The Everything NFL Thread - 2009

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I cooled off and realized that I need to practice what I preach. Can't blame the refs for losing a game, because great teams overcome obstacles like that. Pittsburgh should have put that game away many times, but stupid turnovers and other key mistakes cost them. The Bungles lost to Oakland though, so lol.

In other news, my fantasy team in a NON PPR LEAGUE just put up 161 points thanks to key roster decisions at the last minute:

I made the right decisions, yes?

i didn't watch the steelers game but it seems like we outplayed them for the most part. oh well.

HOWEVER,

i have two fantasy qbs. big ben and warner. and they both had concussions today. :\ :\ :\ :\ :|

and in the league with warner, i just traded favre away yesterday. -____-

One thing that kinda ticked me off about today is that twice in games that I saw, booth reviews were called after the next play had already happened. It happened in the Cowboys/Redskins and then in the Pats/Jets. The second one was a little more understandable because the pats ran up for a quick spike but in the other one the next play was a delay of game. They had all the time in the world to call it, but they didn't. The refs really need to be on top of this shit. At least the pats won :)

I just heard something tonight

Counting tonight's comeback win against Chicago (Down by 7 points or less in the 4th quarter), McNabb is 6-22-1 all time in those situations.

I repeat

6-22-1

Six, twenty two and the most shameful tie in NFL history.

To put it in perspective, Manning has four 4th quarter comebacks in the last 4 games alone and he has at least 5 on the year. Brady probably had that many in the first season he started.

Granted I still think he is a very good QB (1 of only 4 QBs to have more than twice as many TDs vs. INT. The others are Manning, Brady and Steve Young) however to be that bad in the clutch is unacceptable.

yeah masaki. i mean, really, you just have to look at the super bowl vs the patriots to see how he reacts to high pressure clutch situations.

living in kansas city country is terrible. i cannot wear steelers gear for the rest of the season now. damn it.

I hate the browns and wish the nfl would demote them to some minor league that needs to be made.

Also, welcome back to Implosion Land Denver. Learn to win games past week 7.

Sure you can! You must always represent your team proudly, win or lose. I would wear my shit in Cincinnati :D
yeah, i said "fuck it" and wore it anyway

if they say anything, i can just ask

"who's team is in playoff contention?"

all of this chiefs raving on my facebook page is getting annoying though :s

Dallas will not make the playoffs.
They will have a meltdown like the Broncos are doing.
To sum up this week, it was a day for upsets.
Oakland > Cinncinnati
Oakland.
OAKLAND.
Oh my god....
Chiefs > Steelers (WTF?)
Same as above.
Explain this, someone....
As long as the Packers win, I'm happy.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
all of this chiefs raving on my facebook page is getting annoying though :s
Just ask them which statistic they even approached decent in that game. They won't have an answer because their offense did nothing across the board. The Steelers handed them that game, they didn't win it on their own.

yay Cowboys won and the Giants are getting spanked right now. Didnt get to watch the entire game thanks to the noon (damn pacific time zone in this case) meal we had for Thanksgiving. Happened that we had a Skins fan in the house, had some good talks with him.. was surprised we didnt talk any shit to each other! LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)