First RMT (at least here at Smogon).

Wow. First post in the community and it's an RMT.

I've been using this team for quite a while now (at least until I went on hiatus on Shoddy), and it works pretty well. Well, here's the team.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
Suicide Aerodactyl. This Pokémon has two roles for my team:
1. To set up SR. The point of this team, after all, is to set up hazards to weaken opposing teams to set up an easier sweep.
2. To take down a Pokémon or two before dying. Aerodactyl is a sacrifice, and I intend to make it do as much as possible before dying. the Adamant Nature is to give it more power to hit opposing Pokémon.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpAtk
~ Surf
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power Electric
Once Aerodactyl goes, Tentacruel can switch in safely. It's pretty obvious what this guy is supposed to do. Unlike Aerodactyl, though, this guy's purpose is to sponge some hits, get in two layers of TS and Rapid Spin (if he's still around). Hopefully, his bulk will be enough to get in two layers of TS.

Rotom (Cut Forme) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 HP, 168 Def, 88 Spe
~ Leaf Storm
~ Discharge
~ Shadow Ball
~ Will-O-Wisp
What's the point of entry hazards without a spin blocker? Rotom certainly claims to that title. Leaf Storm and Shadow Ball to cover opposing Rapid Spinners and Ghosts, Discharge and WoW for status. I chose Cut Forme to mimic the coverage I had with Celebi.

Latias @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP, 228 Def, 28 Spe
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Wish
~ Reflect
~ Roar
Latias is my support Pokémon. I decided on Latias, because even though she's no Blissey, she does have a Fighting-type resist and Earthquake immunity. I miss the Natural Cure though, 'cause WoW, Thunder Wave and Toxic cripples her greatly, though not so much.

I tried Healing Wish on her before, but it's difficult to pull it off, and I can't really afford to sacrifice a Pokémon like that.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Mild/Rash Nature
4 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
~ Flamethrower (or Fire Blast if I feel like a risktaker)
~ Explosion
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Earth Power
Heatran's one of the best revenge killers I can think of. He has an awesome move pool and good stats. Mild/Rash so as to not reduce Explosion's damage.
Heatran's also an important secondary sweeper. IMO, it complements Scizor well because of Flash Fire.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Swords Dance
~ Pursuit
I don't really like Choice Band on him, so I think Life Orb is a decent alternative. Anyway, it's Scizor, the final element of the team, my main Physical Sweeper. I try to save him as a final Pokémon. The reason is given below. (Edit: I just realized that since this Scizor is supposed to be saved for last, I changed U-turn to Swords Dance)

The reason why Scizor should be kept last is because he works so much better when all the enemy Pokémon are weakened from status or damage. That's where the first three Pokémon come in. Stealth Rock is the most reliable entry hazard, and Aerodactyl uses it well. It has modest amounts of power, while its speed is so high that it's almost guaranteed to get SR in, while also being able to cripple opposing leads with damage. Toxic Spikes works well with this team because most of the Pokémon not affected by TS are covered well by the remaining members.

Well, there we go. I hope I had everything covered. I'd really appreciate some comments and suggestions for the team.

Hello

You could try Rock Slide on Aerodactyl over Stone Edge, it has better acc. and the flinch rate might help. But this team is more defensive so I think a Gliscor lead would fit the team better here:

Gliscor @ leftovers/ jolly/ sand veil
248 HP, 44 Def, 216 Spe

- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn/ Taunt

--> Gliscor is more defensive so he would be better on a team like this. Earthquake is STAB'ed and helps you deal with Metagross and Heatran leads. Stealth Rock is always nice to have on the field and Gliscor is a fine candidate for setting it up. Roost is to keep Gliscor nice and healthy. Since most opponents see Taunt comming my primairy option for a 4th move is U-turn. U-turn is also the move to use against Azelf leads as they will expect you to SR so you probably get Taunted, besides U-turn will break their sash. But Taunt could work too, especiallywhen Toxic Spikes has been set up so your opponent can heal itself. Gliscor gives you a sloid check to Tyranitar and Lucario so don't use him as a suicide lead like you would with Aerodactyl. Gliscor's weaknesses are now also fully countered by Tentacruel as Gliscor is, unlike Aerodactyl, not weak to electric moves.

Tentacruel would rather appreciate those 136 EV's is SDef then in SAtk. Sludge Bomb is the better option here because Latias covers Gyarados pretty well and Sludge Bomb let's you poison flying types and pokemon with the levitate ability. It also has better types coverage.

I would go with a defensive CM set on Latias. Latias lures out Scizor who could be a threat to the team when Heatran goes down. It can also act as a late game sweeper:

Latias @ leftovers/ timid/ levitate
204 HP / 128 Def / 176 Spe

- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- HP fire

--> Calm Mind is the essence of this set. After a couple of those Latias will be next to impossible to take down on the Special side. Dragon Pulse will be you main attacking move and after some CM it will do decent damage to anything. Recover is to let Latias be healthy so it can sweep longer. HP fire is to kill Scizor who is likelly to come in to Pursuit or U-turn.
The EV's spread is to make Make Latias as bulky as possible but still letting it outspeed positive base 100 spe like Salamence. 204 HP EV's also give maximum Leftovers recovery.

On Heatran go with a Rash nature and Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower. The extra power could score you some important KO's.

I also suggest Roost on Scizor instead of Pursuit. Scizor is rather bulky and it would like a way to heal itself up.

Hope I helped!

Just a quick suggestion,

You should try out Iron Plate over Life Orb on Scizor. It helps bluff a Choice Band (you really don't want to reveal your Item) and still boosts the power of Bullet Punch

My first RMT rate so yeah :D
Anyways I suggest running Jolly On aero If you really do intend it to be suicidal. I do like the lead Delko advised for your team. Tentacruel @ Leftovers Calm Nature 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpDef is also more beneficial. You can try to run a Calm Mind Latias as well. Although wish does support your team well. Just Watch out for D-Dance Babari t-tar. Gliscor does well so you might want to use that instead of aero.

For your latias, since it sets up Reflect, give it a calm nature to have bulk on both sides. Invest evs in sp.def, def, and hp. If needed sp.atk. with a bold nature, though, you might want to try out a calm mind set to give it bulk like I said before and Brick Break wont stop it.

On Aerodactyl, Jolly will do much better. If you want it to do Damage to your team, you also need speed. Weavile or Ambipom will have an easy time going through it's sash with a fake out and kill it pretty quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)