The Everything NFL Thread - 2009

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In other news I fucking hope the Ravens D shows up against Kyle "I'm an overrated mediocre QB" Orton and co.
I don't, I have Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Marshall on my phantasy team :(

I also have Ray Rice though, so I'm praying for a shootout

Kyle Orton has been making plays at the end of games, big ones. Yeah, they should be 5-1 but they are not.

And the Ravens Pass Defense sucks...so glad the Falcons unloaded Dominique Foxworth because he is showing his true worth. Fabian Washington is no good either.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Predicts time:

Texans
vs Bills - Finally consecutive wins!
Browns vs Bears - I still don't know how in the fuck a meh team like the Bears is .500.
Seahawks vs Cowboys
Rams vs Lions - Hahahahaha
49ers vs Colts - Please be an upset
Dolphins vs Jets - This will be a good game, like the 'Phins though.
Giants vs Eagles - Arguably the match of the round, both teams have had unexpected losses this year (and both had the Saints put 48 points on them :P) but I think the Eagles defense is too strong for the Giants.
Broncos vs Ravens - Homer pick, Broncos are playing better then the Ravens at the moment, but people seem to forget that we could just as easily be 6-0. If we are to win, Ray Rice and our secondary (Foxworth, Washington) are vital, whilst Champ Bailey shutting down Joe Cool and Kyle Orton taking advantage of aforementioned piss weak secondary are important to the Broncos chances.
Jaguars vs Titans - They have to win some time, right?
Raiders vs Chargers - Next?
Panthers vs Cardinals - Cards actually have a running game to speak of, and are starting to heat up (and that's with Fitz having a relatively poor year). Scary thought of him clicking.
Vikings vs Packers - Aaron Rodgers will get sacked 4 times.
Falcons vs Saints - Too strongth.

I know the Cowboys wont be on here.. but Im looking forward to watching Eagles/Giants, Dolphins/Jets, Broncos/Ravens, and Vikings/Packers.. and of course the Monday night game.

Texans vs Bills - Andre Johnson is too BEAST.
Browns vs Bears - Bears are better.
Seahawks vs Cowboys - Cowboys got my attention last week.
Rams vs Lions - Lions are... the better team. Never thought I'd say that.
49ers vs Colts - 49ers are all off sync atm.
Dolphins vs Jets - Overrated Sanchez. Nuff said.
Giants vs Eagles - Eagles are playing good football right now.
Broncos vs Ravens - Broncos are obv the better team.
Jaguars vs Titans - Err just throw up.
Raiders vs Chargers - I'm a LT fan lol. I wish he would have a big day so the critics would leave him alone for once .-. this might be his day.
Panthers vs Cardinals - Cardinals are getting better as the season progresses
Vikings vs Packers - Vikings too strongth.
Falcons vs Saints - UPSET. I don't care what the odds are, I'm a falcons fan so naturally I'm gonna predict them to win. I know what they are up against though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
So polis4rule is too busy to spend five minutes moving his fantasy football roster around but he can still browse and post the forum.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
YTP said:
Broncos vs Ravens - Broncos are obv the better team.
30-7 4th quarter Ravens over Broncos, suck my left nut :)

Also if games finish the way they are turning out, I have 100 % of my tips right this week.

miami totally got outplayed, the ridiculous 2nd quarter with 2 kick return tds and a fumble return td won them the game.

still miami is a pretty decent team and are definitely not 2-5 bad, especially when you consider that they've played the toughest schedule thus far

Well I can't say I was expecting the Niners to win at Indianapolis, but they played a pretty great game overall, definitely an improvement from when they faced Atlanta two weeks ago. If they can play like that for the rest of the season then they should be fine (ironic how they held Manning to 0 passing TDs but Addai got one, granted it was on a gimmick). And it looks like Arizona will lose this week, too.

In other news, how's about St. Louis and Tennessee no longer being winless?

I am very pleased that Tennessee is no longer winless as Chris Johnson carried me to victory in one of my fantasy leagues this week =D In other news, the Vikings won despite yet another defensive collapse in the second half. While it appears as though they will make the playoffs again this year (unless they fall apart against the Bears), they will surely dissapoint with another early exit.

I am very pleased that Tennessee is no longer winless as Chris Johnson carried me to victory in one of my fantasy leagues this week =D In other news, the Vikings won despite yet another defensive collapse in the second half. While it appears as though they will make the playoffs again this year (unless they fall apart against the Bears), they will surely dissapoint with another early exit.
I guess every team that doesn't make it into the superbowl is a disappointment. Like last year when the falcons erased a 4-12 nightmare season and went to the playoffs and lost... dissapointing.

In short, the Vikings are a young team (besides the QB who is doing just fine i might add), and still have years ahead of them to make the super bowl. Just because they don't make the superbowl does not make them a dissapointment... in fact I think if they work on their passing defense, they could very well be the best team in the NFL next year (assuming the changes go right).

In other news:

Broncos finally play a really good defense and slip up... I thought their defense would be able to slow down the Ravens... guess not.
Eagles steamroll the Giants who are starting to look very overrated.
Overrated Sanchez loses
Houston finally wins two games in a row O_O

what do you guys think about the FOX crew going to Afghanistan?

not too sure what to think about it.

Dallas steamrolled the Seahawks, makes me happy they didnt fall into any trap or any analogy you want to make it. Philly and Cowboys next week.. epicness!

Dallas won and Giants lost. :) Now to beat Philly next week and hello first place. Also, Vikings destroyed the Packers. Good Sunday, I think everybody who I wanted to win, won.

Fuck yeah Eagles!

Fuck yeah Panthers!

To all you guys who picked the Cards... suck it! This win may have turned the season around. Just maybe.

Still two games to be played against the Saints. That could either be a good thing or a very very bad thing.

Jake Delhomme still sucks though o: good thing the rest of the team doesn't

I guess every team that doesn't make it into the superbowl is a disappointment. Like last year when the falcons erased a 4-12 nightmare season and went to the playoffs and lost... dissapointing.

In short, the Vikings are a young team (besides the QB who is doing just fine i might add), and still have years ahead of them to make the super bowl. Just because they don't make the superbowl does not make them a dissapointment... in fact I think if they work on their passing defense, they could very well be the best team in the NFL next year (assuming the changes go right).
Yes, every season that a team doesn't win a super bowl is dissapointing. To quote the immortal Herm Edwards: "That's the great thing about football: you play to win the game!" You never settle for "second best" or any of that garbage. Yes, the Falcons' season last year was an improvement, but it was still a failure. As for your comment about the Vikings talent level, that doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is the Vikings have talented team after talented team and they always fall short. As far as I am concerned, they are one of the most dissapointing teams in the history of the NFL. Time and time again they have come inches from greatness, and time and time again they have failed.

iduno about minnesota making the super bowl a couple years from now, they first have to find a replacement for favre that isn't tarvaris jackson.

such a disappointing fantasy week. i had favre benched for warner. wow. i had a feeling favre would outperform warner but he's been really consistent so i figured he was the safer option... and none of my recievers came through in either league. i'm now sitting on 6 and 4 point leads with matt ryan and shockey/colston yet to play, respectively.

how about MJD getting only EIGHT carries and still rushing for 177 yards?? makes you wonder why garrard threw the ball 27 times...

For all the shit we've gone through in the past, being at 7-1 after tossing aside the useless Packers for the sweep feels pretty damn good.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to Sims-Walker and Donald Driver combining for 7.5 points between the two of them, I now am 42 points down coming into Monday night. I still have Drew Brees, Marques Colston, and Tony Gonzalez left to play. Do I have a shot?

Fuck yeah Eagles!

Fuck yeah Panthers!

To all you guys who picked the Cards... suck it! This win may have turned the season around. Just maybe.

Still two games to be played against the Saints. That could either be a good thing or a very very bad thing.

Jake Delhomme still sucks though o: good thing the rest of the team doesn't
Your team hast lost to every good team it faced (Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys). Your team squeaked by one awful team (Resdkins 20-17), only won by a touchdown over another (28-21 Bucaneers), lost 20-9 to another terrible team (Bills), and now has one actually good win over the Cardinals. No, I do not think the Panthers are stealing 5 wins from the Saints, Falcons, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, Giants, and Saints again (if you pencil in the Bucaneers as an automatic win that is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)