NBA Season 2009-2010

Who else think that the Lakers are fucked in the playoffs because of any good team they have the worst point guard situation in the entire league by far. We are not winning this year folks, and i'm confident in saying so, unless
a) We trade someone like Odom for a decent PG
b) (This scenario won't happen) Our bench actually starts producing even vaguely like NBA players.

If not, I can see the Jazz/Nuggets causing us problems especially cause they match up with us decently on the interior. The Nuggets in particular scare the shit out of me!
These are the keys to the Lakers: Bynum/Gasol need to toughen up, Shannon Brown needs to play more, we need to find somebody to dump that trash vujachic onto, and Farmer needs to start playing over fisher. I still like our top 8 over any other in the league with Brown/Odom/Farmer off the bench.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
While watching NBA Shoot Around prior to last night's games, In one segment they showed that the Lakers can deal Jordan Farmar and Josh Powell to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich. I think that would be a great deal for the Lakers. He's tough, can shoot, plays excellent defense and he doesn't have to dominate the ball to be effective, which is what a triangle offense needs from a PG.

Personally I'd love if Kirk goes to Miami somehow (0.001% chance of that happening) since they can't deny that they NEED an effective PG if they want to have any hopes of winning a championship. Other than trading, the only other possible option I could see is signing Raymond Felton as a FA this coming summer.
I'm not gonna lie, I would have multiple orgasms if we got Kirk! Earlier in his career he was a 16/7 guy who could drain the three ball. We don't even need him to score much here seeing as we are loaded offensively, so even if he averaged similar assists totals (although I sure hope with Kobe and co that they'd rise) I would be a very happy man. Also who else thinks Kobe should not play at all the week before all star week and should sit out of the game? We need him back at 100 %!!!

Kobe out, Kidd in, Dirk starts.

My opinion: I don't think Kidd reaaaaaally deserves it this year, but the other back up choice imo Monta Ellis is injured. It could have just as easily been Aaron Brooks, imo, which would be just as fine as Kidd. Dirk however definitely deserves the starting job, especially over Amar'e. Duncan should have been listed at center in the first place.

Wizards close to trading Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and DeShawn Stevenson to the Mavericks for Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, and Quinton Ross.

Thoughts?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Competition just got tougher: Amare and Powe to Cavs, Butler to Mavs (lol steal).

Amare wont go to the Cavs.... They are paying varajao 10 million a year to play the 4, theres no need for them to go after amare

I dunno where you guys are pulling these trade rumors from but I've heard from a reliable source (aka ESPN) That the Rockets, Wizs, and Knicks are pretty close to a deal that would send:

Rockets get:
Caron Butler
Brendan Haywood
One Player to be decided (Larry Hughes, Jared Jeffries or someone else)

Wizs get:
Al Harrington

Knicks get:
T-Mac's contract

Reports say that once the Knicks decide who that final player is, then the teams will send the transaction for the deal the be finalized. If this goes through, this almost certainly means Antwan Jamison is going to be shipped out somewhere.

I have to say, as a Rockets fan, I almost came when I heard this deal.

Wizards close to trading Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and DeShawn Stevenson to the Mavericks for Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, and Quinton Ross.

Thoughts?
Thoughts: we may have just beaten Pau Gasol for biggest steal in the last decade, though we have to beat the Lakers or Nuggets and make it to the finals to prove it :)

the wiz/rockets/knicks trade was only a rumor. I don't think it's as big of a steal as the SuperGasolBros. trade, but certainly as much as the Billups/Iverson trade!

Trade has been finalized.

The Mavericks traded Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, James Singleton, and Quinton Ross for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and DeShawn Stevenson, with some cash from the Wizards.

How does that beat the Gasol trade? :)
What I think people are underestimating is how likely it is Caron Butler will have a "revival" upon coming to the Mavericks, similar to how Dirk got a bit of a "revival" when they acquired Kidd. Now the one way it might hurt us is Marion went from unexpectedly being starter a lot to now probably never starting...but he will still get minutes and will still be important to us, especially in defensive ways. I mean, he dropped literally 2 assists per game this year. That is unlikely to persist!

Haywood is going to add 1 or 2 ppg to Dallas' +/-; things like that give you a nice little buffer in things like close games! When was the last time the Mavericks had a "real" center?

When was the last time the Mavericks had a "real" center?
What are you talking? You have the 2nd best center in the West, right?

Yeah, I'm fairly bitter. Wanted Butler the most out of all the prospective rumors for McGrady's corpse, as Iggy would put us in luxury tax hell and Martin's injured way too much. Now I guess we should just trade him to New York for expirings (Harrington and Hughes?) to get us under luxury tax, and figure things out from there.

And yeah, the Mavericks and their playboy owner can jump in a fire as far as I care.

What are you talking? You have the 2nd best center in the West, right?

Yeah, I'm fairly bitter. Wanted Butler the most out of all the prospective rumors for McGrady's corpse, as Iggy would put us in luxury tax hell and Martin's injured way too much. Now I guess we should just trade him to New York for expirings (Harrington and Hughes?) to get us under luxury tax, and figure things out from there.

And yeah, the Mavericks and their playboy owner can jump in a fire as far as I care.
Did you just call Dampier or Haywood the 2nd best center in the West? I want w/e you are smoking

He's referring to a couple years ago when Dampier proclaimed himself the second best center in the West in response to CaptKirby saying that the Mavs have not have a legit center in quite some time.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, the Gasol trade isn't really a steal anymore with the emergence of Marc Gasol, though lol javaris crittendon

And the Grizz weren't going anywhere with Pau anyway. Probably not equal talent-wise, but seems like a typical rebuilding move.

Gasol easily is best steal this decade because the Lakers essencially traded draft picks for 2 Finals appearances, a championship, and a lock to be contenders for the next 4 years.

As for the Mavs trade.. all I can say is wow. Well, if everyone gels, this team should find themselves in the conference finals, maybe even farther o_O

Sadly this probably means no 7 footer for the Rockets ;_;

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there was only 1 good dunk in that whole contest, and it belonged to demar derozan.

why would anyone ever ever ever vote for nate to win it again

Looks like the Mavs made out nicely, Wizards not so much. I'm just hoping the Suns keep Amar'e...really, why the fuck do they keep trying to trade him this time of the year? Of recent memory, he's the last draft pick that the Suns even bothered using, almost every other one just gets tossed to the wayside.

As for the All Star day, nice to see Nash win the Skills for the second time, didn't catch who won the 3 point, and even though this year's dunk contest was less than inspiring, nice to see Nate take home a 3rd trophy win. Even if his dunks can't match his epic leap over Dwight Howard last year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Holy fuck the Mavs ripped them off, they are actually ridiculously scary with Haywood (good defender!)/Nowitzki/Marion/Butler/Kidd with Jet and JJ off the bench. Wow I reckon they have enough to pinch the second seed, I'm depressed Lakers don't have a new pg :(.

PS Mavs fans, imagine if you had Devin (healthy)!!!

Holy fuck the Mavs ripped them off, they are actually ridiculously scary with Haywood (good defender!)/Nowitzki/Marion/Butler/Kidd with Jet and JJ off the bench. Wow I reckon they have enough to pinch the second seed, I'm depressed Lakers don't have a new pg :(.

PS Mavs fans, imagine if you had Devin (healthy)!!!
I hope JJ isn't the second guy off the bench. Haywood/Dirk/Marion/Butler/Kidd and then Terry, Damp, Rodrigue, Tim Thomas, THEN JJ.

Devin Harris would not know what to do with the ball with all those options on the court with him. Kidd is the right PG for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)