Fantasy Basketball 2009

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
omni's back, check his post. Sign up here in case there's empty slots.

Sunday, October 25, 2009. 1:30 PM PDT.

So peeps, post in this topic if:
- you are returning
- you want a keeper league instead
- you can make the draft or not
- any changes to the rules from last year

this is so weird i was just thinking literally 5 minutes ago that we should probably start signing up for this pretty soon!

(in it to win it [like my mavs])

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll not miss the draft this year like last time, and I'm also in to improve on last year and win it! (unlike darkie's Mavs!)

You should talk with omni about this, since that way he can just renew the league and we keep all the history and stuff!

Also, I talked a bit last year about making the league a keeper league, but it depends on how you guys feel about it.

Good luck competing for second place guys, I shall be watching while holding my fourth trophy =P

tell me if you guys want a keeper league. the invitations have been sent through e-mail for all those peeps in last years league.

so check your email!

Sunday, October 25, 2009. 1:30 PM PDT.

So peeps, post in this topic if:
- you are returning
- you want a keeper league instead
- you can make the draft or not
- any changes to the rules from last year

i'd love to be in this

i was too late last year and ended up in the 2nd mostly smogon league
dont care if its keepers
i can make the draft
standard rules always work best

i'm very experienced in fantasy basketball

I would like to be on this.

I was too late last year too and played on the 2nd take Smogon League.
Keepers or not, fine with me.
Sunday? Of course I can
Standard rules please.

I already responded to the e-mail. (Berny_Ghost in Yahoo)

1. I'm returning
2. I'm fine with the league being keeper or not
3. For now I think I can make the draft
4. No suggestions for the rules.

PS: Mizuno your going down!!!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Returning, never played keeper before but I'm not fussed :), I can make the draft, no rule suggestions.

EDIT: actually it would be very appreciated if the draft was two hours after the time indicated if that's possible.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Another member posting to say I'd like to join if there are any slots, what sets up apart is that I made the second league last year when I didn't get into the first one, which shows how badly I want it!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
omni what do you think about making your league a keeper league and mine a normal league. since i already have a league created. as per MS's suggestion

I would also like to be in this please.

Ive been playing with Hey Oh and Denny for sometime now. and would like to play with Smogon players.

I'll not miss the draft this year like last time, and I'm also in to improve on last year and win it! (unlike darkie's Mavs!)

oh please last year i had the best regular season record (and by miles) but lost in the first round of the playoffs

ohhh

edit: that's what i was getting at, ms hahaha

Stallion

Tree Young
oh please last year i had the best regular season record (and by miles) but lost in the first round of the playoffs

ohhh
Sounds strangely familiar to the Mavericks team who lost to Golden State in the first round ^_^.

I only just missed out on the playoffs last year, but I didn'tt realise there was a "losers comp" so I stopped changing my team.

I like the idea of a keeper league since this is an annual thing and most people that play this are the same every season... and it also motivates anyone who is doing poorly in the season to keep active and make moves for next season.

If we do go with keeper, we have to decide on what rules we'll use (like: how many players can a team keep? will I sacrifice a draft pick by keeping a player? ... ...). I don't think has to be decided now, but should be decided as soon as possible.

I have never played keeper before, but it certainly looks interesting. If it doesn't work we can always just go back to the same format!

So yeah, I vote for keeper league :P

Basically: Do this season like we have always done it, but we get to choose keeper players for next season from the players we have this season.

I like the idea of a keeper league since this is an annual thing and most people that play this are the same every season... and it also motivates anyone who is doing poorly in the season to keep active and make moves for next season.

If we do go with keeper, we have to decide on what rules we'll use (like: how many players can a team keep? will I sacrifice a draft pick by keeping a player? ... ...). I don't think has to be decided now, but should be decided as soon as possible.

I have never played keeper before, but it certainly looks interesting. If it doesn't work we can always just go back to the same format!

So yeah, I vote for keeper league :P

Basically: Do this season like we have always done it, but we get to choose keeper players for next season from the players we have this season.
A System for that could be that if say you're allowed to keep 2-3 players, if you have two first round picks that you keep, then you lose a first/second round pick, or if you keep a 4th rounder you lose a 4th round pick. Something like that

Yeah I'd like to join along with Navy, DennyHL, and Hey Oh. I'm extremely active and I know what's going on in the actual bball league.

I'm fine with any format/rules. Standard generally works best.

I'm also not picky about keepers or not.

OK so apparently I have to set the draft order in order to keep it as a keeper league (sorry to have confused you with that awkward sentence) anyway, i will go through random.org sometime since I just sent the invitations for the keeper league. ill let you know what happens asap with what i have to do!

EDIT: OK Never mind, I have figured it out. We will go on with my league as a regular draft, and I'll set the information and people's players when next year's league comes about. Apparently from what I have heard is that keeper leagues tend to have three keepers per team, and draft every year for other players. And common sense says that anyone wanting to have 4+ keepers will lose draft picks the following year.

SO, we will have three keepers this year and see how things go! So go on with your regular drafts and send me a pm telling me which ones you will label as keeps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)