Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but only if the male if compatible with veusaur for breed and if the poke can learn it by breeding :)

i have one wifi question: what codes i need for use giratina offensivein wifi?
Venusaur can breed with Roserade and it was obvious he knew that since he asked on which level Roselia/Roserade would learn Leaf Storm after breeding with Venusaur.

@Lum Berry
252HP/6SpA/252Spe
Timid nature
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Taunt
~Shadow Ball

Is this a good option for an Uber lead?
It's not bad, however Dual Screen MewTwo works better not as a lead. If you want to use Dual Screener on lead, go with Deoxys-S - it's much faster, making his job easier and with screens he gains surprising bulk (not spectacular, but solid enough to handle more then one use of screens). Also has access to Stealth Rock. So I recommend Deoxys-S for Double screen leading job. If you look however for something bulkier - Uxie is surpsingly good enough. Just go with Specially defensive spread. Against slower leads it almost guarrantess setting up screens. Also may set-up Stealth Rock, which is nice. Your choice ;).

It's not bad, however Dual Screen MewTwo works better not as a lead. If you want to use Dual Screener on lead, go with Deoxys-S - it's much faster, making his job easier and with screens he gains surprising bulk (not spectacular, but solid enough to handle more then one use of screens). Also has access to Stealth Rock. So I recommend Deoxys-S for Double screen leading job. If you look however for something bulkier - Uxie is surpsingly good enough. Just go with Specially defensive spread. Against slower leads it almost guarrantess setting up screens. Also may set-up Stealth Rock, which is nice. Your choice ;).
But Mewtwo is both fast and bulky; anyway, if I opt for Deoxys-S DS, is Shadow Ball the attacking move of choice?
Also, must the standard Deoxys-S lead carry Spikes? I mean, it alrady struggles on more than one turn against ScarfRai, and Psycho Boost is very useful to revenge-kill Gengar and Heracross...

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am without EVERY single one of my carts except a Pearl one with a 30/X/29/31/31/31 Shiny Milotic on it, a Bold event Manaphy with 28/X/26/31/28/13 Ivs on it and a timid Froslass with Ivs of 29/X/26/30/31/31 as well as a Wonder Card Shaymin still waiting to be picked up... How do I start breeding again? And is it even worth it without Fast Egg Hatch, Iv Check, and RNG abusing?

Non-Ice Pokemon who resemble Ice, such as Suicune, Cresselia or even Deoxys (as it is said to cause aurora)...
Anyway, is Selfdestruct vital to ScarfTwo? Is Magic Coat a good idea to bump back Dark Void? Should I ever use Psychic, and if not, why did it even make it to other option?
Also, if I want Mewtwo to have a Fire-type move, Flamethrower or Fire Blast?

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am without EVERY single one of my carts except a Pearl one with a 30/X/29/31/31/31 Shiny Milotic on it, a Bold event Manaphy with 28/X/26/31/28/13 Ivs on it and a timid Froslass with Ivs of 29/X/26/30/31/31 as well as a Wonder Card Shaymin still waiting to be picked up... How do I start breeding again? And is it even worth it without Fast Egg Hatch, Iv Check, and RNG abusing?
If that Milotic is a male, I'd start breeding another Pok'emon in the same egg group. Milotic is in the Water 1 AND Dragon group, so there's plenty of awesome special attacking Pok'emon to choose from. I never use the fast egg hatch, rng abusing and I always do my IV Checking in LV100 wifi battles. Honestly, you can breed all pokemon pretty quickly and still have quality pokemon if you're willing to settle for slightly less than perfect stats (I still always get the 31 in speed). I bred Tyranitar for 39 minutes last night and got 3 with awesome stats, the nature I wanted, two of which with HP Grass. Those tools are unnessisary/for pussies.

Just a few offhand interest questions, primarily directed towards the more respected members.

1. How do you choose mods?
2. What gives you the right to post in Policy Review?

Can someone please tell me some good places to EV train in platinum for HP,Special defence, and Defence? My pokemon will be level 15ish.

How early can you RNG to get a shiny legendary in Platinum? And can you even do it? I just got it and I was thinking of trying to RNG a shiny Giratina, but I am having some doubts.

How early can you RNG to get a shiny legendary in Platinum? And can you even do it? I just got it and I was thinking of trying to RNG a shiny Giratina, but I am having some doubts.
Well, in order to RNG a shiny Pokémon, you need to know your Secret ID (SID), which can only be found by having a previously caught random shiny from the same game, chaining several shinies in that game with the Poké Radar (it usually takes about 6 to narrow the possible SIDs down to one), or using a cheating device (or trading a Pokémon from your game to someone else who can examine it with a cheating device).

Well, in order to RNG a shiny Pokémon, you need to know your Secret ID (SID), which can only be found by having a previously caught random shiny from the same game, chaining several shinies in that game with the Poké Radar (it usually takes about 6 to narrow the possible SIDs down to one), or using a cheating device (or trading a Pokémon from your game to someone else who can examine it with a cheating device).
Well, I'm thinking of using my $25 Target Gift Card to get an AR and I already know how to RNG so All I know need to really know is when's the earliest I can RNG like a Shiny Giratina and stuff. ( and If I can)

Well, I'm thinking of using my $25 Target Gift Card to get an AR and I already know how to RNG so All I know need to really know is when's the earliest I can RNG like a Shiny Giratina and stuff. ( and If I can)
Well, assuming you know your SID (which can be accomplished immediately with an AR), you can RNG for shinies (including legendaries) at any time, so you could certainly get your shiny Giratina when you first encounter it in the Distortion World.

2. What gives you the right to post in Policy Review?
It's granted at staff discretion, if they think you've been making good posts in Stark.

If you RNG manipulate for your Trainer and Secret IDs, from the start - and that also lets you get Shinies with excellent IVs.

Otherwise, you need caught shinies, which will take time.
Don't forget you can kill Giratina in the Distortion World, and then get it later in Turnback Cave. Probably the better option, since you'll have a strong party perhaps with a dedicated catcher, or you can use Emerald cloned Master Balls.

If you RNG manipulate for your Trainer and Secret IDs, from the start - and that also lets you get Shinies with excellent IVs.

Otherwise, you need caught shinies, which will take time.
Don't forget you can kill Giratina in the Distortion World, and then get it later in Turnback Cave. Probably the better option, since you'll have a strong party perhaps with a dedicated catcher, or you can use Emerald cloned Master Balls.
I didnt RNG for my Trainer ID, but I think I will catch it in Turnback Cave. I have about 100 masterballs on my Emerald so that option seems very good.

EDIT: Also, I have RNG'd a bit on Pearl. If that helps anything =]

RNGing is the same on Platinum as on Diamond and Pearl. You'll have to recalibrate your delay, but that's the only difference.

It's mentioned in the legendaries guide, but to get the national dex without catching the lake trio, lose to Uxie and Azelf. Mesprit's stats are set when you release it. I think - but am not certain - that if you KO it you can rerelease it after rebattling the Elite 4. But Mesprit's probably the worst of the trio anyway.

But Mewtwo is both fast and bulky; anyway, if I opt for Deoxys-S DS, is Shadow Ball the attacking move of choice?
Also, must the standard Deoxys-S lead carry Spikes? I mean, it alrady struggles on more than one turn against ScarfRai, and Psycho Boost is very useful to revenge-kill Gengar and Heracross...
It's fast, but not fast enough on lead spot. Deoxys-S works fine as I used it few times as a Double screener. There are three options to use as a last move - Taunt, SuperPower, Shadow Ball. Also loosing automatically against Deoxys, Deo-A and Deo-S leads isn't that great.

Taunt keeps any entry hazard from battlefield with Deo-S speed it's perfect. Forretress has free turns to throw entry hazards and it's surprisingly often on lead spot. MewTwo also may run, but much lower speed makes a difference here. SuperPower is mainly for Dialga and Tyranitar leads and if you want to beat Darkrai leads 1on1, you may run Lum Berry + SuperPower, however I don't recommend it. Shadow Ball is for other Deoxys forms. Your choice ;).

Never, but never use Psycho Boost. Too many pokemon resist it and unlike Deoxys-A power it has on Deoxys-S is crappy, don't even bother with it. And Heracross + Gengar aren't that often to even use it just for them.

Anyway, is Selfdestruct vital to ScarfTwo? Is Magic Coat a good idea to bump back Dark Void? Should I ever use Psychic, and if not, why did it even make it to other option?
Selfdestruct isn't bad on Scarfer, so you may use it, if you really need it or your Blissey weakness is massive. I don't recommend Magic Coat as Darkrai will switch out anyway, as many MewTwo leads are scarfed and won't risk taking Focus Blast. MewTwo also survives Dark Pulse from ScarfRai, so it's another reason not to use it. Imagine - you use Magic Coat and... Scizor, Tyranitar or Metagross switches in. Your MewTwo is dead when they use Pursuit.

Psychic is meh in Ubers because so many pokemon resist it. Too many to even bother with it. Also it gives too many free turns for stuff like Darkrai, Tyranitar or Scizor. So no, never.

Also, if I want Mewtwo to have a Fire-type move, Flamethrower or Fire Blast?
To be honest I prefer Fire Blast for one small reason - Scizor with Rain survives any Flamethrower under rain with bulky EVs. And most Scizors in Ubers are defensive. Fire Blast OHKOes most of them, even in Rain and only the bulkiest 248 HP/252 SpD doesn't die from Fire Blast under Rain.

I hope that helps ;).

If I use Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast on the standard 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Naive lead Azelf (from the analysis), do I miss out on any important OHKOs or 2HKOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)