Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Well, Shoddy tries to implement game mechanics exactly how they would be in the game, but without Hax, so no, I don't think it is... I may be wrong, though.

@ Scrublock - If your on smogon -- new team and just rebuild. if your on smogon, and making a new team idk. If your OPENing a team, then just put the pokes in boxes, and make new team.

my crobat wont learn super fang, i tried rebuilding as a new team and it still didnt work. i have seen another crobat use super fang against me though..

How / where do you report an unfair ban?
PM a mod or admin. You can find a list of them here. In my experience Aeolus and Kevin Garrett are very nice. However, you'd better be prepared to have a very good case, as these claims are very seldom acted upon. Don't get me wrong, they have demodded people before (goofball) for abusing but it doesn't happen very often; due to users overblowing things, etc.

Anyway, my question is more of a curiosity than anything else. When I play at Yahoo Euchre, which uses Java, I get the little coffee cup in my systray but Shoddy doesn't make it come on. What's the reason for this?

Okay, I want to play Shoddybattle for the first time in months. It worked for me a couple of months ago. However, I don't know what the problem is now. The application starts up okay, but apparently it wont update to the latest version. No servers show up and I cannot connect to Smogon's server manually either. Nothing pops up when I press New Team, though I can still edit my old teams. When I say it apparently doesn't update, I mean I can't find moves such as ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite, so I assume it hasn't updated to the new movesets yet.

Can anyone help me out? What do I need to do to fix this problem? How can I help you help me?

PM a mod or admin. You can find a list of them here. In my experience Aeolus and Kevin Garrett are very nice. However, you'd better be prepared to have a very good case, as these claims are very seldom acted upon. Don't get me wrong, they have demodded people before (goofball) for abusing but it doesn't happen very often; due to users overblowing things, etc.

Anyway, my question is more of a curiosity than anything else. When I play at Yahoo Euchre, which uses Java, I get the little coffee cup in my systray but Shoddy doesn't make it come on. What's the reason for this?
He's the guy who gave me a week long ban for saying 1 sentence in all caps lol.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay, I want to play Shoddybattle for the first time in months. It worked for me a couple of months ago. However, I don't know what the problem is now. The application starts up okay, but apparently it wont update to the latest version. No servers show up and I cannot connect to Smogon's server manually either. Nothing pops up when I press New Team, though I can still edit my old teams. When I say it apparently doesn't update, I mean I can't find moves such as ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite, so I assume it hasn't updated to the new movesets yet.

Can anyone help me out? What do I need to do to fix this problem? How can I help you help me?
Try updating to the latest version of Java. Also, downloading Shoddy Battle again might help as well.

With respect to the updated moves, you must be logged into a server that allows HGSS moves and use the team builder from within the server itself. The Smogon University server allows HGSS moves.

Try updating to the latest version of Java. Also, downloading Shoddy Battle again might help as well.

With respect to the updated moves, you must be logged into a server that allows HGSS moves and use the team builder from within the server itself. The Smogon University server allows HGSS moves.
My Java is the latest version (checked on the java site) and downloading Shoddybattle again doesn't help. No servers are showing up and whenever I try Advanced it says: Error: Connection Refused: Connect.

Everytime I try to log on to a server, the following chain of events happens:

1. I get a message that I typed in my username/password incorrectly or I am already logged in.
2. I click "Log In" again. I log in.
3. I click "Find Match" and battle someone.
4. I click "Find Match" again: error message, I'm forced to disconnect.

What should I do: it is very annoying to have to relogin every time I want to battle again, and I can't battle 2 people at once?

According to my CRE i should be on the UU leaderboard as shown here;

However if you look at the leaderboard my name doesnt appear there, why the heck is this ?

Can anyone explain this odd glitch?

Basically, my opponent left, and the game somehow thinks my Gliscor is scarfed (when it's obviously not...it used Roost and EQ previously). My next Pokemon was a Blissey with Leftovers.

I know it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all, but does anyone have an explanation if for no other reason than just to satisfy my curiosity?

I've also noticed weird things like that when my opponent leaves, however I have yet to ever encounter such a glitch in any other situation (in other words, I have yet to encounter the glitch before the battle was over).

And Shoddy Battle 2 comes out tomorrow.

I see credits listred on trading threads. How does one earn credits on this site and how can you view the number of credits you have and send credits?

@YJiang, this sometimes happens when your opponent leaves the room. The opponent's item and your item are switched. Sometimes the opposite happens where your Pokemon is switched with your opponent's. And Yea I agreed that this is a weird glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)