Full Circle [Warstory] Clutch and Explosive! (OU)

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
wow that Explosion thing is really ghey.

Anyway, good warstory, both you and your opponent played very well (but really, LO on a SubTran?).

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I really didn't plan on reading this, but then your azelf caught my eye and I'm glad I'm did. It was a good warstory, it just irks me that you didn't sub. Also your formating was very nice. Good job!

During the Heatran vs. Vaporeon matchup, you could've easily brought in Celebi on the HP Electric / Grass and got your Rocks up. Having SR up would've won you the game and Celebi was useless anyway considering Chen had Scizor and Heatran who both laugh heartily at Leaf Storm and U-turn. At one point Heatran was at 20% so you didn't have to fear him subbing while you set up rocks.

Cool warstory though. Nicely written. :]

During the Heatran vs. Vaporeon matchup, you could've easily brought in Celebi on the HP Electric / Grass and got your Rocks up.
the problem is that he didnt know that this heatran was packing a super effective hidden power as the majorly runs toxic over a certain hp,switching into heatran with celebi at first may sound like a crazy idea mainly since heatran laughs at everything barrng earth power which most SR celebis rarely carry(i think)untill to take the fact that he was carrying hp with life orb

wow that Explosion thing is really ghey.

Anyway, good warstory, both you and your opponent played very well (but really, LO on a SubTran?).
LO SubTran is good, try it, it hits like a nuke and sub is nice because scarftran is a common switch in.

Nice warstory dude, I run chople berry on a bulkyheatran, its the best scizor counter, it can switch into a superpower, and Ko with flamethrower. anyway good read, hope to see some more!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And this just illustrates how damn weak flygon is. I mean, even Adamant hits pathetically, and here's everyone using jolly. :/

I enjoyed the formatting, and Missingno made me happy. Glad you put a team recap after the first act of the battle; it made following the flow less of a hassle. :) Next time, put another after the second act, and see if the formatting can't be lined up better.

Warstory was such fun to read that I didn't mind the low-key tenor and the occasional mistakes from either party. Looking forward to another.

It's battles like these that show just how useful Stealth Rock is (you appeared to have noone on your team who had it?); he would have lost when he used Superpower on Scizor (which was stupid anyway, he should have used Bullet Punch. He had a huge health advantage, and he knew you had a Ghost, and even if he didn't, locking onto an attack that gives -1 Atk is pointless at the end of the game. You'd also have been able to OHKO Salamence with Outrage.

Also, after you used Wish, you could have switched Vaporeon out. Any switch-in (Geangar comes to mind, particularly, since it resists the obvious HP Grass, outspeeds and KOs at 10% and threatens most of the switch-ins) would have taken the hit, used the Wish to heal up and finished it off.

Something I don't understand, why did you assume the Rotom-H was scarfed? Why didn't you assume it was a standard one right away? I don't understand, unless you had prior experience with this battler in the day or week, why you would just go "Rotom-H switched in on my Flygon! It must be scarfed!" instead of assume "This Rotom-H switched in to absorb a U-turn or take a Dragon Claw." Confused.

This is old. o.O

Something I don't understand, why did you assume the Rotom-H was scarfed? Why didn't you assume it was a standard one right away? I don't understand, unless you had prior experience with this battler in the day or week, why you would just go "Rotom-H switched in on my Flygon! It must be scarfed!" instead of assume "This Rotom-H switched in to absorb a U-turn or take a Dragon Claw." Confused.

This is old. o.O
Well he didn't see Leftovers recovery when he switched in Gengar. I think he was thinking: "either I see Leftovers or I don't. If I do, I shadow ball cuz im faster. If I don't, he's scarfed and will shadow ball my steel type."

And yea this is old. o.O

Self-KO clause is broken on Shoddy...which sucks. The battle was by rights a win for boredomisbliss with the clause, or a draw without.

It was a pretty nice warstory, nice strategy to get the Latias kill lol. But I agree, you could've made some better moves (sub on scizor) MVP: Stealth Rock, to get that Heatran kill. Nice job on the formatting too!

EDIT: just saw the date too :P

Great warstory. But, there is also another mistake you made that could've turned the game around. I hate when people think that once their Pokemon is weakened it's useless for the remainder of the battle. This is not true. You had Wish set up from Vaporeon, even though you did not have Protect you could've made an easy switch to Flygon on that HP Grass and recovered back your HP. And in the same time saved your Vaporeon as bait on taking an attack in the future or revenge killing something. This was very crucial and I would enlist it in the slops. Like when that Latias hit with an obvious Draco Meteor, you could've used Vaporeon as bait to take the hit and save your Azelf.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I haven't seen MissingNo. sprites in ages. Cool warstory, and once I lost a match just like this because my opponent's Magnezone Exploded and survived against my Blissey. Good job, nice commentary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)