AoK's iconography

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
These have been up on my picture album for quite some time, but from the few people who've seen them, I got a few compliments so I decided to finally post these. I feel a bit shy though since there are so many amazing artists here, and my own ability is limited lol.

What's unique about this thread is that for my Pokemon art, I use the icons as my references. Yeah, those little 32x32 sprites you see when you open up your party in-game. I think they're cute and better than many actual Pokemon sprites, so when I'm bored in class, I break out my sketchbook and my iPhone on Bulbapedia archives, and draw.

Everything here has been cropped from the originals to avatar size, so if you want to do your own resizing, please don't hesitate to ask for the original scans for all but Linoone and maybe Shaymin.

Feel free to take anything to use as an avatar, I've used a few of these myself and I've cropped everything to be avatar size. You don't need to give me credit, just do not claim anything as your own.

Without further ado, here's what I have so far in Nat Dex order;

Mewtwo

Marill

Azumarill

Skiploom

Spot the Quagsire

Granbull

Celebi

Linoone (the first one I did, hence looks a bit faded)

Azurill

Grass Burmy

Ground Burmy

Steel Burmy***will be redrawn

Pachirisu

Shaymin

Other Pokemon related art
I draw sort of in a cartoony manner. Random assorted art in the order of me finding them in my Photobucket account. Please excuse the lined paper used for a few of these.

Miltank & Tauros
European style coat of arms with Pokemon. Can you identify them all? The Latin part is gibberish, this was done in math class and was never corrected, so don't kill me.
Syberia as Piplup offering a Gracidea flower to Lexite the Swablu. Shaymin is not pleased.
Lexite & girl power. ;D
Realistic Pokemon. Who's that Pokemon?
Random Cubone with no eyes
Married couple Porygon-Z and Porygon2
Typhlosion and lol Arceus
Staryu in my calc notes. Also featuring horrible handwriting when I'm bored, tired, and half-conscious.
P2 drawn for a contest.
Colored shiny version of above P2.
Winning drawing for a Wi-Fi contest. Scored a sweet pre-RNG Absol for this, which I still have.

Non-Pokemon art
I've drawn and uploaded a number of other things. These are just selected works of mine, if you want to see more, lmk.

Hooded figure thing
Fan art for the SHMUP game Mushihimesama. The bug is not Kirio, or whatever the fuck it's called, I know.
Sorta fan art of Mushihimesama Futari. For those who've played the game, the bug with the crown is Reco and the one flying away and looking towards the left is Prince Palm.
Shitload of original characters of mine. The girl is supposed to be me. One of my unfinished sketches.
Head study of a friend of mine

Comics
I love to draw comics. Irl, I'm the kid who sits in class and draws comics about other people all day. As expected, most of these involve people I know in real life (friends, classmates, teachers, etc), and the girl in the glasses. In older comics, I'm the chibi girl with the poofy hair.

Not everything is included, so if anyone wants me to post more (mostly older comics), lmk.

Sadly, my scanner cuts off the last panel and I cannot correct this since it's small and my sketchbook pages are long. I can scan the last panels if you really want to see something, and since they're usually important, I might reup these....

Rabies / physics / swimmer
Cork butts and paradoxical reality check imaginary friends. Sadly, the graphical representation of a cork butted bear was cut out, maybe for the better. Learn some interesting information about hibernation.
An exploration of the term "whatever" used in daily life. Features a rebuff of my boyfriend, people in one of my classes at school, breaking my DS due to hax, and getting revenge on companies that use automated telephone operators for technical support. As usual, the best parts, usually the "whatevers" got cut out.
Trying not to bite my English teacher. Sadly the most important parts of the caricature of my friend Tom and his girlfriend/my other friend Kelly grabbing me out of her backpack and saying "Get out! Get out, get out! Class is over!" were cut out.
Old comic concerning my black boyfriend.
Part of a series called "The Great Potato War". I apologize for the poor dimensions. Also, I was not high at the time.
Owing midget bakers money, cannabilistic islanders, and llamas. Bday card for friend. I call him Bear Fucker.
second part of above.

On Requests
I welcome requests for Pokemon icon avatars and comics! I will do any and all requests because I love doing them, so please let me know what you want! Just be mindful of my schedule, as I usually do these in school and I'm a procrastinating lazy ass.

Here's a few guidelines though, you don't have to follow them, they're just suggestions.

For Pokemon icons:
~ Because of my limited drawing ability, I can't do every Pokemon. I will attempt to do some of the more difficult ones, but if I'm unable to do so, I'll let you know.
~ Try, try, try not to suggest popular Pokemon (i.e. legends, OUs, Eeveelutions, fan-whored Pokemon like Gardevoir, etc). I'll still do them, but I prefer to do bullshit Pokemon no one cares about.

For comics:
~ Sorry, but I won't do anything sexually explicit. No naked people, "walk-in" scenarios, etc. I will do innuendo and jokes, but I'll be the judge of what I will and will not do. A pun on "happiness" is not funny.
~ Be specific in what you want from me. For example, "I want a mutant angry fire breathing chicken that preys upon man like locusts on crops" versus "I want EL POLLO LOCO". If you like artistic liberty, though, just say "I want a chicken". Or some shit. You get the point. :P
~ If you want me to draw certain people, PM me relevant pictures.

And there we have it! Feedback/opinions are welcomed! I am seeking to improve my drawing skills, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
kk, I won't forget now ;o

thank you <3

EDIT;; this is now the request post for make benefit aok's memory

Gyarados / Infernape -> Lord Blood
Ludicolo (in mid-dance) -> pokerama
Delibird -> Rename Card

andrea

/me cresselias
AoK, I love this stuff ^_^ <33 You're amazing. The Absol for the Wi-Fi Contest is really nice.

I love your comics as well... I am definitely guilty of spending classes making a comic strip instead of paying attention.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Thanks a lot, Miss Marill. :P

Hehe, looks like I'm not the only one. I'm not guilty though, school is just so boring...

AoK, some very nice drawings, I also make comic strips, but not with that imagination nor anything that impressing, my drawing skills are far too limited.

I have an idea for you Age, scan the icons, print them off and colour them in & post so you'll have original non coloured and coloured copies, just an idea because I think this thread needs a little colour then it will go from awesomeness to perfect :3

I really like the pictures. The Shaymin one looks so realistic. Make more. Try an Infernape or Gyarados. That'd be awesome.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Thanks for all the nice comments!

And now for my first update!
Granbull

Feedback replies:

@ColdRain: I'm scared to ruin the originals by coloring them in since I lack the materials to do so (I need to buy some good colored pencils anyways..) and I'll probably mess up. But you have a very valid point, I'll experiment with color for a more simple Pokemon and see how it goes. :D

@Zuki: I welcome requests, so if you have one and want more art, lemme know! ;)

@Lord Blood: I'll try my best. I think Infernape is within my drawing ability, but Gyarados seems tough. As much as I want to avoid "popular" Pokemon I can't turn down a request, so I'll try them out and maybe their pre-evos as well.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I uploaded these a few days ago, but I might as well post before TW comes back up again...

Anyways, this week I was a bit sick and didn't last through the entire week. That and HG has been distracting me. I could only get a few requests done, the others should be done next week.

Pachirisu, for September. Apparently he had some sort of avatar dare, and he asked me to draw this.

Burmy, Grass cloak for Eiganjo. I actually dislike this form, but it came out the best...

Ground cloak for Eiganjo. It looks too round to me.

Will probably redraw this, I'm not satisfied with the job I did for it. It's a shame because the Steel cloak Wormadam is my favorite (even though I greatly despise the color pink), and is probably the most competitively viable. The Metal Sound / SR combo is pretty neat in the lower tiers.

Celebi "redraw"! I actually did something I promised to do! I saw "redraw" because I just erased a few things here and there and darkened the outline. It looks much, much better than the original....

Again, I apologize to those requests I couldn't get to this week. I have them recorded on my second post itt so I don't forget.

And...a comic! Those of you who live near the coast, or just find birds annoying, might find this amusing. I'm surprised nothing was cut out, though now I've picked up the habit of leaving a bit of space on the side of the page for scanner purposes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/aokfank801/IMAGE0036.jpg

andrea

/me cresselias
AoK, the Pachirisu is really really cute =3 And I would like to see these colored in haha- maybe I'll print them off like a coloring book!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)