQed over something silly like that.

crawdaunt gets crunch, and it doesn't really have a mouth to speak of...i definitely think it uses its claws to do the crunching. i'd say this guy has enough options to crunch with, either splitting its shell or using its forelimbs.

I did up my previous Anubismon design due to feedback and the type of stat spreads being submitted. C&C, anyone?

@Pkmn: D: submit your monster! it was freaking
perfect for gods sake.

@KoA: the rules did state that you could draw things that the pokemon cones with, like farfetch'd sticks. He could probably talk his way out on that note.

Boy, I like saying: On another note huh?

I did up my previous Anubismon design due to feedback and the type of stat spreads being submitted. C&C, anyone?
This is by far the most bad @$$ Anubis based design any body drew! You may want to take off that fur/feather on his tail, but other than that, I can't say a bad thing about this Pocket Monster!

On another note, I'm currently working on my own art design, so I'll have some loose sketches posted here by Saturday.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
While creating my buffalo design, I saved off "progress pictures" as I inked, colored, shaded, and edited the design. I put all the progress pics in an animated gif and showed it on #cap yesterday. Several people thought it was interesting to see how the design took shape. So, I'm considering adding this as supporting material for my design. Since the animation file is kinda big (625k), I'm linking it to the design picture below.

Click this link or click the picture to see the animation.

Aww, taicho, at least put the original scratchy picture up with the title 'Final Submission.' That's all you need!
Seconded.

Since Cyzir seems to be going with Narwhal rather than Anteater, your Dust Devil* is my favourite concept.

* Did it have a working title? I didn't feel like searching the whole thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)