Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is the wrong topic- new here and totally not seeing a better place to ask:

What's a good counter to Machamp? He's destroyed me every time I've faced him (Breloom too- so maybe just good fighting counters).

I've got rotom-H, and he's just not doing anything for me.

For Machamp, Gliscor and Gyarados can both work well. I find that hitting it with an Intimidate at the first chance I can get helps me deal with Machamp immensely.

Breloom is different beast. You're going to want to use something to absorb its spore, and if it's a substitute variant, a U-Turn user is your best friend. U-Turn to break the sub and then if it's focusing, switch to a fighting resist, if not, switch to a Grass or Rock resist.

For Machamp, Gliscor and Gyarados can both work well. I find that hitting it with an Intimidate at the first chance I can get helps me deal with Machamp immensely.

Breloom is different beast. You're going to want to use something to absorb its spore, and if it's a substitute variant, a U-Turn user is your best friend. U-Turn to break the sub and then if it's focusing, switch to a fighting resist, if not, switch to a Grass or Rock resist.
All right, I'll look into a gyarados for my team. As for Breloom, I've got a CBscizor. Maybe I'm just not quite good enough at using my team yet. Thanks

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's a good counter to Machamp?
Slowbro is the best counter, due to resistance to dpunch and immunity to confusion, whilst having high defense and being slower so that payback doesn't hit hard. It is closely followed by Spiritomb and Dusknoir, for similar reasons. Rotom-A with reflect or Will-o-wisp can work well too, but Payback really hurts, and you may be unable to actually KO it if it is a ResTTalk version.

The best Breloom counter is probably Hypno, but he is so useless otherwise that I would not recommend it.

What is the highest IV spread you can have for Zapdos if you want HP [Ice]?

For the following set:

Zapdos - Modest
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Roost
HP [Ice]

Okay, I'm not sure if this is just a glitch on shoddy, or if it is part of how the game works.

I was playing with a super gimmicky team the other day, and I had a Switcheroo Lopunny @ Klutz. But I came in to take a trick, and I got a Life Orb onto Lopunny. I then attacked, because the opponent who switched me was low on HP and so was I. But when I attacked, Lopunny lost 10% health.

So my question is: Does Klutz not keep you from taking damage from items that normally inflict it, or is just a glitch in the ShoddyBattle programming?

Auron87 said:
What is the highest IV spread you can have for Zapdos if you want HP [Ice]?
It depends on the nature.

The dragon-move tutor wont teach my salamence any moves because it doesnt trust me enough yet... I give it a massage everyday, i battle with it all the time, it has the soothe belt and on the poketch app where the whole party is floating around it shows 2 hearts when i click on him... Any thoughts on how i can speed up the process?

The dragon-move tutor wont teach my salamence any moves because it doesnt trust me enough yet... I give it a massage everyday, i battle with it all the time, it has the soothe belt and on the poketch app where the whole party is floating around it shows 2 hearts when i click on him... Any thoughts on how i can speed up the process?
What you're doing is great. Remember, happiness only increases if it gains levels (not just participate in battles). On the Poketch, the two hearts must appear and then grow in size, which indicates a higher happiness. Also, if you take him to the Footprint Doctor on the route East of Pastoria, he should give you a ribbon if Salamence's happiness is maxed out.

I do not understand my ranking on the ladder on shoddy battle.

I looked at shoddy battle website, but it doesn't help.

What does all these number means?
what is a good ranking?
what is the official or theorical average?

Help!

Only a few hours into Heart Gold and despite having a Timid Alakazam at the front of my party, my Raikou seems set with a RASH nature (+SpAtt, -SpDef) after 4 soft resets.

Is there a set that makes this Raikou salvageable? Do I stick with a Calm Mind set and just have this guy hit hard with Tbolt, Shadow Ball and Sub/Hidden Power?

What's a good way to beat out a stall team? I played a team with Hippowdon/Blissey and they would always just switch between each other =/ so my toxic didnt do too much esp with rest (they also had skarmory and like a machamp or snorlax)

I'm pretty sure Raikou isn't synchronisable. I think nature and IVs are set when you release it (and Entei). After the event, no amount of SRing will change it.

1) Iv'e noticed CBGross is used less even in OU, would it be true to assume Metagross is better using sets other than Band in Ubers as well, as Scizor is avilable?
2) Should Agiligross be used in Ubers?
3) What SR users when not leading are recommended (maybe Metagross itself)?

1) Not necessarily. There are sets, and even Pokemon, that work better in Ubers than in OU. But I can't say whether this applies to CBGross specifically. Really, you should get on Shoddy and try it.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
1) Iv'e noticed CBGross is used less even in OU, would it be true to assume Metagross is better using sets other than Band in Ubers as well, as Scizor is avilable?
2) Should Agiligross be used in Ubers?
3) What SR users when not leading are recommended (maybe Metagross itself)?
Swampert makes a good SR user even when not leading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)