Ask the Admins #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how much time the admins invest in Smogon. Some are practically 24/7 online. Do they all have a good ''real life''?

Do admins know each other only as "collegues", or do they have closer bonds (like friendship over MSN/Facebook, direct knowledge etc.)?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What is the most annoying aspect of being an administrator? What is the most gratifying aspect of being an administrator? (IE, having to deal with idiots, seeing users grow, etc.)

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
What are your thoughts on the idea of a fifth generation in pokemon? In your opinion how much longer will pokemon keep making new games?

now that you're an administrator for a website about pokemon, where do you go from there? Astronaut? Nuclear physicist? President of math? I mean, what is the next logical step once you've reached the pinnacle of modern society? (or should I say, the Indigo Plateau? LOL) Will you just settle down and try to live a "normal" life, and get away from all the glamor and fame that comes with your position, or do you think there's possibly even a step beyond spending your free time managing a forum about pokemon? (hah, I know right? just the idea makes me laugh!)

But seriously, I really would like to know: what possible goals in life do you have? (besides being the best and catching them all, LOL)

Why did you choose "Smogon" (German for "Koffing") as the name of this community?

Is there a story behind it? We would love to know, lol. Since "Koffing" seems somewhat random.

Has becoming an Admin changed how you personally feel about the site and how you feel about other members within Smogon?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
What's your favorite question you've seen asked in the "Ask the Admins" thread?
and... another one about faves.
What's your favorite thread on smogon ever?

Is Smogon the only site you are moderator in or are you active on the likes of Bulbapedia as well?

What are your plans for the future? Are you planning to keep on being a moderator in the future or will you retire in a couple of years?

What do you do with you time, aside from spending your time administratrating Smogon? Do you live and breathe Pokemon every minute of everyday or do you have a life in the "real" world?

Do you believe the fifth generation will be beneficial to Pokemon? Do you think the core Pokemon RPG series should ever end?

Do you really think that the decision of pokemon becoming Uber, OU, BL, and UU should be decided by only around 30 people when thousands of players use Smogon for there battling standards? If you were to make it more open do you think that a system such as in order to vote you must have been active over the past, lets say, month, have so many posts, and have been on Smogon for over, say, 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)