Announcing Smogon Tour - Season Nine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[3:17pm] RB-Golbat: "Cool, looks like there are no restrictions on how many times you can battle per week."
[3:18pm] RB-Golbat: you can still only enter the tour twice a week right?
[3:19pm] Aeolus: right
[3:19pm] Aeolus: the idea of that is to get more people a chance to play

If the idea is to give more people a chance to play,is there any chance of thinking about a possible change in the times like people suggested a few pages back?It's very hard for Europeans to play with the current schedule :( .

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
In response to requests from a bunch of users, we are going to try changing the time of the Saturday tour to 4:00pm eastern. The thought is that this time still works for most North Americans (our largest constituency) while being more accessible for our European friends.

In addition, to help Europe further, the Sunday tour will be the "large" one this season instead of the Friday tour. If these changes don't appear to be working after the first couple weeks... then I will make adjustments.

Users may still only play in 2 tours per week.

Would it be possible for you guys to have the equivalent times on the scedule page? It makes it easier than having to do the math to work out what that time is for each individual. Or at least say what time it is in GMT so that everyone can just add or subtract their timezone a bit easier.

Is there any particular reason why Sunday Tour is the largest one. It's just that the Saturday Tour is possible with all three major regions of Smogon that is USA, Europe and Australia whilst Sunday is only possible with USA and Europe.

Ok, great news!
Would it be possible for you guys to have the equivalent times on the scedule page? It makes it easier than having to do the math to work out what that time is for each individual. Or at least say what time it is in GMT so that everyone can just add or subtract their timezone a bit easier.
EST = GMT-5
|
|
|
V
EST + 5 = GMT

If you have trouble, just google it.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
No more bitching about times or structure. :)

I talked this over, at length, with the moderating staff and we decided to go with the schedule I laid out because we believe it is the best for most of our users. If it turns out to cause problems, then I'll consider making adjustments then. It simply is not possible to accommodate, literally, the entire planet earth.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This makes weekend play a bit easier for me on the whole :) awesome, can't wait to win take part

In response to requests from a bunch of users, we are going to try changing the time of the Saturday tour to 4:00pm eastern. The thought is that this time still works for most North Americans (our largest constituency) while being more accessible for our European friends.

In addition, to help Europe further, the Sunday tour will be the "large" one this season instead of the Friday tour. If these changes don't appear to be working after the first couple weeks... then I will make adjustments.

Users may still only play in 2 tours per week.
Yeah this is awesome :)
This makes me looking forward to it even more :)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to be such a noob but...how do I sign up? Also, do we HAVE to play all levels or can we just participate in the OU events? Anyone who can help a poor, unknowledgable user would be greatly appreciated.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
You can play only on OU events, and you sign up when the threads are posted on the respective day, you can check that out in the Schedule. You have to be very fast though, OU tours tend to get 64 players in a lapse of 1 minute or so, probably even less iirc.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can play only on OU events, and you sign up when the threads are posted on the respective day, you can check that out in the Schedule. You have to be very fast though, OU tours tend to get 64 players in a lapse of 1 minute or so, probably even less iirc.
Thanks, and wow that is pretty competitive. Looking forward to it ;)

For someone who's been around smogon for awhile, due to timezones and school etc I've never actually participated in a tour. This time is different though, I'm ready and my adventures in other metagames will leave me well poised to win!!
:O MS in a tour? Awesome, I'll watch your matches <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)