(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On Abomasnow analysis, I decapitalized all instances of the word "hail" as weather effects aren't supposed to be capital.

On Uxie analysis, I decapitalized "dual screens"(dual screener set)

On Tauros analysis, I added a hyphen after "Rock"(physical attacker), capitalized "Sub" on (sub endeavor set), capitalized the "o" in "Will-O-Wisp" (counters) and removed space between "porygon2" (counters)

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Some small corrections in the latest issue of the smog:

Type Analysis - Normal:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue6/type_analysis_normal

2nd paragraph: -but a few Pokemon cling to Standard thianks to good
-That same bulk makes Snorlax a decently effective Chouce Bander,

3rd paragraph: -While rather frail, 130 base Special Attack combined with 90 base Speed (porygon-z has 135 base spa)

8th paragraph: -These Pokemon don't awlays have the best stats,

9th paragraph: -exchanging a chunk of attacking power for a ridiculous 120 base Speed stat (swellow has 125 speed)
-STAB Guts-boosted Facades and Brave Birds do plenty of damage even from an 80 base Attack (not 80, it's 85).

Type Analysis - Ground:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue6/type_analysis_ground

4th paragraph: While Swampert is normally used as a defensive Pokémon, its 110 base Attack and 80 base Special Attack must not be forgotten. (swampert has 85 base spa)

5th paragraph: and returning fire with an Ice Beam off of base 80 Special Attack (again, swampy has 85 base spa)

Starting to look through some articles for errors:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/rain_offense

In the contents, 'Speeds to hit' is not capitalized, where as the rest of the titles are. I feel 'Speeds To Hit' or 'Speeds to Hit' would work better.

At the end of the last Rain Introduction paragraph there is an unneeded ellipses 'and access to high powered moves such as Hydro Pump... they have good reason to be worried.' I think a comma word work better.

When introducing Zapdos as a Rain Dance lead, it makes reference to Jirachi, who is below it. Perhaps switch the places of the two, so that the reference makes sense. Also, it refers to Zapdos being able to 'roost it off'. The r should be capitalized. Finally, 'rain dancer' in the second paragraph should be capitalized, to be consistent with the rest of the article.

In the Jirachi section, there is a spelling error, with 'It bulk and resistances mean'. It should be 'It's'. Also it says 'also set us Stealth Rock'. It should read also set up Stealth Rock.

In Omastar's section: there is a mistake with: 'of a swift swim sweeper' as swift swim should be capitalized.

I shall continue with the rest tomorrow.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I fixed all of _Apocalypse_'s errors besides:

When introducing Zapdos as a Rain Dance lead, it makes reference to Jirachi, who is below it. Perhaps switch the places of the two, so that the reference makes sense.

Fixed all4game's choice scarf mistake below, the rest is a big change.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/tyranitar
Tyranitar Dragon Dance Set
It looks like it got mixed up a bit...

"This set may not pose the same immediate threat as the Choice Bander does, but it is capable of running through an entire team when played correctly. Stone Edge and Crunch provide the deadly dual STAB combination that Tyranitar is famous for. Fire Punch rounds off the set by giving an option to hit Steel-types, such as Forretress, Lucario, and perhaps most importantly, Scizor, for super effective damage. However,

Choosing between Adamant or Jolly is choosing whether you want to do more damage, or be able to outspeed more Aqua Tail is also a good option as it allows you to effectively deal with Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Heatran as well as gaining better type coverage. Earthquake gives you an immediate OHKO on Jirachi and even the standard Metagross after some residual damage. Earthquake also won't miss where it counts against a Pokemon such as Infernape or an enemy Tyranitar.

things, respectively. If you choose Adamant, after one Dragon Dance, Tyranitar will reach 332 Speed, which is enough to outspeed neutral base 115s and positive natured base 100s. Jolly allows Tyranitar to reach 364 Speed, which allows you to beat everything up to positive-natured base 115s, including Azelf and Starmie. Often the extra Speed is necessary to prevent you from being revenge killed by speedy threats such as Infernape and Latias, at the cost of losing the chance to OHKO or 2HKO many of the bulkier walls."

I think it's supposed to be this:

This set may not pose the same immediate threat as the Choice Bander does, but it is capable of running through an entire team when played correctly. Stone Edge and Crunch provide the deadly dual STAB combination that Tyranitar is famous for. Fire Punch rounds off the set by giving an option to hit Steel-types, such as Forretress, Lucario, and perhaps most importantly, Scizor, for super effective damage. However, Aqua Tail is also a good option as it allows you to effectively deal with Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Heatran as well as gaining better type coverage. Earthquake gives you an immediate OHKO on Jirachi and even the standard Metagross after some residual damage. Earthquake also won't miss where it counts against a Pokemon such as Infernape or an enemy Tyranitar.

Choosing between Adamant or Jolly is choosing whether you want to do more damage, or be able to outspeed morethings, respectively. If you choose Adamant, after one Dragon Dance, Tyranitar will reach 332 Speed, which is enough to outspeed neutral base 115s and positive natured base 100s. Jolly allows Tyranitar to reach 364 Speed, which allows you to beat everything up to positive-natured base 115s, including Azelf and Starmie. Often the extra Speed is necessary to prevent you from being revenge killed by speedy threats such as Infernape and Latias, at the cost of losing the chance to OHKO or 2HKO many of the bulkier walls.

EDIT: Also, in the Choice Scarf set:

"Tyranitar edges out many dangerous Overused threats such as Starmie, Azelf, Infernape, Gengar, Salamence, and Lucario, and scores an OHKO on all of them."

From "Opinion" on the Walrein DP analysis:

"Walrein is a fine tank in UU play, sporting handy resists to Ice, Fire and Water, and while its offensive stats are nothing special, they are more than adequate for a predominantly defensive Pokémon."

Walrein doesn't resist Fire unless using thick fat, and it often won't.

Komodo

Huff
Actually, three out of four sets on that analysis use Thick Fat as the ability, so this is why it is mentioned, going with the majority. I don't think this requires a change :)

It should be better now.

I still disagree with the word choice, because "resists" is very misleading to the average reader. At the very least I suggest a parenthetic reference to Thick Fat.

I found this in the Salamence analysis under "Classic Mixmence".
"Flamethrower is a more reliable but significantly less powerful option in Fire Blast's stead; usually, though, the power drop isn't worth the raised accuracy."
I believe it should read, "the raised accuracy isn't worth the power drop."

Komodo

Huff
I found this in the Salamence analysis under "Classic Mixmence".
I believe it should read, "the raised accuracy isn't worth the power drop."
This isn't correct as it refers to Flamethrower, saying the Base Power isn't worth gaining some accuracy over Fire Blast. No change needs to be made.

Only once did Deoxys-S was Deoxys-S not the #1 lead ever since the conception of the Stealth Rock/Spikes/Taunt lead set
This has to be corrected to: Deoxys-S wasn't the #1 lead only once ever since...

metagame, such as kyogre, Groudon, Mewtwo, and Darkrai
The capital K for Kyogre was forgotten.

fast base 110 Speed which allow s it to
Random space o.o

Special Defense stats help her be strong both offensively and defensively.(some comment needed to be added after that bit as how it was it was just stating something without going anywhere, obviously how you finish it off is up to you, I've put in an idea) Because
A full stop is always after the stuff in parenthesises, as it still belongs to the same sentence and not to the next one.

one of the best revenge killers in the game, outrunning even Choice Scarf Palkia even.
Underlined 'even' is excessive.

as they’re both offensively-minded Pokémon ,
while Kyogre resists Fire-type attacks. . Secondly,
Again, random spacing.

Posting here as there isn't such thread specifically for The Smog.
Link

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Manriki's post has been taken care of.

EDIT: Actually, that extra "even" is excessive, since it is used twice (the first "even" does make the second one redundant). I went ahead and changed it to what Manriki suggested. If someone has a problem with it, please let me know and I'll make sure to change it back.

Another thing I found, a small nitpick, but Return's max base power is 102 and not 100. And happiness is mostly maxed out anyway.
quick damage coming off of a 100 base Attack stat
Found here

Don't know how much do you care about the accuracy or not, but I feel that it should be corrected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)