Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

The Modern Warfare series will never be the same without the game director Jason West. I hope his talent will not go to waste and will land him employed or to create a start-up somewhere.On the brighter side, he's freed from the Modern Warfare series and will be able to engage and expand his talent in other areas.

This was stupid, Activision. They've just fired the creative mind behind this hyped game franchise that netted most of their money. The Treyarch studio might also face issues in the future as they depend on the model used by Modern Warfare series. Let's see the consequences.

ive been playing this game alot since christmas and im level 70 1st prestige and im not going to prestige again because the first time it really sucked in that the guns i like more are higher leveled.

Anyway im also done being serious and using serious classes because i want to have more fun with this game. So for the time being im just going to use marathon lightweight steady aim akimbo m93s

Just got the game a week ago and i'm lovin it. I am level 46 and here is the class i use.

Primary: SCAR-H with Silencer
Secondary: Spas 12 with grip
Equipment: Claymore
Grenades: Stun
Perks: Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro
Killstreaks: Predator Missile, Harrier Strike, and Pave Low
Deathstreak: Painkiller
K/D: 1.25
W/L: 1.01
Accuracy: 15.72%

Also FAMAS or M16A4?:pirate:

According to stats Famas is better, Faster fire rate and less damage drop over distance.

However it really all comes down to preference, I use the M16 as it just looks nicer, I think that the Famas is an ugly gun.

Famas w/ RDS
M16 w/ Holo

I probably play this for an hour each day now before I go to bed, and all I use is Akimbo G18's.

By far my favorite set for Hardcore Team Deathmatch is Bling SCAR with Holo and Silencer. Interesting how a simple equipment change can dramatically alter a persons record. I went from consecutive lasts to consecutive 1sties.

SCAR

Also stopping by to say Akimbo G-18s are the new 1887s.

I can kill you and 3 of your best friends from across the map with dual wielding machine pistols, gg.

Hmm, did people just realise this?? Or was there a patch update??? Haven't played for a while

I've started over (no prestige, just made a new account because I didn't want to pay for a new gamertag)

been using:

Primary: P90 w/ Akimbo, Rapid Fire
Secondary: AA-12 w/ Red Dot Sight, Grip

- Bling Pro
- Stopping Power Pro
- Steady Aim Pro

Pretty good imo. I get at least 16 kills minimum now.

YTP - Why a RDS on your AA-12? Extended Mags or FMJ are infinitely better choices.

I dislike both the AA-12 and Akimbo P90's personally, but to each their own.

Also, from Experience a P90 could kill just as fast being hipfired than an Akimbo one can using hip fire esp. with steady Aim, and the advantage of a non-akimbo'd one is that you can actually aim more accurately if you want to use it for midrange fire.

Maybe he just wants to use a RDS, fmj isn't so groundbreaking that it'll stop him from getting kills if he doesn't have it

recently I've pretty much just been playing with the mini-uzi and the striker.

Mini-uzi @ silencer
Striker @ extended mags
C4
Marathon pro, stopping power pro, sitrep pro

The striker is retardedly good and has better range then the spas, and once you get the rhythm down you can easily put out the five-six shots it takes to kill someone at max range.

Also I'm trying for sitrep pro six this prestige, so far I'm at 200/700... shoot me now

I think its consensus that assault rifles are by far the best weapons, except in SnD where its all running around with SMGs. The game is too easy, my K/D was 2.5 but it dropped down to, and stayed at 2.2 when I stopped using CG and Assault Rifles....

Obviously they didn't beta test the game, probably because Activison rush them to get it out on the anniversary of W@W.... and they would rather have the money a month earlier to please stockholders than sell a groundbreaking long-lasting game.

*EDIT fixed a few words*

Does anyone use the ACR? I personally do well with it, but others say it's bad. Does this every happen to you guys? A gun is good for you, but for another person it sucks. Or vice versa.

Also the M16. When I first got it, it only took one burst to kill. Now it takes 2 or 3 :/ Anyone have the same problem?

Does anyone use the ACR? I personally do well with it, but others say it's bad. Does this every happen to you guys? A gun is good for you, but for another person it sucks. Or vice versa.

Also the M16. When I first got it, it only took one burst to kill. Now it takes 2 or 3 :/ Anyone have the same problem?
Accel, I'm usually a fan of the SCAR, but recently, I've been picking up the ACR as it's fun to use. I personally like the SCAR's range, but the ACR's fire rate still make it viable, especially in game types like hard core.

M16 was always one burst kill I thought. Then again, I always use it with Stopping Power, so that might be your problem.

i use the M16 with Silencer and red dot scope. perks: Bling, Stopping power, commando (ALL PRO) then i have a deathstreak Pain killers.

That is why it does not kill in 1 burst from any sort of range.
With Stopping Power on it's still doing 42 damage per shot from any range (30*1.4), so it's always a one burst kill regardless.

The only reason people aren't getting one burst kills is because one of the shots must be missing. If that's the case then people should be running Holographic Sight instead of the RDS, due to the Holo making the grouping on the bursts less spread out (There's a video on YouTube somewhere that I think was posted on here a few pages ago actually).

I'm gonna start testing out the LMGs on here in the hope that they're as good as they are on Battlefield. Does anyone know an LMG that doesn't need a sight on it? (I want to use a Grip + Sleight of Hand) I know there's the RPD, but I feel really cheap using that. If not I guess i'll have to use the RPD.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With Stopping Power on it's still doing 42 damage per shot from any range (30*1.4), so it's always a one burst kill regardless.

The only reason people aren't getting one burst kills is because one of the shots must be missing. If that's the case then people should be running Holographic Sight instead of the RDS, due to the Holo making the grouping on the bursts less spread out (There's a video on YouTube somewhere that I think was posted on here a few pages ago actually).

I'm gonna start testing out the LMGs on here in the hope that they're as good as they are on Battlefield. Does anyone know an LMG that doesn't need a sight on it? (I want to use a Grip + Sleight of Hand) I know there's the RPD, but I feel really cheap using that. If not I guess i'll have to use the RPD.
I liked using the AUG, it has a simple iron sight, and I thought it was pretty easy to use/get use to.

M16 needs Holographic and stopping power. The red dot sight is a bit off.

The ACR is probably the best gun in the game especially with stopping power and a silencer. It has no recoil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)