Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh ok . .but what about minutes? Will the frame change very much if the minutes tick by?
No, it's only when the light changes, so whatever time that happens to be (I forgot), but it's like 4AM changes to morning, 8PM changes to night, etc (those times are probably wrong, but just an estimation).

[edit]
Oh, and Acid Paradox-
The "normal button mashing delay" for HG/SS is 480-500ish, so Mingnot had to add that lil button to make it to where those lower delays showed up.

There are wild pokes on the floor JUST BELOW Ho-oh. There are NOT any wild pokes on the veeeeery top floor where Ho-oh is. My first time around I sweet scented 1 step off the ladder on the floor below him to find my seed before wasting the time advancing my frame. This time however (I'm saved in front of him again on my second runthrough now) I'm just saved right in front of him cuz I've got a "flawless" adamant spread on frame 2. :P
I got the Jolly Ho-Oh I wanted, but tell me, what dou you mean by flawless Adamant spread, if you mean 31/31/31/31/31/31 please tell me the seed & PID since I believe I asked before and was told there was no flawless adamant spread.

One more question, when RNG'ing for Entei, I plan on saving in Lance's chamaber and advancing the frame before battle. When you battle Lance, is there any frame advancement that would affect what Entei you get out of it, such as the battle advancement or the computer controlled dialog after it?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I got the Jolly Ho-Oh I wanted, but tell me, what dou you mean by flawless Adamant spread, if you mean 31/31/31/31/31/31 please tell me the seed & PID since I believe I asked before and was told there was no flawless adamant spread.

One more question, when RNG'ing for Entei, I plan on saving in Lance's chamaber and advancing the frame before battle. When you battle Lance, is there any frame advancement that would affect what Entei you get out of it, such as the battle advancement or the computer controlled dialog after it?
Oh, no, I said "flawless" with quotes. The SAtk is like 14 or something, but I'll never use it so I don't count it ("x").

For Entei, what I did was save in the cave just before the E4 and Sweet Scent to check my seed because there currently isn't a way to check your seed outside of Sweet Scenting. I didn't want to waste any time if I wasn't actually on my target seed. I only had to beat the E4 like 5 times to figure out just how to advance my frames properly that way. This next time (now), I'll probably only have to beat it twice doing it that way. The ONLY thing that can throw you off then is that OOOOONE STUPID MOVING NPC in the E4 lobby, but if you hit the same seed and walk as quickly as possible straight up and talk to the doorman to get through as quickly as possible both times you hit your seed and try it, the NPC WILL advance your frame by the same amount each time (at least that was my experienc all 5 times).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's why he put "flawless" in quotes - it's not truly flawless. He's referring to a 31\31\31\X\31\31 spread, because special attack generally does not matter to an Adamant Pokemon.

Not as far as anyone knows.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That's why he put "flawless" in quotes - it's not truly flawless. He's referring to a 31\31\31\X\31\31 spread, because special attack generally does not matter to an Adamant Pokemon.

Not as far as anyone knows.
Oh! Hey! i meant to tell you! Thanks for the advice about higher delay > higher frames! It's helping me out a lot! :D

Okay, so I just got the PikaTimer 2.0, and I'm having some trouble with it. I've entered all the information it needs (I think). I've given it my average delay, 599, my target delay, 911, the second I need, 59, and I click create timer. It created the seconds needed before the reset, and also the seconds needed to hit the delay. So I pressed start, but nothing happened. The help and end button don't respond either. I also tried the 3rd gen tab, but the buttons wouldn't respond. Anyone else having this trouble?

Okay, so I just got the PikaTimer 2.0, and I'm having some trouble with it. I've entered all the information it needs (I think). I've given it my average delay, 599, my target delay, 911, the second I need, 59, and I click create timer. It created the seconds needed before the reset, and also the seconds needed to hit the delay. So I pressed start, but nothing happened. The help and end button don't respond either. I also tried the 3rd gen tab, but the buttons wouldn't respond. Anyone else having this trouble?
Having used his timer successfully a few times, the only thing I can think of is did you hit 'create timer' after putting the information in? You'd have to ask Pikachu if it ends up being a technical problem, but all I can say is I've used it successfully for RNG's in both 3rd and 4th gen games.

I got it to work. I had it on a flash drive, since I had downloaded it on another computer earlier which it didn't work on, so I copied it there. Once I put it onto this computer, it worked fine. Wish me luck (goes to get a False Swipper real quick).

You would need to use Pandora's Box to figure out your SID from your ID. Basically enter the month\day\year\time your ID was generated and it can figure out the matching SID. Furthermore, the process of RNGing a particular ID\SID for HGSS has NOT been documented (i.e. there are no guides to it, not something I recommend if you're new to RNGing stuff)

Then you would have to use RNG Reporter to search for shiny spreads that land on frame 1, since you don't have a consistent way to advance the RNG at that point.
I'm using ID Finder right now to find my SID . .but it appears I need to input my min and max delay values as well. I have no idea what the delay values for my Soul Silver game are (apart from knowing the range is about 480-500ish). What should I do to find my SID? Am I using the wrong version of ID Finder?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm using ID Finder right now to find my SID . .but it appears I need to input my min and max delay values as well. I have no idea what the delay values for my Soul Silver game are (apart from knowing the range is about 480-500ish). What should I do to find my SID? Am I using the wrong version of ID Finder?
ok your delays when you just start the game are not the delays referred to when RNG your ID/SID combos the delay it refers to is the delay from starting a new file to the point your ID/SID are created, so the time it takes from when you start the game to begin a new file to the point when your ID/SID are created. No you are not using the wrong version just follow the instructions on the post by WildEep on the first page. And someone may know at what point your ID/SID are created as I have not attempted ID manipulation on those games.

ok your delays when you just start the game are not the delays referred to when RNG your ID/SID combos the delay it refers to is the delay from starting a new file to the point your ID/SID are created, so the time it takes from when you start the game to begin a new file to the point when your ID/SID are created. No you are not using the wrong version just follow the instructions on the post by WildEep on the first page. And someone may know at what point your ID/SID are created as I have not attempted ID manipulation on those games.
Does that time include running through the opening credits of the game?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does that time include running through the opening credits of the game?
yes according to the post at the front of the page by WildEep even the fastest game will take over a minute to get to the point of ID/SID creation so your delay will be pretty high maybe 5000 or more

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hello

I have a question. Whn RNG'ing for Entei, at the E4, when is the spead decided on, when you talk to lance, or otherwise?
It's determined the moment you save your game after beating him I'm pretty sure, but once you talk to him, there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE that can advance your frame, so you could say it's at that point too.

It's determined the moment you save your game after beating him I'm pretty sure, but once you talk to him, there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE that can advance your frame, so you could say it's at that point too.
I now know from actually doing it and viewing the memory in desmume. The spread is decided when you talk to Lance to initiate the battle, even though the frame advances in battle when you return to the field the seed is reset to the seed when you talked to him to battle him. It stays like this to the credits, where the seed advances 1 for every pokemon memeber of your party(I had 1) and then saves. But I reiterate, the spread is selected when one talks to lance to initiate battle.

yes according to the post at the front of the page by WildEep even the fastest game will take over a minute to get to the point of ID/SID creation so your delay will be pretty high maybe 5000 or more

Okay. .and so would the end-time (or seed determining time) for Soul Silver be from the point where the game opens to a shot of you in your room . .right after the opening credits? Is the end time and seed determining time the same thing as mentioned by WildEep?

Also . .does the ID finder record time in 24 hour time?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Furthermore, that 5000 only applies for DPPt. We don't know what the typical delay with HGSS will be.

in rng manipulation of wild pokemon in emerald the guide states that you should be early to hit your spread when using a synchronizer. For example lets say i want to hit a spread at 0.25.00 So at what time should i press A at the sweet scenter? Just to get an idea of how early i should act.thanks.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
in rng manipulation of wild pokemon in emerald the guide states that you should be early to hit your spread when using a synchronizer. For example lets say i want to hit a spread at 0.25.00 So at what time should i press A at the sweet scenter? Just to get an idea of how early i should act.thanks.
Synchronize forwards the RNG to the next spread with a nature matching that of the Synchronizer.

Let's say you're aiming for a Jolly spread at 0.25.00. We look at the spread list and we see Jolly spread that comes before that was at 0.24.12. You would need to press A anytime between 0.24.12 and 0.25.00 to get the correct one. So, you should aim for something in between - like 0.24.56.

Synchronize forwards the RNG to the next spread with a nature matching that of the Synchronizer.

Let's say you're aiming for a Jolly spread at 0.25.00. We look at the spread list and we see Jolly spread that comes before that was at 0.24.12. You would need to press A anytime between 0.24.12 and 0.25.00 to get the correct one. So, you should aim for something in between - like 0.24.56.
wow.thanks. i had misunderstood that part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)