The Best NBA Player At Each Position

Also while Dwight is the defensive center piece for last year's best defensive team (and reigning DPOY I believe) Amare = No defense

And for one or two points extra a game, and less rebounds, that just doesn't cut it.

I love Amare though at the PF position.

For this season...

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Dwight Howard

For the rest of you saying Deron Williams, Steve Nash is having a better season that the two years he won MVP, and has the Suns at the top of the West in a season when most predicted the Suns wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Basically the same with Dirk Nowitzki, he literally single-handedly has the Mavs leading the Southwest, which is why I have him over Tim Duncan.

Theres no dispute over SG and SF...

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Dwight Howard

Howard is better than Bynum without question. Lol to Wade over Kobe. I thought you were seriously for a moment. Chris Paul bring more speed, better defense, and more scoring ability than Williams. He also out assists and outscores him like every year.

Yao is better than Howard (gasp! did someone just say that Bynum is 2nd to Howard? silly laker fans!).

In every single game they've played against each other, Yao has destroyed Howard. What can Howard do? Just use his physicality to defend, and on the offense, all he ever does is dunk.

On the other hand, Yao has a nice shooting touch, his turn-around jumper is unblockable, his defense has made a huge impact on the Rockets (look at this season, the Rockets aren't nearly as good defensively as last). And of course, he has had many injuries which have slowed him down..

Basically the same with Dirk Nowitzki, he literally single-handedly has the Mavs leading the Southwest
Really? What about Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, and Jason Terry?

Yao is better than Howard (gasp! did someone just say that Bynum is 2nd to Howard? silly laker fans!).

In every single game they've played against each other, Yao has destroyed Howard. What can Howard do? Just use his physicality to defend, and on the offense, all he ever does is dunk.

On the other hand, Yao has a nice shooting touch, his turn-around jumper is unblockable, his defense has made a huge impact on the Rockets (look at this season, the Rockets aren't nearly as good defensively as last). And of course, he has had many injuries which have slowed him down..

As a Rockets fan it amazes me how Yao fails to avg 23-13 at least.

Honestly he has no excuses. Well except for the fact that he has the stamina of 400 pound 60 year old man.

And shieeeeet Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton (sp?) pulling guns on each other.

WHY DO THEY HAVE GUNS IN A LOCKER ROOM!?

Well, id think anybody would have the stamina of yao when you're 7'6 and arent exactly the greatest athlete. He had done a decent job, but like anybody whos that big his body is just going to continue to break down like Bill Walton

Okay, I admit Dirk has a decent supporting cast, but if you consider where the Mavs would be without him scoring 25-30 points a game... A lot of people expected Dallas to be at the bottom of the West, or barely making the playoffs.

pg-Chris Paul
sg-Kobe Bryant
sf-Lebron James
pf- Kevin Garnett
c-Brook Lopez
GTFO with Brook Lopez lmao -_______-. If the Nets had just a few more wins than 3 I might actually take this seriously, but when Chris-Douglas Roberts is one of their best players I cant

A lot of you are saying Chris Paul for Point Guard...is it because of the last few seasons? This season, his numbers are still decent, but where are the Hornets? They've been consistently less than .500 for the whole season, and thats the reason Paul isn't even on the MVP map. Steve Nash has almost the same numbers as Paul (2 points per game less, 1 assist more), but he has the Suns 7 games over .500, surprising to even me. And you have to give him credit, he's doing it all at 35 years old.

@Kogssk Brook Lopez? Really? the Nets are 3-30

Chris paul is heavily weighed down by the hornets, more so than Nash by the Suns.
^^^

Chris Paul really doesnt have that much help around him. Emeka Okafor isnt really that good, and besides David West he really has nobody. I cant even name who their starting SG is, and if Peja even still starts on that team hes extremely old. Thats how bad it is I cant even name their starting SG/SF... On the other hand, Nash has a little better team around him. Channing Frye's no great center, but hes stepped his game up to fit in that offense. Jason Richardson isnt that old, and Stoudamire is still Stoudamire.

I'd have to say after friday's brilliant performace, Nate Robinson deserves a spot on those rankings.
well what Nate Robinson did doesn't count because the Pacers were absolutely terrible. Although he does have a pretty good mastcotty looking face.
(ha i know thats not a word but in my dictionary it is)

I think there was some talk earlier on about Gilbert Arenas being somewhere in the list... i guess thats over now eh?

He is such a dumbass.

well what Nate Robinson did doesn't count because the Pacers were absolutely terrible. Although he does have a pretty good mastcotty looking face.
(ha i know thats not a word but in my dictionary it is)

I think there was some talk earlier on about Gilbert Arenas being somewhere in the list... i guess thats over now eh?

He is such a dumbass.
Mainly cause of the Wizards' epic failure. But hes putting the numbers up.

PG: Steve Nash- hard to pick among PG, but Steve Nash's freakish passing ability makes him a very unique PG and powerful field general.
SG: Kobe Bryant- no brainer, best shooting player in the game, top 2 offensive game with Lebron
SF: Lebron James- another no brainer, freakish talents, best all-around offensive player
PF: Tim Duncan- Old and still a powerhouse. Best all-around PF offensively and defensively
C: Dwight Howard- only real way to beat this guy is to force him to shoot free throws or mob him.

Honorable Mentions:

PG: Chris Paul- one of your do-it all PG, would argubly be #1 but Nash's passing ability is too unique.
Jason Kidd- In his prime, he would be the best PG.

SG: Dwyane Wade- Elite talent and top 3 in combining talent with athleticism.
Brandon Roy- Has one of the best intangibles in the game.

SF: Carmelo Anthony- Real good offense game with only offensive downfall is his ability to hit more 3s and decision-making, hard to beat 1on1.
Kevin Durant- Potential Top 3-5 offensive game, but needs to work on decision making.

PF: Kevin Garnett- Another all-around PF, a little better D than Timmy but has less intangibles than Tim Duncan (other than energy).
Dirk Nowitizki- Elite PF offensive game who can beat you on the post, mid-range, long-rage.

C: Yao Ming- Top 2 Center today and could arguably be #1 if not for his damn durability and stamina.
Pau Gasol- I would give Shaq the nod here as Pau Gasol isn't really a true center, but Pau Gasol plays the position well offensively and defensively. Has good passing ability for a center and his hook is deadly.

There's my list, cya

Mainly cause of the Wizards' epic failure. But hes putting the numbers up.
anyone could put those numbers up when you take the most shots per game in the league (i think)

besides, his shooting percentage is shit (not including hand guns), and he gets quite a few turnovers as well. Combine that with the ridiculous contract he has and he is quote possibly the worst player in the league. Washington wizards fans should be exctremely happy he got suspended as now they can save money and build there team around a superstar who isnt shittacular

A lot of you are saying Chris Paul for Point Guard...is it because of the last few seasons? This season, his numbers are still decent, but where are the Hornets? They've been consistently less than .500 for the whole season, and thats the reason Paul isn't even on the MVP map. Steve Nash has almost the same numbers as Paul (2 points per game less, 1 assist more), but he has the Suns 7 games over .500, surprising to even me. And you have to give him credit, he's doing it all at 35 years old.

@Kogssk Brook Lopez? Really? the Nets are 3-30
Chris Paul was also out for 8 games which slowed down the hornets a bit, otherwise they might be the current 7 or 8 seed. And as stated he has almost no support. Put him on a team like isnt amazing but has all around somewhat decent players and hell get them to the top.
But, I am a biased hornets fan so yeah....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)