The Everything NHL Thread

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
DiPietro started for the first time this century the other night, he did ok if you discount the entire second period.

also how the hell am i still in first goddamn

DiPietro started for the first time this century the other night, he did ok if you discount the entire second period.

also how the hell am i still in first goddamn
Because you've built yourself a pretty hefty lead, which is pretty much why I'm still in second (though not for much longer).

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
you could have caught me the last couple of weeks, so we'll see about that (especially since i'll be getting emery back soon and if he returns to his start-of-the-season form...)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Buffalo wins in Atlanta for the first time in 6 outings. That teams just always seems to have our number, but a great OT win today! Also, way too many bullshit penalties for both sides, what a terribly overofficiated game.

The Red Wings finally climbed into playoff contention tonight, beating the lowly 'Canes. It's still a work in progress, but I don't think that Howard is going to pan out. I would love to see them make a big move before the trade deadline to get a real goalie who could last for years but I'm not sure on what kind of cap room they have.

Also, I thought I would share this gem that I found, showing what a punk Crosby is/was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2US4iaPjag

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
now i'm not necessarily a howard fan but the numbers don't lie: third in the league in sv% at .928 and 6th in the league in gaa at 2.17..

ozzie's numbers? .897 sv% and 2.81 gaa

where would detroit be getting better numbers than howard's without it costing an arm and a leg? or unnecessarily complicating the cap number? plus, there's at least 2 other good goalie prospects in the red wings system right now that could easily be the franchise guy in a few seasons. i think ken holland sees howard as a stop gap between the end of osgood and the start of the future and it wouldn't make much sense to go out and buy a hasek or a cujo, especially when there's no guarantee of even making the playoffs at this point.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Red Wings finally climbed into playoff contention tonight, beating the lowly 'Canes. It's still a work in progress, but I don't think that Howard is going to pan out. I would love to see them make a big move before the trade deadline to get a real goalie who could last for years but I'm not sure on what kind of cap room they have.

Also, I thought I would share this gem that I found, showing what a punk Crosby is/was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2US4iaPjag
For about 2 hours!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sigh, Elias hurt... AGAIN. Right when he was playing well.

Yeah, where's the white flag? If I make it in the top 7 i'll be happy.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
DiPietro earns his first shutout in 23 months and the Isles are 9-2-1 in the last 12 games. I'm confused.

Poor Park though, had a goal waved off for the second time in as many games.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah man, your boys are coming on strong, good for them.

MEANWHILE, Les Sabres demolish the Coyotes and claim 1st place in the East! Lindy Ruff for Jack Adams.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Either Hawks, Sharks, or Sabres. I'm not giving any other team in the East a chance right now, but I will say the Olympic break has me worried.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
DiPietro earns his first shutout in 23 months and the Isles are 9-2-1 in the last 12 games. I'm confused.

Poor Park though, had a goal waved off for the second time in as many games.
Islanders winning is as weird as having you on top in Fantasy patrick ;)

oh fuck hi tieks where have you been the past two to three years

<3

Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup as of right now?
Also if I were betting in vegas right now:

Sharks
Blackhawks
Capitals
Penguins
Devils

With everyone else being fairly even long shots. I included three Eastern teams on purpose since that conference is really weak outside of the top four teams and whoever gets to the finals is likely to be a lot less worn down. Bump the capitals up two spots if Varlamov is back and healthy but signs have been negative so far; I don't think Theodore can do it. Similarly I don't have Hawks at #1 because of Huet. I know everyone has forgotten the Pens, but they're still at an age when they're getting better every year and they're the champs until defeated in the playoffs.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
betting any money on the sharks is probably a mistake!! i cant think of a worse way to use money than on an overwhelming favourite that has never been successful in the playoffs.

i'd put my money on chicago, washington or new jersey, although one team that I believe is capable of a long playoff run is the flyers, we all know what pronger can do at crunch time and with their play style, their fans and their carcillo, they are pretty much built for a 7 game series.

speaking of the playoffs, im making my fantasy push... and 3 of my better players are on the IR... just need to beat the frenchies this week.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
hope you do better against the frogs than i did

it's ok, though, i have aldaron this week, so i should be getting out of my slump shortly.

Guys

We never talk anymore :(

Frightened by Detroit being on NBC again, I won't have the luxury of being at the game this time if they decide to show commercials over a goal like two weeks ago...

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Carl kicked my ass and to rub it in even more Souray breaks himself and Marleau goes nuts, terrible trade ;_;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)