I dont know why this works, but it does

This is my super successful team, somthing I'm sure MDKINGDRAGEZZ can testify to. It lacks a good gyarados counter, and heatran is usually gone before scizor comes in, but somehow I'm winning. A lot. This team won 18 out of 20 matches much to my surprise.

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
---
Sets up rocks. Modest b/c HP Grass OHKOs pert. I dont have earth power because latias can come in on an opposing leadtran's earth power and threaten to OHKO.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Trick
---
This comes in to take eqs for heatran from salamence. Usually, people predict explosion with DD mence, and eq. This also gives a nice water resist and disables calm minders like suicune. This is the only gyarados switch in I have, because LO Stone Edge OHKOs starmie after a DD

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Ice Fang
---
Takes all physical hits easily. Mainly, it counters lucario and non-SD scizor. Gives Latias a nice water weakness to take advantage of. Together with Latias, it annoys the hell out of rain dance. Kingdra sees latias, and dragon pulses, only to have me eliminate their rain. Ice fang to do as much as I can against DD Mence, which I'm really weak to.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
---
Modest for tyranitars. A lot of t-tars can survive a Timid LO Hydro Pump, so I used Modest. Rapid spin +LO does work because blissey is always there to pass wish to it. There isnt too much to outspeed between Modest and Timid; just gengar, latias, and infernape. Infernape isnt getting through latias and gengar any time soon, and gengar and latias hate...

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 26 HP/252 Def/232 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
---
Definetly the star of this team. Comes in easily on special attackers, t-waves the switch in and heals the team with wish. With pokemon like heatran and hippo, Latias and starmie are always coming in, giving Blissey a free turn to wish away.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
---

The second star of the team. It kills scizor most of the time. Usually they bullet punch, only to get owned by HP fire. Gengar is my second Luke counter. Usually, I sac this to get machamp out of the way. Leftovers instead of LO because sandstorm+LO+sub means gengar dies way to quickly.

Hello.

Your team looks ok,what I recommend from the start is switching Hidden power grass into Earth power to stop other Heatran leads. because if you can't you can't really stay in or do anything, I don't think Swampert is a huge problem.

Life orb + Rapid Spin don't mix to well, since you'll be just killing yourself to early in the game, you might want to switch Rapid spin into Recover to continue the sweep, when the player overpredicts.

You might also want to change the item on Gengar from Lefties to Black Sludge.

Also, might want to have the EVS for latias, 6 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed Timid nature. Because if you're not going to have a Timid nature you're going to get outsped by many things.

Good day.

Heatrans will always earth power first, so that gives latias a free switch in. I dont see the point of earth power.

Timid Latias is a lot worse against scizor, something I absolutely can't deal with once tran is gone, so I used Modest

Thanks for the Black Sludge suggestion though.

Heatrans will always earth power first, so that gives latias a free switch in. I dont see the point of earth power.

Timid Latias is a lot worse against scizor, something I absolutely can't deal with once tran is gone, so I used Modest

Thanks for the Black Sludge suggestion though.
I don't find the use of the Health points EVS...for Latias, if you're really caring that much between it and Scizor.

You can take Scizor down pretty easy....Because switching the nature and putting 252 Speed EVS will help you to outspeed Infernape and such. Since you're not going to be able to do anything when it's modest...you can still finish it off with Starmie or Heatran, I don't find Scizor to be a big deal.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay, this team is pretty good, but I do see some things that can be changed. My first change is to move Hippowdon to the lead position. You get up some early sand to annoy opponents, and in moving Hippowdon up to the lead position you get a free slot where Heatran used to be. The one thing I want you to change on him is to swap Ice Fang for Stealth Rock. A big part of using Hippowdon is because he can get up Stealth Rocks pretty reliably. The main reason for switching Hippo to the lead position, however, is mainly for the free slot that you desperately need.

Before we go over the whole free slot issue, you should probably change Latias to a Choice Scarf variant. Removing Ice Fang from Hippo makes you insanely DDMence weak, even moreso than you were before. I mean, yeah you lose that power that Specs gives you, but when your two most difficult Pokèmon are outright beaten by it, there isn't really a reason not to use it. The moveset should look like Trick / Surf / Draco Meteor / Thunderbolt, and he should have a Timid nature to always beat +speed Scarfed base 100s. This should help ease up your weakness to boosting sweepers immensely.

Finally, before we look at that free slot, I want you to try out Protect over Substitute on Gengar. Gengar is important on your team, because he is really your main Lucario check if Hippowdon has taken a little damage. Losing 25% and then most likely being forced out after one attack is pretty bad, but Protect lets you scout Scizors and pretty much do the same thing Substitute does, but without losing a quarter of your hp!

Okay, now this is the part where we decide what to do with that free slot we got! You don't really have any glaring weaknesses, so we can do just about whatever we want with that slot. I'm thinking that a SD Lucario would fit well if, for nothing else, to get some firepower on the physical side for a change. As it is, you have trouble breaking through Blissey, and you really lack that immediate physical threat. The standard Adamant SD set should fare you well. You don't need Jolly as much as you need the extra power that Adamant brings. Also, since nothing on your team is Stealth Rock weak, and if you are going to spin with Starmie you are being outclassed if you aren't using the defensive set, I suggest you just put Recover on there. Also, make it Timid. It never hurts to be able to outspeed base 110's.

This last nitpick makes me quite angry! Just because Obi puts special defense evs on Blissey doesn't mean you should too. Special defense evs are horribly wasted on Blissey. There is no common special attack that 2hkoes you without the special attack evs, while the defense evs actually increase your survivability by a lot! Please use max defense. I hope all the changes actually help!

I agree with everything the guy above says (Bad ass), except for the blissey comment:
- 252 defence is nessecery as he said and as your using, it allows you to take physical hits as well as spiritomb and scizor
- Sp.def ev's are useful, its stops calm mind jirachi from 2hkoing, it stops specs lucario from 2hkoing you, it stops heatran with a flash fire boost from killing you, however you need a calm nature to achieve this, so I suggest using a calm nature, this ensures that not many sp.atkers can break through your blissey
- Hp ev's are pointless, Blissey's hp is so high that the ev's don't change it much at all, and 26 hp ev's will do nothing, I would put them in speed, as some pokes try to just outspeed blissey and getting the jump on them could be crucial in a match

Protect on gengar is a definate change as you can scout a banded scizor's attack and then switch if it bullet punches and stay in to hp fire if it pursuits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)