How can I improve my OU team?

Hi there, Im new here but Iv been using this team for a while and until recently it has worked rather well for me, but I think i need help on improving it, which is why Im asking for people to rate it for me.
Also if someone can tell me how i can upload pictures of Pokemon unto the thread Id much appreciate it.

Here goes:

Lead: Jirachi (Choice Scarf)
Adamant
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 speed, 4 def

U-turn
Zen Headbutt
Trick
Stealth Rock

My favorite and best OU lead in my opinion, it has everything you could want in a lead, With trick i can shut down pesky leads such as swampert who set up S rock, or if someone is tries to set up with a SD scizor, i can trick them and stealth rock them on the switch, not to mention i can shut down annoying walls such as skarmory or blissy (being careful of t-wave and roar)
U turn of course is to scout and leaves a fair amount of damage as she leaves, this does wonders against Azelf leads, cutting of more than 50% of the hp moste of the time, and letting me switch to something that can take the flamethrower.
I choose Zen headbutt over Iron head for the sole purpose of revenge killing Infernapes, (Not lead apes) because i save jirachi for later moste of the time (of course jirachi loses the ability to revenge kill infernape if iv all ready tricked the scarf away)

Sweeper: Gyradose (leichi berry)
Adamant
Evs: 252 attack, 252 speed

Dragon Dance
Bounce
Waterfall
Substitute

My late game sweeper, and my favourite on the team, since gyradose will moste likely force a switch, this gives me the chance to subsistence on the switch, this normally catches my opponent of guard, since most people expect the standard DD set, (in some cases iv had people switch to a wall with t-wave or will-o-wisp, only to find out iv subbed, giving me a extra DD as they switch out) once he's behind a sub ill DD once and more than likely out speed the counter.
If i need more power, i can simply sub until i activate the berry, however this set does have some problems, namely Vaporeon, who can absorb my waterfall and protect on the bounce (if its a wish set) and also bounce being a 2 turn move can also cause problems, which is why i leave gyradose to sweep once its counters have been dealt with.

Sweeper: Latias (Choice scarf)
Timid
Evs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Def

Surf
Thunder Bolt
Draco Meteor
Trick

A pretty standard Latais set, and my check for such threats as Life orb Salamence and standard DD Gyradose, but with trick it can also shut down the ever looming Blissy (with a bit of prediction)
Draco Metier is there for pure power, and can seriously dent anything that isn't a steel type or Evd in sp.def, this does however leave her open as set up bait, since she is a Hit and Run Pokemon when she isn't revenge killing.
I choose Thunder Bolt over Grass knot because gyradose was more threatening that swampert, and surf is there to revenge kill any scarfed heatran who thinks it can out speed my latais.
She works well as a teamate with Jirachi after she has u-turned away from a Azelf.

Wall Breaker: Infernape (life orb)
Jolly
Evs: 252 Sp.attack, 52 attack, 200speed

Fire Blast
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Nasty Plot

The ultimate wall breaker in OU, (in my opion) and rightly so, there arnt many pokemon that can keep both Blissy and Skarmory in check.
Of course it does need some prediction sending in, since infernape doesn't like a t-wave from blissy or Brave bird from Skarmory.
Many people Iv battled expect a scarfed or banded infernape, and normally switch to a wrong counter such as Gyradose, who, after stealth rock damage, will normally be killed from grass knot.
And it doesn't stop there, if infernape manages to force a switch, ill nasty plot up (if i predicted right) laying waste to anything that dosnt resist infernapes awesome move pool.
Of course infernape doesn't like anything that can out-speed it, namely starmie, who, if come in on a close combat or fire blast, will force me to switch to Latais, or Jirachi (if i think my opponent predicted my prediction and is knows im going to switch to latais).

Wall: Registeel (leftovers)

Evs: 252 sp.def, 252 HP

S-toss
Thunder-wave
Stealth rock
Iron Head

Although most Registeels are seen in UU, this one found a nice spot on my team as my special wall, and rightly so, walling most pokemon that arnt carrying specs, and with thunder wave, I can cripple any counters sent in that want to ruin Registeels fun.
I did originally have rest on this set, but switched it for Iron head so i had something to hit ghosts with, Namely Gengar who has problems taking registeel down even with Focus blast.
Stealth rock is there in case Jirachi fails to lay them down or is KOd early.
Registeel has problems with infernapes even if they are t-waves on the switch, since registeel cant muster a KO with its attacks, which is why he works so well with Latais, since they cover there weaknesses perfectly.

Wall: Gliscor (leftovers)
Bold
Evs: 252 hp, 52 def, 200speed

Roost
Ariel Ace
Knock Off
Earthquake

last but not least, my physical wall, and he gets the job done (mostly).
I choose Gliscor because i needed a good partner for Registeel, and although he dosnt resist fire moves (that jobs for latais or Gyradose) he does cover registeels fighting and earth weakness, while registeel covers his fear of ice (and dosnt mind playing in the water).
I choose knock off for the sole purpose of finding out the sets of my opponents pokemon, and it works rather well in weakining those holding choice items.
Ariel ace is there as a filler move, but works well at taking out the rare Heracross and does a bit of damage to Machamp.
Despite all this, i have considered switching gliscor for another wall, since knock off dosnt work well with the two trickers i have on my team, and his defense doesn't quite cushion the blow from some sweepers.

I find this team has issues against rain dance teams and stall teams, since i have no rapid spinner or cleric on my team.

Thats pretty much it, hope I didnt type to much...

Please rate or tell me how I can improve my team!

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should change Zen Headbutt to Iron Head on Jirachi. You say that you use Iron Head to revenge kill Infernape, but Infernape is well dealt with by Latias and Gyarados, and even your own Infernape, who is running slightly more speed than Standard Infernape can revenge kill. Iron Head will allow you to better combat Azelf and Aerodactyl leads, and will help for example to revenge kill DDtar later in the game. I've just realised that Registeel has SR, so this can be taken off Jirachi; Jirachi could then run Zen Headbutt and Iron Head, or one of the elemental punches (thunderpunch works well against Gyarados, Ice punch against Dragons but I would go for Fire Punch as these are dealt with by Latias.)

I think Aerial Ace (and possibly Knock Off too) needs to be replaced on Gliscor. I would suggest either Taunt or U-turn, or both. Taunt helps you to shut down stall, and works particularly well if you run Toxic. U-turn helps to avoid double switches. He should run a Jolly nature and 216 speed Evs to outrun all Lucario (at the moment, Bold is cutting yout attack - Impish is what you meant.)

Your Infernape wants a Naive nature, because Jolly is cutting your Special Attack and weakening Grass Knot and Fire Blast.

Your Registeel and Gyarados are each missing 4 EVs.

Good luck.

Jirachi-with SR on registeel, your last moveslot would be much better utilized by using iron head/tpunch/icepunch all of which deal with ttar/gyara/mence and flygon, you just have to decide who gives you more trouble.
Gliscor-Gliscor benifits more from a jolly nature and 216 spe evs, letting you outrun lucario and all non scarfed heatrans, ariel ace and knock do very little for gliscor, taunt and uturn will work much better.

Im backing up jc104's suggestions, as theyre are dead on.

You should change Zen Headbutt to Iron Head on Jirachi. You say that you use Iron Head to revenge kill Infernape, but Infernape is well dealt with by Latias and Gyarados, and even your own Infernape, who is running slightly more speed than Standard Infernape can revenge kill. Iron Head will allow you to better combat Azelf and Aerodactyl leads, and will help for example to revenge kill DDtar later in the game. I've just realised that Registeel has SR, so this can be taken off Jirachi; Jirachi could then run Zen Headbutt and Iron Head, or one of the elemental punches (thunderpunch works well against Gyarados, Ice punch against Dragons but I would go for Fire Punch as these are dealt with by Latias.)

I think Aerial Ace (and possibly Knock Off too) needs to be replaced on Gliscor. I would suggest either Taunt or U-turn, or both. Taunt helps you to shut down stall, and works particularly well if you run Toxic. U-turn helps to avoid double switches. He should run a Jolly nature and 216 speed Evs to outrun all Lucario (at the moment, Bold is cutting yout attack - Impish is what you meant.)

Your Infernape wants a Naive nature, because Jolly is cutting your Special Attack and weakening Grass Knot and Fire Blast.

Your Registeel and Gyarados are each missing 4 EVs.

Good luck.
Thanks for the nature corrections, those where the nature my pokes had, i just didn't have my ds on me at the time (bad memory lol)
I like the suggestion to replace jirachi's stealth rock for another attacking move, turning it into more of a anti lead seems interesting, though i might miss the extra Stealth rock support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)