Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've been using FAL and AUG HBAR latley, FAL is horrible but AUG is pretty good, I have yet to get to get my ACOG scope for the AUG though.

What guns are recommended for level 32?
In hardcore the fal kicks alot of ass. With a reddot/holo you can take people down from across the map. All you need is one shot.

I've been having great luck with the rpd recently. With grip & whatever I love it.

I haven't really been playing enough of this recently, my kd has dropped from ~1.5 to .9. I'll play for a couple of games, but I haven't found the time to play consistently for long periods of time. I always end-up going negative for a couple of games just warming up, then I have to go do something else. Oh well I don't got jack to do during the christmas break so hopefully I can bring it up.

Once I feel I can get a Nuke I go into slow and methodical mode, set Claymores behind you so your back is protected and when you get kills set another Claymore (remember you can only have 2 out).
ROFLMAO. I was playing Afghan earlier today, and was wondering why my claymores were mysteriously exploding. I kept checking to see if someone was shooting them or throwing nades from a distance XD. Thanks alot

Don't know why the TAR-21 isn't given the love it deserves, seriously underrated.

Been running -
TAR-21 w/ Silencer
Akimbo Model 1887's (Yeah bitch all you want, these are the shit)
Semtex
Stun Grenades
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

I've got a sniper class with the .50 cal & Thermal scope too, but MW2 really isn't too kind to Snipers, it's assault rifles or die.

Managed 35-3 on Afghan yesterday, some guy died and let me steal his Chopper Gunner from a care package, then I got 11 kills next life and got another Chopper Gunner :D

The bugs are really annoying, but meh, I enjoy the game when it's not cocking about. Rundown has to be the worst level in the game though :(

Prestiged once and I'm now level 70 again, but I'm not prestiging again for a long time, I'm not getting to level 67 again for the 1887's :P

Just prestiged for the first time, so far I've made it to level 20 with only my MP5K and USP.45/Barret and improved my K/D to 1.16

who says you need assault rifles?

I'm using lightweight and marathon on my MP5K, because they're the only perks I didn't get pro last prestige, and I want to get them out of the way, but I discovered that you really don't need stopping power on SMGs, if you can close a gap in seconds then the sheer rate of fire will get you through the fight most of the time. Also the Barret silenced is rad

Just thought I'd post this link for anyone with a head for stats: http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=413

It's the conplete damage stats for every weapon in the game bar the Shotguns, Launchers and the Riot Shield (lol).

I really don't know why IW decide to put the in game damage rating on the M16 so high compared to the FAMAS, when according to these they're exactly the same lol.

But ah well, if you're going by IW's stats then putting a bigger scope on a gun increases it's range :P

Primary:LMG w/ grip
Secondary: Javelin
Grenade: Semtex
Special Grenade: Flash Bangs
Perk 1: Sleight of Hand
Perk 2: Stopping Power
Perk 3: Steady Aim

Just got a nuke on Estate using this set:

UMP w/ Holographic
Magnum w/ Tactical Knife
Semtex
Flash Grenades
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Went 1-1 on my first life, then got to harrier, harrier got 5 and then chopper gunner got me up to 25 for the nuke. So that boosted my max streak up to 29 too :D

That (complete) damage stats looks very basic... also it's not very clear what he means by 40-30????

Am I right in saying silencer reduces recoil?

That (complete) damage stats looks very basic... also it's not very clear what he means by 40-30????

Am I right in saying silencer reduces recoil?
The stats are in percentages, where obviously 100 is max. So for example, the RPD has 40-40, therefore a 3 shot kill, with Stopping Power on it is x1.4, so 56-56, a 2 shot kill.

Silencers reduce recoil to an extent, but the in game descriptions don't tell you that. Though the Silencer does reduce damage on the LMGs and the Sniper Rifles, as it says on those stats, so watch out before putting it on any gun.

Edit: Also the 1.5 - 1.1 - 1 etc on the Sniper Rifles are damage multipliers regarding accuracy, with Head, Chest and Stomach shots respectively. For example a .50 Cal with Stopping Power on a stomach shot would do 70 x 1.4 (Stopping Power) x 1.1 (Accuracy bonus) = 107.8, a 1 shot kill.

Hope that helps.

Silencers reduce damage at certain distances, that is.

I've been whoring a melee set lately.

Bold for important things

Any Primary Weapon, preferably SMG/Shotgun for speed purposes.
Magnum @ Tactical Knife < < < < You're gonna be using this the whole time.
Throwing Knife
Smoke Grenade< < < < Gets you closer to longer ranged people.
Marathon Pro < < < < You NEED the unlimited sprint.
Lightweight Pro < < < < Most important thing, with tactical knife it gives you insane speed.
Commando Pro < < < < Second most important thing. Extra range for you attack.

It's suprisingly stealthy.
You don't need Ninja Pro for this, since by the time they hear you you'll have stabbed them already because of Lightweight Pro.
If you come up behind people, it's pretty much killstreak fest for you. Since you don't pop up on screen as a red dot for melee attacks, you can effectively wipe out a whole team speedily and with some sick stealth.

The set good even when you run into pairs of people in alleys and stuff. Stab and keep running, then have some fun with whoevers left. Most of the time, you can take out two people before the second person gets a chance to fire back at you.

Smoke grenades are for those people too far away to dash at.
You can take another route through the smoke, or if you're close enough just use the cover to melee them.

I was really suprised with this setup, it works ridiculously well.

Silencers reduce damage at certain distances, that is.

I've been whoring a melee set lately.

Bold for important things

Any Primary Weapon, preferably SMG/Shotgun for speed purposes.
Magnum @ Tactical Knife < < < < You're gonna be using this the whole time.
Throwing Knife
Smoke Grenade< < < < Gets you closer to longer ranged people.
Marathon Pro < < < < You NEED the unlimited sprint.
Lightweight Pro < < < < Most important thing, with tactical knife it gives you insane speed.
Commando Pro < < < < Second most important thing. Extra range for you attack.

It's suprisingly stealthy.
You don't need Ninja Pro for this, since by the time they hear you you'll have stabbed them already because of Lightweight Pro.
If you come up behind people, it's pretty much killstreak fest for you. Since you don't pop up on screen as a red dot, you can effectively wipe out a whole team speedily and with some fashy stealth. This is good even when you come up on a pair of two people. After you kill the first person, keep running and play around with the next guy. It causes alot of confusion like this.

I was really suprised with this setup, it works ridiculously well.
I use this except I haven't gotten any secondaries with a Tac Knife yet. I'll make sure to try it out when I do so.

Also, if you find that you aren't using Throwing Knives very much, you'll probably want better equipment. Imo, Claymores work wonders, especially in objective-based games such as Domination. Basically, you plant a claymore at one control point and defend another. It essentially allows you to be in two places at once.

Lol, I had the shortest Sabotage game ever today. It was on Wasteland, and using an assassin build like this one, I just grabbed the bomb, sprinted to the enemy site, and planted it. I think there were only 5 kills total during that entire match. Oh well.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I have found 2 excellent hiding points, one in Highrise and other one in Rundown. Basically at the start I rush to those places and sit down, after 15 seconds enemies are assured to start popping in, which is where the M16 with red dot attached plus Stopping Power Pro act. Basically if you hit them with 2 of the 3 bullets they are death, whch is ridiculously excellent. The point of this is to get 4 kills, get a Care Package and save it for later. After that, getting a 5th kill is very important since it gives me my Predator, which when used correctly gets me 2 kills (specially in Rundown), and then activates my Harrier. After activating the Harrier I sneak to a place free of opponents and activate the Care Package. With some luck I get a Chopper Gunner or even another Predator works, while the Harrier is still killing people. This has done surprisingly well and its really fun to play with. Today I got to 40+ kills in Rundown using this haha

Yeah Arch tons of people run that class, except usually with something useful not a throwing knife. I use a class like that with mini-uzi as my main, and I mainly at terminal, went on a 15 kill knife streak, good shit.

Anyways been running a new class

ACR w/ grenade launcher
RPG x2

Frag

Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Commando Pro

KS: Predator, Harrier, AC130

Dear god this class is fun, I don't care if people call me a noob for just launching grenades and RPGs everywhere, but I usually have a 4-12 kdr with this class.

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275498

Damage calculator with a few extra key points. Like Aim down sight times and full reload times. If someone can explain what they mean by (add time), that would be a big help.

I've always seen Rate of Fire being more important than damage when it comes to automatic guns. I'm really surprised at the vector having a lower rate of fire than the P90 and Mini Uzi, lolz. In game stats mislead =(

Update ran on MW2 today, any idea what it is?
Unless my brother started up the system, I don't remember getting an update. So i'm going to assume it was a 360 only update. Maybe something to do with the unlimited ammo thing. Then again I could be completely wrong and maybe the PS3 also got an update I missed

I just realized something but in around 12 hours of gameplay, I have only played rust once, on merc TDM, doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: and then it puts me on rust again right after. Well the fail patched Models were made for this map, went something like 37-12.

I've pretty much stopped using stopping power on all my classes, it really doesn't do much, what difference does one or two less bullets make? I just a 28 killstreak on scrapeyard using the vector w/holo and hardline.

Even on my sniper class stopping power doesn't change much, especially since I use a silencer on my WA2000, it's a two shot kill anyways, so why not use coldblooded or hardline?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've pretty much stopped using stopping power on all my classes, it really doesn't do much, what difference does one or two less bullets make? I just a 28 killstreak on scrapeyard using the vector w/holo and hardline.

Even on my sniper class stopping power doesn't change much, especially since I use a silencer on my WA2000, it's a two shot kill anyways, so why not use coldblooded or hardline?
Hardline is awesome. I've been using it for the past 3-4 days and my kd has shot up. Haven't been using to wa2000 with hardline though, I thought it would be like the M21 in cod4, but it's still a two shot kill eh? I'll give it a try.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been using 2 SMGs a ton lately, the UMP45 and the Vector, both are amazing in their own ways.

UMP45 w/ Silencer and Red Dot
M9 w/ Silencer and Tac Knife
Semtex/Flashx2
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

This is the perfect ghost class, the UMP will 3 shot kill at any range with the Silencer and no Stopping Power, only the FAL can do that. Tac Insertion and Claymores are options but I tend to use this class when I want no one to know I am around, silently taking out groups of enemies, you have to actually see me to know where I am, no help from UAVs and Heatbeat Sensors.

Vector w/ Red Dot
Any secondary really, though I have been using M1014 and am loving it
Claymore/Flashx2
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

I used to hate the Vector, it never seemed to do enough damage, I decided to try it again because its accuracy seemed too good to pass up (I am a slow and methodical player, which leads to me taking shots only when I need to, which lends itself to a high accuracy, I hover around 22%), and the results were amazing, it still takes about 4 bullets for longer range stuff but up close with the accuracy, you rarely lose a battle. I did notice one thing that still irked me, I chewed up ammo really fast so I threw Scavenger on there to keep my supply high and with constant Claymores and a beastly shotgun, I almost never lose CQC.

Hmm weird thing happened to me a few days ago, I was getting Cold blooded to pro and I had 0 of the 40 aircraft you need to shoot down, and then I shot down one chopper gunner and it brought me all the way to 20/40. I don't know why this happened because I shot down some more chopper gunners but this never happened.

Hmm weird thing happened to me a few days ago, I was getting Cold blooded to pro and I had 0 of the 40 aircraft you need to shoot down, and then I shot down one chopper gunner and it brought me all the way to 20/40. I don't know why this happened because I shot down some more chopper gunners but this never happened.
Did you shoot it down with an automatic? I'm pretty sure there was a bug a bit ago where when any aircraft is doing it's explosive death sequence each hit counts as a "kill", thus giving you much more points than usual. Though to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if your case was another bug, so is the case with the MW2 multiplayer beta ;)

In other news, I tried out the P90 today and God, I have done my best yet. The balance betweeen speed and power, plus the huge mags is awesome.

P90 w/ Silencer
AA-12 w/ Grip
Semtex
Flash Grenades
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

The silencer is great for the ghost nature of the set, even without Cold Blooded on I'm still managing great. The iron sights on this are great anyway so I figured I'd use something useful for my gear. I rarely use the AA-12, but it's my favourite shotgun and I can't find a better secondary tbh. Sleight of Hand Pro means that I'm usually down my sights by the time anyone even sees me and then my great rate of fire means I usually come out standing. Stopping Power is obvious, the 3-4HKO is much better than a 4-5 imo. Ninja again adds to the stealth.

Been getting Chopper Gunners here there and everywhere tonight with this, been awesome :D

Did you shoot it down with an automatic? I'm pretty sure there was a bug a bit ago where when any aircraft is doing it's explosive death sequence each hit counts as a "kill", thus giving you much more points than usual. Though to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if your case was another bug, so is the case with the MW2 multiplayer beta ;)
Nope I used the stinger to take it out.

Anyways finally decided to run a full stealth class.

P90 w/ silencer
PP2000 w/silencer
Throwing Knife
Flash Grenades
Marathon Pro
Cold-blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

It's what I think is pretty much near the standard stealth class, and Originally I was using semtex, but I want the throwing knife emblem and since i'm always sneaking up on people its easy to get kills with, I've gotten quite good with it to the point where I find it better in some situations than grenades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)